I say it's time BB release a new iteration of the Playbook... with some stipulations. The following is a list of my proposals; feel free to shoot holes in it, I only ask that you be respectful.

Initial Target audience/customers:
    The Medical/Healthcare industry. BlackBerry needs a "soft" opening for a tablet release and the Medical industry offers them just that. The need for highly secure quality moble devices in the Healtcare sector is critical from both a legal (HIPAA) and standards viewpoint. After gaining traction here, BB can then branch out into the consumer market.

OS/Software:
    I propose a highly "customized" version of BlackBerry OS 10.3.0.xxxx. Why? Because this version of the their modern OS still contains a web browser that natively supports flash. Whereas 10.3.1 does NOT. Yes I know flash is falling out of use but it is FAR from dead and is still in demand. The "customized" portion I would like to see is to make the UI identical to BB OS 10.2.1.xxxx. Just about all current tablets have opted for the reserved, flat User Interfaces which is par for the course. The shiny UI from the older 10.2.1.xxxx will make BlackBerry's Tablet stand out from the crowd. So the PlayBook II will be running 10.3.0 but will look like 10.2.1 on the surface.

Hardware:
    The size of the original PlayBook was ideal, however I think the screen size could have been made larger without increasing the overall size and weight of the device. I propose an 8 inch display for the PlayBook II.

CPU: Snapdragon 620 processor - https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/620
    Memory: 3GB
    Storage: 64GB (no 16GB, 32GB versions EVER & no 128GB version for at least two years)
    Wi-Fi: 802.11ac + 802.11n
    Bluetooth: 4.x
    Resolution: 1080x1920
    Display: IPS/LCD Miracast™ support for up to 1080p wireless display
    Glass: Corning Gorilla Glass3
    Camera: 10mp-rear / 2mp-front
    3G/4G/LTE capability: None (use your cellphone Hotspot if needed)
    SIM card slot: None
    Micro SD slot: None
    Quick-Charge Support: YES!!

I think I may be missing a few things but that is what this thread is for. Let’s get this discussion started!
    Last edited by yawdman72; 02-28-15 at 07:11 PM. Reason: missing word
    02-28-15 07:06 PM
    As long as they don't call it a PlayBook... Call it...

PlayBook - The Next Generation-wallpaper-star-trek-next-generation-32404602-1920-1080.jpg

The BlackBerry Enterprise. A new flagship device, for a new era.

I disagree with a LOT of your specs though. They just scream "do not learn with past mistakes".

Also, on Flash: When will people understand Flash support for mobile is dead and BlackBerry will NOT keep on paying to use something that is no longer supported?
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-01-15 at 08:47 AM.
    MTL, BoloMKXXVIII, JWWDUKE and 2 others like this.
    02-28-15 07:15 PM
    I disagree with a LOT of your specs though. They just scream "do not learn with past mistakes".
    LOL. I love the pic!

Please, by all means list the specs you think would be appropriate for the new PlayBook (I mean Enterprise). Tha't what this thread is for. I'm far from bein an authority on the issue. I do believe that the Medical/Healthcare community is the the place for BB to start with a tablet though.
    03-01-15 03:43 PM
    Try out a Z30. If it was bigger it would be almost PB 10 now. If it was 7 to 8 inches with all the things as it is now, a bluetooth would work for calling. I use one anyway. The Z30 is almost big enough now but not quite.... I still prefer the PB for entertainment but the Z30 when I need to get things done. It is lightning fast.
    03-01-15 05:19 PM
    LOL. I love the pic!

Please, by all means list the specs you think would be appropriate for the new PlayBook (I mean Enterprise). Tha't what this thread is for. I'm far from bein an authority on the issue. I do believe that the Medical/Healthcare community is the the place for BB to start with a tablet though.
    Glad you do!

I don't go into detailed specs myself. I want it work fine (like BB10, no lag, no freezes, no hickups) for 4-6 OS updates (major releases - which usually demanad stronger hardware each time).

To be able to take 24 hours of abuse (as one of the health care field, you know that's a normal shift) and still hold 25% battery left. All that and still be LTE/5G compatible.

128GB internal storage (no options, we agree on this bit). 7.9' and 10' versions though. Z10/30 bezel though lol.

All connectivity (NFC, Miracast, BT, WiFi, etc) possible.

Full PIM apps, Lollipop runtime, preloaded Microsoft Office for Tablets as well as Docs2Go (and I mean an updated, WORKING, version of D2G...).

2560x1440 display. Whichever kind that spends the least battery. Of maybe 2560x2560? Freaking square so I can work spreadsheets like a GOD!!!! I envy those Passports so much!!!!

I'll edit later tomorrow, quite tired now to be "dreaming" a tablet.
    03-01-15 07:58 PM
    To be able to take 24 hours of abuse (as one of the health care field, you know that's a normal shift) and still hold 25% battery left. All that and still be LTE/5G compatible.

128GB internal storage (no options, we agree on this bit). 7.9' and 10' versions though. Z10/30 bezel though lol.

All connectivity (NFC, Miracast, BT, WiFi, etc) possible.
    Great list of features & great points!

I wasn't too keen on having LTE/5G capability or an additional 10" version strictly from a production cost standpoint. BlackBerry's wallet has limitations after all.

Besides that I think we are in agreement pretty much.
    03-02-15 06:36 PM
    I doubt they will make a new tablet anytime soon. And to be honest, I don't really care.

However, as a huge TNG fan, I ******* LOVE the name BlackBerry Enterprise.

