CNBC talking about the BlackBerry Classic going on sale tomorrow at Verizon and Melissa just said it's a weak attempt because Blackberrys do not have the camera or ability to capture or watch videos that a smartphone does. And people want smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:13 PM
    Yea back in the OS 4 days, lol. It's the BlackBerry taint man. They hear BlackBerry, and they think it's complete garbage.

I'm not sure if they used the more recent devices, especially the Classic, but they may change their tune once they try it again.

Posted from the future
    Carl Estes and 308hunter like this.
    02-25-15 02:15 PM
    Like... it's CNBC!!! and you expect what????
    02-25-15 02:21 PM
    Like... it's CNBC!!! and you expect what????
    Exactly
    02-25-15 02:25 PM
    It sounds like she did her research.
    02-25-15 02:31 PM
    Flat out lies. Reminds me of politics.
    slagman5 likes this.
    02-25-15 02:33 PM
    No wonder people have such bad information. There are morons like this on TV spewing stuff that's wrong and outdated by at least 4 years.
    02-25-15 02:36 PM
    Ignorance should be a punishable crime.
    02-25-15 02:38 PM
    I'm really tired of seeing those ignorant and dishonest people talking about BlackBerry.
    kfh227 likes this.
    02-25-15 02:50 PM
    Did Sarah Eisen make that remark? Sounds like something she would say.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-25-15 02:52 PM
    What, no twitter campaign to educate and shame her?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 02:53 PM
    It's not just BlackBerry that people speak about and have no clue. Cars, electronics, etc. all get misrepresented by mainstream idiots like cnbc. Anyone that chooses a product based on what a news outlet says is just as dumb as the person on the news.
    02-25-15 02:55 PM
    She could of just kept it real and said you may miss the one time shot with the camera focus on a blackberry. it's no secret the blackberry camera needs improvement
    02-25-15 03:10 PM
    What, no twitter campaign to educate and shame her?

Posted via CB10
    Gotta wait for the video to appear first lol.
    02-25-15 03:43 PM
    OP, Link Please
    02-25-15 03:51 PM
    Gotta wait for the video to appear first lol.
    Grabbing popcorn!

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    02-25-15 03:52 PM
    Wow, that remark is just nuts...
    02-25-15 03:55 PM
    OP, Link Please
    Was watching it live on my TV.

Honestly think Blackberry should nip this in the bud. Get a rep on that show, have them do a demonstration of their latest phones with that anchor. She's obviously misinformed or completely ignorant.

Posted via CB10
    MTBBguy and Skyforever like this.
    02-25-15 04:01 PM
    I quit watching CNBC years ago due to this type of reporting or even comments under the guise of financial reporting. Its irresponsible.
    WES51 and jupiter8 like this.
    02-25-15 04:05 PM
    we all do agree guys... the cameras on our devices are garbage! Mind you, most of us don't care about the camera, but it doesnt change the fact that BlackBerry put $0 in R&D when it comes to camera.
    Maybe the Passport is an exception, i dont know... but i think they def can improve there.. plus, this world is becoming more reliant on cameras... cash checks, take pics in field, etc...
    djtim and playfoot like this.
    02-25-15 04:06 PM
    CNBC talking about the BlackBerry Classic going on sale tomorrow at Verizon and Melissa just said it's a weak attempt because Blackberrys do not have the camera or ability to capture or watch videos that a smartphone does. And people want smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    LMAO! Yes, watching videos is what makes a smartphone... But the funny thing is, you CAN do all of those things with the Classic. How do these morons get screentime? It seems any ***** can be on tv now-a-days...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-25-15 04:09 PM
    Ignorance should be a punishable crime.
    It would be a VERY lonely world...

02-25-15 04:10 PM
    Honestly I didn't go out and drop 5 bones on a Classic to take cute pics. It's a business tool, and that's where BlackBerry should be focusing it's efforts. If you want a facebook toy, go buy an apple or android...

Posted from my Classic
    02-25-15 04:23 PM
    we all do agree guys... the cameras on our devices are garbage! Mind you, most of us don't care about the camera, but it doesnt change the fact that BlackBerry put $0 in R&D when it comes to camera.
    Maybe the Passport is an exception, i dont know... but i think they def can improve there.. plus, this world is becoming more reliant on cameras... cash checks, take pics in field, etc...
    Unless OP quoted it wrong, they said it didn't have the capability to do those things. Nothing was said about the quality not being as good as the others, but that it simply cannot take photos or shoot and watch videos.

02-25-15 04:26 PM
    Unless OP quoted it wrong, they said it didn't have the capability to do those things. Nothing was said about the quality not being as good as the others, but that it simply cannot take photos or shoot and watch videos.

It was so good I rewinded my PVR so I could get what she said verbatim. She ended her photo/video comments with the words "like a smartphone"

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 04:46 PM
76 123 ...