I have been with BlackBerry from the start, and have been using two Torches over the last 5 years or so. Just got a new Classic yesterday and this is my first experience with the new OS - boy am I confused. I figured out how to arrange the desktop the way I like - totally different then what I was used to. Now I'm trying to find apps I have always used - What happened to Quick Search with Google, Pandora & Yelp apps?

I guess you can no longer get a horizontal view when turning the device.

I guess analog clock will no longer stay on when charging - subject to screen dimming for some reason.
    Last edited by ypsi-slim; 03-01-15 at 05:39 PM.
    Benjamin Black likes this.
    03-01-15 05:28 PM
    Use blackberry world or Amazon to find your apps....do a search out here for Snap and how to install it. That will get you into the amazon App Store.

Since the beginning? Since you started using smart phones you mean? Blackberry devices have been around since 98. I have been a blackberry supporter since 2000
    03-01-15 05:41 PM
    Oh, and welcome to BB10
    03-01-15 05:41 PM
    It doesn't get any better either. Some will say it's the greatest OS ever, but there are others who really don't like it and never will. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 05:43 PM
    I have been with BlackBerry from the start, and have been using two Torches over the last 5 years or so. Just got a new Classic yesterday and this is my first experience with the new OS - boy am I confused. I figured out how to arrange the desktop the way I like - totally different then what I was used to. Now I'm trying to find apps I have always used - What happened to Quick Search with Google, Pandora & Yelp apps?

I guess analog clock will no longer stay on when charging - subject to screen dimming for some reason.
    When changing, lock your phone and access the lock screen. Then swipe down from the top of the device to access bedside mode. This will display the clock at all times. Note that there are bedside mode settings so you want to make sure you allow/disallow notifications on this mode before using

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:01 PM
    It doesn't get any better either. Some will say it's the greatest OS ever, but there are others who really don't like it and never will. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    That's the first completely honest assessment I've read on CB of the the BBOS10 since I tried...and hated the first Z10 I got in my hands. I'd been a BlackBerry guy since 2000 myself, and thought I could operate a BlackBerry device with my eyes closed (and I could). I was very disappointed in the gesture operated OS10, and it's the only thing that keeps me from giving up my iPhone 6...which I'm bored crapless with...and coming back to BlackBerry with the Classic, the Passport, or something. I'm not at all stupid, but OS10 made me feel that way.

If you could get OS7 on a Verizon Classic, I'd be dinging my PayPal account for one tonight!
    Carjackd and TinMan555 like this.
    03-01-15 08:48 PM
    That's the first completely honest assessment I've read on CB of the the BBOS10 since I tried...and hated the first Z10 I got in my hands. I'd been a BlackBerry guy since 2000 myself, and thought I could operate a BlackBerry device with my eyes closed (and I could). I was very disappointed in the gesture operated OS10, and it's the only thing that keeps me from giving up my iPhone 6...which I'm bored crapless with...and coming back to BlackBerry with the Classic, the Passport, or something. I'm not at all stupid, but OS10 made me feel that way.

If you could get OS7 on a Verizon Classic, I'd be dinging my PayPal account for one tonight!
    I'm still so lost with the bbosers and their bashing of "gestures". Can someone please help me define gestures? Swiping on a screen? How else does one use a touchscreen ? Isnt every mobile is a gesture based os? Didn't IOS invent the gesture based os? Isn't it still a gesture based os? I mean it only has one button.
    03-01-15 09:24 PM
    OP, probably best to purchase another legacy device if you're averse to learning BB OS 10, or possibly get an iPhone. iOS has been universally lauded for ease of use.

Alternatively, you can get an android phone and install the Wiser launcher.

People like what they like. I bear no ill will towards folks who don't like OS 10. Hell, I wasn't a ''real'' blackberry user until I got my Passport. I bought a Bold a long while ago, before returning it for an iPhone because I considered the OS archaic.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport or Classic.
    03-01-15 09:46 PM
    Give it some time. Make use of the Tutorial app and Help app.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    03-01-15 10:15 PM
    Give it some time. Make use of the Tutorial app and Help app.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, it's about a two week learning curve then you are golden

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-01-15 10:29 PM
    you should watch a couple videos
    03-01-15 10:40 PM
    ... Now I'm trying to find apps I have always used - What happened to Quick Search with Google, Pandora & Yelp apps?

I believe Quickstart has just released an app for BB10, but I'm not sure. search CB and double check.

Open your clock. Swipe down from the top of the screen to get into Clock Settings. You can choose Analog or Digital clock faces there. You can also set up how you want Bedside Mode to function. I use Digital, but the clock stays on all night. I accept phone calls (elderly parents), but no other notifications.

