This thread is for everyone on day 2 that is starting to love this phone that wasn't before. Please post here if you didn't like the phone or weren't sure about it and now it is starting to grow on you or you just love it now.

THIS PHONE GROWS ON YOU!
    11-22-08 12:42 PM
    Yep that was me-now regretting knocking it. It is sooo good, just need updates-hurrrry up!
    11-22-08 01:28 PM
    agreed. I didn't think it would be perfect, but the more I use it the more I love it
    11-22-08 01:31 PM
    absoluty love it ! good phone excited for the new OS
    11-22-08 01:33 PM
    i love it and can't wait when it'll be even better!
    11-22-08 01:34 PM
    *hated* the phone at first but within a few hours and learning the little quirks and shortcuts it is becoming a very, very cool device.

its funny because the techies that I work with take it for a few minutes and the only thing they say is "I hate it!"...I just laugh.

You cannot possibly uncover what the Storm can do after holding it for less than 5 minutes. To them I say "Oh well"
    11-22-08 01:36 PM
    Wish I had mine, sigh.
    11-22-08 01:38 PM
    I love it way more today than yesterday. You have give it time. It really iis not perfect but it can and will be soon(hopefully.) Im always on here and learn as much as I can but dont post much. I never thought i would like a touch screen phone. I love the full keyboard from bb. But when I type on the storm it is slower but I feel like its an experience that is much more fullfilling than just typing on a keyboard. I also make less mistakes than I did typing faster on the keyboard of my curve. Just give it time. You will love it more and more. Thanks to everyone here that have been so helpful in my bb experience. I will never stray from bb.

Joe
    11-22-08 01:40 PM
    I stayed up last night weighing the Bold or the Storm. So today I played with the bold again at the AT&T store. Here's some pro/cons

- Storm has colored icons on the home screen - Bold only when highlighted
    - Easier to enter calendar entries on the Bold, date, time, etc
    - Storm has a better looking calendar view because of the bigger screen, especially in month view

Still trying to get accustomed to the touch keyboard. But I am starting to think the Storm is the best BB out there so far.......

I will make a decision by Monday.
    11-22-08 01:40 PM
    I bought this phone knowing 100% that I did not want an all touch screen device, but the capabilities of the phone were just so far superior to anything else available with verizon. That being said alllllll of yesterday I spent on my phone, drained the battery down twice and today I am really starting to like it more than I did yesterday, and I'm really not minding the touchscreen that much.
    11-22-08 01:43 PM
    I stayed up last night weighing the Bold or the Storm. So today I played with the bold again at the AT&T store. Here's some pro/cons

- Storm has a better looking calendar view because of the bigger screen, especially in month view

Still trying to get accustomed to the touch keyboard. But I am starting to think the Storm is the best BB out there so far.......

Also the bold has really tiny buttons, I used my friends last night and I can say for me personally I can type better on my Storm.
    11-22-08 05:24 PM
    loving it. All you haters need to give it a chance!
    11-22-08 05:28 PM
    I definetly fall into the category...I have been talking up this phone for months to the point my friends and wife were sick of hearing about it. Got it yesterday and I was like eeehhh. Today I'm learning more features and getting a little better with typing...so it's lookin alot more positive. I can't wait for updates though to make the system more polished. Now if only the battery didn't need charged almost twice a day I would be good...lol
    11-22-08 05:33 PM
    Day 2 I am lovin my storm even more just need to get some QT and really get it to be a great device...Day 3 I propose to my storm....hmmm what would you do for a free storm? LOL ha iphone f***'n sucks I threw my Treo to the ground and smashed into 1000 pieces when i left best buy last night...
    11-22-08 05:36 PM

i'm currently in the same boat as you!

my contract with verizon ends in 2 weeks and i'm trying to decide between the bold and the storm

i've used both phones and right now i'm liking the bold more because it's SO FAST and easy to use, and i could type really fast on it and also i love the trackball and the ease of navigating with, also i really like the fact that it has wi-fi

when i used the storm it was alright and i couldn't type as fast as on the bold and i couldn't navigate through everything as fast as the bold. the storm is a nice device but to me they are basically the same phone except that the storm has touchscreen and a 3.2mp camera and that it's with verizon, while the bold has wi-fi a really awesome keyboard and to me the bolds screen looked more crisp than the storms. how is att service? i've never had it and i have never had a problem with verizon.

so i just gotta use the 2 phones before i decide because my head is going crazy between which one i should get.

anyone here have both and have some opinions on both phones?
    11-22-08 05:56 PM
    even though i loved the phone right when i got it, the accelerometer bothered me a bit, but over the course of the day yesterday it got progressively better and works flawlessly now. I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    11-22-08 05:58 PM
    Hey all - Day 1 here - and First BB - had a Q9C before - never "hated" on the Storm - just have somer learning curve - especially with swiping, typing, and where did what I just install go? I'm liking so far - and it will only get better!
    11-22-08 06:01 PM
    I'm absolutetly warming up to it. I've gotten all my little issues worked out... I got my media loaded and everything set the way I want. I'm getting much faster on the keyboard, and I love the camera.
    11-22-08 06:04 PM
    Like any new phone, it takes time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 06:08 PM
    This is me for sure. Was dissapointed on Day 1. Coming from the Curve and after using the Storm for a few hours, felt like I really needed a trackball and keyboard to be happy. I boxed everything up and drove to the Verizon store to return it. Before getting out of the car I pulled it out of the box and after seeing that beautiful screen again and how nicely my emails looked, decided to give it another shot. I'm sure glad I did. I've been reading this site all day and learning some great tips/tricks! I have really come to appreciate the Storm and all it's capabilities and will probably end of keeping it.

On another note, I haven't received my BlackBerry pouch in the mail yet and am not liking what I'm hearing about it (breaks buttons). I will definitely need a pouch to protect my Storm when it's in my pocket and prefer the BB case w/sleep mode magnet.
    11-22-08 06:11 PM
    I went from being okay and diggin' it yesterday, to really enjoying and lovin' it today. The more I use it the better it gets. Finally getting it set up, getting all my music on it, learning the quickest way to use it...in all the only thing it needs is an update. Other than that, I am really please with the Storm. It really is a great phone. I can't get over the call quality, speaker phone, and this beautiful screen. Solid build too.
    11-22-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD