View Poll Results: are we ignorant to accept the reality

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes,.. we are..

2 13.33%
  • no.. berries are better

11 73.33%
  • both options are almost similar to me...

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    well brother, Are we BB fanboys are ignorant to the competetion? or what other phone mgr are offering? (only if u set aside bbm and physical keyboard). here is some points to consider. first i want to clear u, i am a bb fan still and apart from all this, i am still hoping to give a final shot on bb10 before calling a quit. the basic thing is. a smartphone should smart enough to be the part of your life style, and be there when u need it. here are few points to consider.
    not much of applications to look for(entertainment wise and business wise). forget skype... 9930 dont even have app to support VOIP and SIP.
    dont have folders view in mails, does not synchronise calenders on your outlook.
    dont have basic essential business tools(which can talk outside of bb ecosystem) like LYNC, sharepoint, VOIP, sykpe, teamviewer, active sync(outlook). dont have mobile screen sharing app(apart from 2 apps who are 40$ and lags way too much, no use in real life). if i need to give demo of a mobile app via bb screen sharing to my comp. it lags too much ans sucks.
    now entertainment and functional side:
    pathetic battery, 3g lasts nly 3 hours with moderate use. very few apps and games to look out for. GTALK doesnt support file sharing(outside bb gtalk), or voice(forget video all together). sign out so many times and generally show online when u are not. Almost NO GAMES, no fun apps, instagram, FLIPBOARD(to name a few), stic sports games. ZERO in information tools like stock apps etc.
    try to download or mae a quick run with 9930, apart from sayin 1.2 ghz, i normally see hourglass contantly(i have 9900. 9790 and 9930 for my team and myself). had to contantly reboot(way better than 9700/9780, but hey here we are comparing with 4s).
    being a blackberry fanboy i also brought playbook. people say its too good. now let me clear one more thing. i have wifi one.. what it is supose to do???? even after final update of 2.1, the signal losts regularly, browser crashes(now a bit less after 2.1). again no business tools all together. now u say its a software glitch. i mean its been 2 year old device now. games getting now for playbook, but the same thing is there as on 9930, if you talk about business suport, no team viewer.. etc... infact dont blame on app developers.. RIM is digging its grave for sure as THEY ONLY NOT OPEN API FOR CAMERA for their devices. and you say why SIP OR SKYPE, no LYNC. etc....
    So guys.. dont be ignorant... 4s is a pretty neat peice of device.... do exactly perfect what ever it does..... hope it gives u a clear idea what i wanna say here..
    anyways.. will be with bb10.. hope they get it perfectly right this time...
    Last edited by tabish4u; 09-02-12 at 04:22 PM.
    09-02-12 02:55 PM
    Nobody is ignorant here. We use our devices because we love what they do for us! I have stated before that I have the new iPad (yawn - boring).

Enjoy your 4s. We will enjoy ours just the way we like it!
    09-02-12 03:06 PM
    Nobody is ignorant here. We use our devices because we love what they do for us! I have stated before that I have the new iPad (yawn - boring).

Enjoy your 4s. We will enjoy ours just the way we like it!
    i never say i use only 4s....go through with the post.. i have 3 berries and a bb fanboy.. the reason i mentioned is.. dont be ignorant.... if something is not right then we must make RIM aware to the fact....
    09-02-12 03:09 PM
    My choice of BB is made on the basis of my needs and a device that manages those processes very well. No need in my life for games on a phone. No use for Skype on a handheld.

A very fine keyboard is necessary. Messaging is the primary use of the device. So long as BB satisfies my needs the devices will remain in my hands.

Life affords me the option of any device I choose. Today I choose the 9900 and am delighted as I have been with all my BBs over the years.

For iOS fans, more power to them. Whatever floats your boat.
    09-02-12 03:20 PM
    My choice of BB is made on the basis of my needs and a device that manages those processes very well. No need in my life for games on a phone. No use for Skype on a handheld.

A very fine keyboard is necessary. Messaging is the primary use of the device. So long as BB satisfies my needs the devices will remain in my hands.