What OS version are you on? I'm on 10.3.1.something, YMMV...

Hope this helps!

Later,
    Brian
    03-01-15 10:42 PM
    I'm still so lost with the bbosers and their bashing of "gestures". Can someone please help me define gestures? Swiping on a screen? How else does one use a touchscreen ? Isnt every mobile is a gesture based os? Didn't IOS invent the gesture based os? Isn't it still a gesture based os? I mean it only has one button.
    Lol! So basic, so full of common sense and so very well put! YES- all touch screen phones are GESTURE based. People, come on. Stop bashing BlackBerry 10 for the 'gestures' and wake up. Thank you Poster. Been saying this to BlackBerry OS7 users since 10 launched.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 06:30 AM
    Honestly I used os 7 so long (torches and 9900) and it was so easy to use but figured it was past time to move on bought a Classic and after a couple weeks find it better and easy to use give it a bit and read forums here and before long you will be giving advice .But apps are a different subject havent found to many I like except the weather apps .Good luck and welcome to 2015 .
    03-02-15 06:41 AM
    for what it's worth, the z10 might have been a better transition from the torch. it has bb10 os and has more supporting apps. for whatever reason, a number of apps available via bb app world are not compatible with the classic yet. in some instances, not all, there are creative workarounds. at the end of the day, the classic is pretty solid!
    03-02-15 06:43 AM
    Lol! So basic, so full of common sense and so very well put! YES- all touch screen phones are GESTURE based. People, come on. Stop bashing BlackBerry 10 for the 'gestures' and wake up. Thank you Poster. Been saying this to BlackBerry OS7 users since 10 launched.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you sir I'm using CB app on my nexus 7 to reply to this and I had to use a gesture to expose the reply with quote button. Stinking gestures!
    03-02-15 07:11 AM
    quicksearch would just be starting to type on the classic and the assistant will come up searching for you - unless you are wanting it to do something else. Landscape only worked on the Torch because it was meant to - the Classic is a square screen whats the point of lanscaping that??
    03-02-15 07:16 AM
    Great. welcome to now...I think
    03-02-15 07:17 AM
    OP, you will learn it. You have no choice, the masses have spoken and touch is their decision.
    03-02-15 07:45 AM
    Use blackberry world or Amazon to find your apps....do a search out here for Snap and how to install it.
    I'll save you the trouble:

Installing SNAP to access the entire Google Play catalog:
    blackberryempire.com/how-to-sideload-google-play-snap-android-apps-blackberry-10

Here is an important tidbit of information with the plugin: routers usually have DHCP enabled and assign IP addresses to the network. So, use the IP address that your router gave your phone on the network (192.168.1.XX or 10.0.0.XX where XX=#). This tutorial states to provide the cell network IP address given to the phone, which did not work for me.

As soon as I did that, access to my phone was simple and SNAP was a snap to install!

P.S. I did NOT install the Beta. I am using the stable version of SNAP
    03-02-15 05:03 PM
    For the record...even if it remotely sounded like it, I was in no way "bashing" BlackBerry or the OS10. Just because I couldn't get to the point of feeling comfortable with it, is in no way a smear on the OS at all. I was just not a big fan. I will say one thing about it...it is certainly unique, and does not copycat anyone, and for that BlackBerry deserves huge Kudos. I still have a huge warm spot in my heart for all things BlackBerry...and I feel a huge tug to come back, to at least take another shot at OS10 with the Classic...but my history of frustration keeps me from pulling the trigger.

Please do not take my personal history as an example of what you would experience though. There are many people who felt the same way I do (I read TONS of posts) when the Z10 first came out...and they obviously got comfortable in time, many so much so that they feel it's the best OS ever. You might feel the same way if you can wait out the learning curve.
    03-03-15 10:41 AM
    Thanks for all the responses - I am slowly learning the new OS. I am not "bashing" it but there is a big learning curve after using all the previous versions. Instead of Quick Search with Google I just set Google as a home page, and this made an icon on the desktop. Was able to download and install Poynt and the Nobex Radio Player. Still missing Pandora and Yelp. I went to the Amazon Android app store - all listings said that they were for the Android only. There didn't appear to be a way to download anything. The only option was to add to wish list. If I add to wish list and "buy" the free ones on my computer, and go back into Amazon Android app store on my BB can I then install?
    03-03-15 11:28 PM
    Started with the first BB that had phone service after the pager only.
    03-03-15 11:30 PM
    Searched for Snap on BB World and it came up with two camera apps?
    03-03-15 11:33 PM
    I'm on vers 10.3.1.841
    03-03-15 11:37 PM