My daughter's Z10 camera would not focus. So I purchased a replacement camera module on Ebay as was suggested. Even though it was listed as NEW they sent one that obviously was used. Seller responded to my inquiry with it is a factory second. The seller had 4500 reviews. Anyways that is not the problem.

I replaced the camera module, everything seemed to go ok, screws, ribbons etc. Reassembled the phone and nothing but red blinking light, there is a slight back light on the screen before it goes dark. No boot up logo.

Went through the disassembly - reassembly a few times, same thing.

Attached the phone to Link via USB - It sees the phones, files, photos etc , I can sync, back up whatever I need to do but the screen remains black.

The ribbons and connectors for the screen look fine, no breaks or damage that I can see.

Any ideas?
    02-28-15 04:32 PM
    The blinking red light signifies a fault code. I wish I could find the post that showed what each combination meant.

Now this is just a guess on my part but I would suspect the cable to the screen went bad. It might be to small for you to see without some sort of magnification but that's the only thing that makes sense with those symptoms. There's also a seller on ebay that sells the screen, digitizer and and mid case for about $11 shipped. You might want to check on that.

One more thing. Did you get the correct camera for your model phone. There are two different ones. One for the STL100-1 and one for the -2 -3 and -4's

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 05:40 PM
    I suspect Camera module, I had replaced my LCD, flax cable in not that delicate unless you stretched it.
    Try with your old camera module.
    02-28-15 06:29 PM