Life affords me the option of any device I choose. Today I choose the 9900 and am delighted as I have been with all my BBs over the years.

Very well written!
    rick0415 likes this.
    09-02-12 03:22 PM

true.. very rightly said.... if u have messaging needs then its d best device out there... but better to forget other stuffs u do... mmm.. then y a smartphone????
    09-02-12 03:23 PM
    If, for me, my phone suits me best I will be ignorant because I'm the best person to say which is best for me.

Janerblue, here's a couple of " " to highlight your "us"
    janerblue likes this.
    09-02-12 03:23 PM
    you guys are rightly giving a expected answer...... kudos.... again making my headline of the post right....
    09-02-12 03:26 PM
    you guys are rightly giving a expected answer...... kudos.... again making my headline of the post right....
    I saw your same post on another thread. It is obvious you are excited about the 4s but give it a rest.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...37/index2.html
    Last edited by janerblue; 09-02-12 at 03:29 PM. Reason: add link
    Ben1232, bungaboy and BB_Bmore like this.
    09-02-12 03:28 PM
    If the Iphone 4s and BB Bold 9900 are the same or similarly priced on contract are we stupid for not opting for the Iphone. Binary answer please.

Yes or no ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-02-12 03:32 PM
    I saw your same post on another thread. It is obvious you are excited about the 4s but give it a rest.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...37/index2.html
    actually, was using all those stuff long back.. and knows all this from the very begening.. but from yesterday i am pissed coz of so much affection toward my berry...... i missed a important meeting...(LYNC dont work and i was on travel).

again as a bb fanboy, i dont carry 4s(gifted to my friend)... again, logged into playbook today to check something imp(again my bb has died coz of low battery).. screwed with wifi... felt so pathetic and bad that.. i will be everywhere to let kevin know.. how bad i felt.. still being a bb fanboy... its screwing my work... still being tagged as work phone...
    09-02-12 03:33 PM
    If the Iphone 4s and BB Bold 9900 are the same or similarly priced on contract are we stupid for not opting for the Iphone. Binary answer please.

Yes or no ?
    i think bold 9930/9900 was 249$ and iphone was 199..... on contract

yes or no?
    09-02-12 03:34 PM
    i think bold 9930/9900 was 249$ and iphone was 199..... on contract

yes or no?
    This is going no where fast. I'll watch just for a giggle.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-02-12 03:38 PM
    This is going no where fast. I'll watch just for a giggle.
    Me too!!!!
    09-02-12 03:40 PM
    With all due respect and to be quite honest I think the only person who is truly ignorant is you. After sifting through your post and weeding out all the double statements and so on I think bottom line is you chose the wrong BB phone. The 9930 has been reported by countless people to have a very poor battery life while my 9810 is very good with battery life. I can in fact go almost 18 hours of email, im'ing, a couple games, web browsing and around 300 - 400 text messages.

If I wanted a crap load of games I would switch to droid or iphone but I don't. My phone is not my gaming console, it is my phone. The three or four games I have on there is to merely pass the time in between my other stuff. Same goes for apps...I have somewhere around twenty apps on there which I use. Everything I wanted was in appworld and they work so bottom line the phone is exactly what I need.

Have you tried the forum for problems with your playbook? I was having the same issues even with 2.1 and a user said a security wipe plus reload would fix it. Wowsers...it did. I have no problems browsing, going to flash based sites and never had problems with my wifi. You are also wrong about the games, we have had games on the playbook since the first week it was out. I think I bought somewhere around twenty games and I currently own around eighty games/apps.

But the one thing that probably burns me most about the post is how you state the i4s does everything perfect. I hear gripes from my friends about almost the exact same thing you are saying about the 9930 except it has apps. So to each its own and like I tell them you go with the phone that fits you and as of right now the blackberry is far superior in every way for what I NEED it to do (and yes even with my "limited apps and games" it is still a smart phone).