And it will have phasers? And a warp core? And Deanna Troi? Lol

Via CB10, Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-02-15 06:42 PM
    If they make another tablet you can be sure it is focused on Enterprise with no consideration for the consumer market... so like the classic... many may find specs wanting,,,, really doubt you will see one... seeing how Ipad sales are tanking.,.. do not see BB taking the plunge.....
    03-02-15 06:50 PM
    03-03-15 05:30 PM
    Call it the BlackBerry Vulcan, its a logical name..
    03-03-15 05:38 PM
    If they make another tablet you can be sure it is focused on Enterprise with no consideration for the consumer market... so like the classic... many may find specs wanting,,,, really doubt you will see one... seeing how Ipad sales are tanking.,.. do not see BB taking the plunge.....
    I agree. That's why I mentioned a "soft" opening in the Medical industry.
    03-04-15 02:42 PM
    Call it the BlackBerry Vulcan, its a logical name..
    LOL!!!
    spike12 likes this.
    03-04-15 02:43 PM
    Well, I think it's safe to say that the next BB PlayBook is on hold:
    The SecuTABLET is a new, secure tablet from Secusmart, IBM and Samsung | CrackBerry.com

...indefinitely.
    03-15-15 09:04 PM
    $2380.00 Samsung tablet.

LOL.

Great job BlackBerry!

Doesn't even have your name on it.

Cost more than a new Mac desktop, lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:27 PM
    Problem is a lot in the medical industry are already using iPads and they're not going to give up the ecosystem.
    03-16-15 05:40 PM
    It doesn't have Blackberry's name on it because it isn't a Blackberry- it's a Samsung tab. It won't likely be marketed to consumer types but rather to corporate and government types to whom security is paramount and/or required, thus justifying the price.
    03-16-15 05:45 PM
    I already know that. I was being sarcastic.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 05:50 PM
    As long as they don't call it a PlayBook... Call it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wallpaper-star-trek-the-next-generation-32404602-1920-1080.jpg 
Views:	1001 
Size:	726.9 KB 
ID:	337780

Also, on Flash: When will people understand Flash support for mobile is dead and BlackBerry will NOT keep on paying to use something that is no longer supported?
    Desktop flash. The html5 livestreaming experience on BlackBerry 10.3.1 is FAR FAR inferior to flash. Just connect your playbook to your HDMI monitor or your Z30 running 10.2.1 to your HDMI monitor and compare it to z30 running 10.3.1 html5 or the android photon browser.
    The quality is pathetic in 10.3.1!
    We need desktop flash hdmi streaming quality, not the crappy streaming that we get now in 10.3.1 without the old flash player sideloaded.
    03-17-15 10:55 PM
    Desktop flash. The html5 livestreaming experience on BlackBerry 10.3.1 is FAR FAR inferior to flash. Just connect your playbook to your HDMI monitor or your Z30 running 10.2.1 to your HDMI monitor and compare it to z30 running 10.3.1 html5 or the android photon browser.
    The quality is pathetic in 10.3.1!
    We need desktop flash hdmi streaming quality, not the crappy streaming that we get now in 10.3.1 without the old flash player sideloaded.
    You want DESKTOP Flash on a MOBILE device and use MOBILE Flash as a metrics?

SO
    MUCH
    HATE.
    03-18-15 01:23 PM

SO
    MUCH
    HATE.
    Flash is one of the few things the PB has going for it.
    03-18-15 01:30 PM
    Flash is one of the few things the PB has going for it.
    And we all love the PlayBook for what it is. And since it's never going to get another update, we get to keep using Flash there.

BUT NO NEW DEVICE WILL EVER HAVE FLASH AGAIN.

Please drop this one issue guys.
    03-18-15 03:58 PM

SO
    MUCH
    HATE.
    I don't understand what you are trying to say and where the hate is coming from.
    Just compare flash in the 10.3.0 browser with the photon browser on the same website on the passport and you will see the difference.
    Other people pointed that out here, too.
    I use my Passport as my laptop. I want laptop resolution flash. Is that too much to ask for? I had it until 10.3.1 came along.
    03-18-15 10:28 PM
    You want Flash when support has been dropped. You want it on your phone while this is a dream-up tablet thread.

I'll be nice though and point you to a possible solution so you can stop hijacking: Missing Adobe Flash on 10.3.1? Here's the best way to get it back! | CrackBerry.com

That's it. Either that or android flash + android browser. Stop complaining, they won't bring Flash back. In any form.
    03-19-15 09:11 AM
    I just want BB10 and I'm not interested in a customised BB10. If BB thinks flat icons are the right focus for their phones you can be sure they will think the same for a tablet.

Chen doesn't want to do a tablet for a tablets sake. If he is going to do one he will want it innovated and that innovation will be themed towards enterprise. Prob. something with a load of speakers to do conference calls, high integration with BB phones and some sort of easy way to get the picture mirrored on other devices.

I think it would be cool if tablets/phones could act as a wireless media player like an appleTV built right into BB10. So anyone with a phone/tablet can hdmi to a tv and all blackberry devices in range could use that connection to project whatever they want like an appleTV does except the difference would be the tools would be around enterprise not watching movies.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 01:48 PM
    Problem is a lot in the medical industry are already using iPads and they're not going to give up the ecosystem.
    They will, as soon as they are hacked. It's not a matter of if either, but a matter of when. See: Anthem hack raises fears about medical data - LA Times
    Hospital network hacked, 4.5 million records stolen - Aug. 18, 2014
    end to end security is BB calling card.
    03-19-15 06:57 PM
30 12