hi i downloaded the last update 2 days ago took about 2 hours
    since the update my z10 kept freezing so i did a security wipe then i updated the soware again via usb cable then i loaded my contact back on now i have tried most thing i know but it wont swith on the red led comes on for few min can some help before update it was working just fine

regards
    alan
    02-26-15 05:17 PM
    Well Alan, there are two camps in regards to a security wipe before using an auto loader. I think that one of the more respected individuals on this board is of the belief that a sec wipe is not necessary so I would have to go along with that.

I am to assume you've already tried one of the later autoloaders like 10.3.1.2243 already? If you have than i've nothing to suggest other than to pick a slightly different version and try it one more time. If you haven't then that's what I would do if it were mine and it shows no life of wanting to boot up else try restoring with a 10.2.1.xxxx variant possibly 3442?? If I recall correctly.

Posted via CB10
    alanstewart8 likes this.
    02-26-15 06:14 PM
    all i get is red led for about 60 seconds tried all the auto loaders but when it goes to run i plug phone in it lights the red led then it goes out can anu one help alan
    02-28-15 06:22 AM
    Alan, Does the device appear to function if you send a sms to it after it's been given enough time to go through all the boot processes? What I'm trying to get after is if the device has actually booted up to a black screen? If that's the case it's a known issue.

To me what you are seeing feels like the software install had gotten corrupted and that is why the red light stays on so long. Obviously the original update failed by the way it kept freezing up on you. I don't know enough about how certain flags are set and how to reset them after a corrupt install, so all I can say at this point is to use Blackberry link to restore the OS as opposed to restoring with an autoloader. Did you do any sort of backup recently that you might be able to restore from? If not, then all I've got is what I've just suggested. (search for KB34045 on the web on how to restore using link)

I've been trying to look into diagnostic logging but very apparent at this point, if it won't start you can't turn it on to send the logs off to Blackberry for some real help.

You might want to spend a wee bit doinking around this board and see if anyone else has came across the same issue you have.

Regards,
    02-28-15 07:48 AM