Enjoy!
    09-02-12 03:41 PM
    again as expected hahaha good luck guys...
    09-02-12 03:42 PM
    oh and stop calling yourself a bb fanboy...that is about as annoying as anything else.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    09-02-12 03:44 PM
    This guy is a troll just trying to stir the pot. shame on him. This is a blackberry forum, we dont need any reassurance about our device choices. All of us had the option of choosing any other device, but we chose the blackberry. Its not as capable as the other operating systems, but that is the trade off that we all made for efficiency.

I am happy with the Blackberry 9930, and it is the best BB I have had so far. I have had the pearl, 8330, 9650, then a nexus s 4g, and now a 9930 and couldnt be happier.
    09-02-12 03:51 PM
    With all due respect and to be quite honest I think the only person who is truly ignorant is you. After sifting through your post and weeding out all the double statements and so on I think bottom line is you chose the wrong BB phone. The 9930 has been reported by countless people to have a very poor battery life while my 9810 is very good with battery life. I can in fact go almost 18 hours of email, im'ing, a couple games, web browsing and around 300 - 400 text messages.

If I wanted a crap load of games I would switch to droid or iphone but I don't. My phone is not my gaming console, it is my phone. The three or four games I have on there is to merely pass the time in between my other stuff. Same goes for apps...I have somewhere around twenty apps on there which I use. Everything I wanted was in appworld and they work so bottom line the phone is exactly what I need.

Have you tried the forum for problems with your playbook? I was having the same issues even with 2.1 and a user said a security wipe plus reload would fix it. Wowsers...it did. I have no problems browsing, going to flash based sites and never had problems with my wifi. You are also wrong about the games, we have had games on the playbook since the first week it was out. I think I bought somewhere around twenty games and I currently own around eighty games/apps.

But the one thing that probably burns me most about the post is how you state the i4s does everything perfect. I hear gripes from my friends about almost the exact same thing you are saying about the 9930 except it has apps. So to each its own and like I tell them you go with the phone that fits you and as of right now the blackberry is far superior in every way for what I NEED it to do (and yes even with my "limited apps and games" it is still a smart phone).

Enjoy!
    agreed on selecting the phone(9930/9900) , i have both btw... i opted coz of best querty keyboard.. i had an option for 9810. but i felt like 9900 keyboard is better.... and i think its d best out there right now......

now in terms of usability... yes a phone does everything according to your preferences... but again it lacks to play part in every thing in life... a COMPLETE package.... its ok you or me dont want to play games... but if someone does then??? he would buy a android or iphone right... where as others need 1 phone.. we need 2....

now here comes the work part... i gave u list of somethings... bb dont do all this.. and what ever he does.. do it awfully bad(screen sharing)...

agreed... i purchased 3 awsome games day before yesterday on pb... and they are simply awsome.. and i can say.. games are growing... with quality content.... but what abt other things m friend.... i wiped my pb and does everything it require to do..... i own a software company(Grape Unicom) go through... so i knw what it really takes to keep ur phone/tab to do good....

see if u delete the developer intrest.. then also rim needs to be serious abt the fundamentals of the product all together....
    09-02-12 03:51 PM
    This guy is a troll just trying to stir the pot. shame on him. This is a blackberry forum, we dont need any reassurance about our device choices. All of us had the option of choosing any other device, but we chose the blackberry. Its not as capable as the other operating systems, but that is the trade off that we all made for efficiency.

I am happy with the Blackberry 9930, and it is the best BB I have had so far. I have had the pearl, 8330, 9650, then a nexus s 4g, and now a 9930 and couldnt be happier.
    yes.. consider me troll and be ignorant always..... yes its d best bb out there.. but only best BB...
    what i want to say is... WHY ppl compare with other phone mfg...??? be possitive in life... i am with RIM coz, they never bend it to andoid and took the tough decision to be with their ecosystem. they never copied to be in competetion. their quality is awsome...

but when i see comparison.. it pisses me off.... tht why we are GETTING IGNORANT AND HURTING d company more than the competetors.. everyone paid for a product and can question it to IMPROVE...
    09-02-12 03:57 PM
    I feel offended by some of you feeling offended by OP... I thought people have freedom of speech here.

sent from my PB with tapatalk 2
    09-02-12 03:58 PM
    I feel offended by your feeling offended by OP... I thought people have freedom of speech here.

i am so sorry, if my words were a bit harsh.... i dont want to feel offended by anyone out here..... if i said anything which offended u.. m taking it back.... i just tried to share my perspective.....

yeah might be....... u r right... btw.. its really not done... i am hurt .. might be thats why...
    09-02-12 04:02 PM
    I feel offended by some of you feeling offended by OP... I thought people have freedom of speech here.

Its obviously rattled someones cage...21 posts in 25 mins.
    09-02-12 04:07 PM
    yes.. consider me troll and be ignorant always..... yes its d best bb out there.. but only best BB...
    what i want to say is... WHY ppl compare with other phone mfg...??? be possitive in life... i am with RIM coz, they never bend it to andoid and took the tough decision to be with their ecosystem. they never copied to be in competetion. their quality is awsome...

but when i see comparison.. it pisses me off.... tht why we are GETTING IGNORANT AND HURTING d company more than the competetors.. everyone paid for a product and can question it to IMPROVE...
    Calling you a troll was excessive and for that, I am sorry. But correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you who made this thread?

Did you not just type well brother, what i can tell you is, 4s is WAY WAY better than 9930 (only if u set aside bbm and physical keyboard).

I mean, that in itself you were well within your right to do, so I'm not knocking you there. I get that you want to challenge RIM to deliver the best product that it can, as do all of us. Many of us have used other devices, because we felt that we were being left behind in technology. With that being said, many of us have returned, as the original Blackberry OS that we all have known to be so efficient, has gotten the upgrades that its counterparts have.(Touch Screen, Better Browser, Just an all around smoother experience, which is really all(and I wont speak for everyone)I was wanting out of Blackberry.

I guess what im saying is that, why come in down the 9930. Do you go to Iphone forums and bash that device for not having a keyboard. We all understand the limitations of the device, and there are some compromises that we all had to come to terms with in some form or fashion when choosing this device. But understand that the lack of the physical keyboard and bbm(which is one of the most efficient ways to communicate across the world) are compromises that people have to deal with when choosing another device. I understand where you are coming from, but you dismiss two of the arguably most important features of the phone, and then proceed to talk about what it doesnt have to do well in your eyes compared to the other guys.
    Last edited by losino; 09-02-12 at 04:14 PM.
    09-02-12 04:12 PM
    Calling you a troll was excessive and for that, I am sorry. But correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not you who made this thread?

Did you not just type well brother, what i can tell you is, 4s is WAY WAY better than 9930 (only if u set aside bbm and physical keyboard).

I mean, that in itself you were well within your right to do, so I'm not knocking you there. I get that you want to challenge RIM to deliver the best product that it can, as do all of us. Many of us have used other devices, because we felt that we were being left behind in technology. With that being said, many of us have returned, as the original Blackberry OS that we all have known to be so efficient, has gotten the upgrades that its counterparts have.(Touch Screen, Better Browser, Just an all around smother experience, which is really all(and I wont speak for everyone)I was wanting out of Blackberry.

I guess what im saying is that, why come in down the 9930. Do you go to Iphone forums and bash that device for not having a keyboard. We all understand the limitations of the device, and there are some compromises that we all had to come to terms with in some form or fashion when choosing this device. But understand that the lack of the physical keyboard and bbm(which is one of the most efficient ways to communicate across the world) are compromises that people have to deal with when choosing another device. I understand where you are coming from, but you dismiss two of the arguably most important features of the phone, and then proceed to talk about what it doesnt have to do well in your eyes compared to the other guys.
    yes.... if u see my post start.. well before i was about to start this thread. i replied with the same content to a thread.. which says should i shift from 4s to bb.. and there was some ignorant replies.....
    i will edit it.. thanx for reminding me..... other thing is having a good keyboard is not all..
    09-02-12 04:16 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD