OMG i totally agree i got soo mad cause verizon added an icon that shows me how to make new folders...i was like WTF is this S***...i mean F*** it took up 3 bytes of memory i mean like WTF who the F*** are they to come in and intrude on my memory i mean S*** were talking about 3 BYTES!!!! so yes its the end of the world to me cause that 3 BYTES is gunna cause my berry to like **GOO CRAZYYY MAN!!** so i called Verizon and was like listen if you guys dont take that off my berry ima just come in there and F*** your day up so needless to say the CSR rep started crying telling me she didint know WTF i was talking about ( but i know she was lieing... its F*****G VZW conspiracy to take our memory away) anyways i went there almost got arrested... and in the process i accidently clicked on the icon it showed me how to create a folder... so you know what i did!! i fig since the icon likes folders so much i put that B**** in the folder it showed me how to create and hid that F***ER....talk about the irony... now shes sleeping with all the other hidden icons! That'll teach VZW to take 3 bytes away from me next time!
    So I just clicked on this thread to educate myself about bb spam blah blah blah. Little did I know that it would be so drama filled. This post just had me rollin!

Now to add my 2 cents, initially I'd be pretty annoyed about icons randomly appearing on my bb. Then if I couldn't find a solution and no one on CB has an answer, I'd dump it into a hidden folder until someone found a way to delete it. So, hope you guys find a solution.
    06-30-08 10:33 PM
    Please read revious messages, a fix is on the way.. JUMPING UP AND DOWN... it shouldn't have happened in the first place.
    06-30-08 11:26 PM
    well...I clicked on that icon and guess what happened? A worm-hole opened up and sucked my BB memory and I lost all my SMS and phone log information. I tried to do a battery pull and instead there was a tiny infantry soldier...trying to shoot me saying, "RESEND YOUR SERVICE BOOKS!"

Damn commies!
    06-30-08 11:48 PM
    Oh boy! Now Spamming cellphones for software or adverts?

Well, that is what happened to a number of people from the CDMA side for providers. It seems that RIM and BlackBerry pushing the 2.5 BIS browser upgrade also included a software within the upgrade called "trooper typing". Customers were confused, worried and upset that a provider would allow such action. So, customers called and complained that they had received a strange icon on their BlackBerry Pearl 8130's. Keep in mind that this device does not have much internal memory as it is and customers did not like being "Spammed or Pushed" slammed with software they never downloaded.

So, now the provision to have the Trooper Typing removed from the Service Book is in progress. Customers are requested to do a battery pull within 2-3 days and refresh their service book. If the icon remains on their home screen to wait another 2-3 days and repeat the process. If the customer still has the icon on their homepage after 14 days call your local provider and ask to speak to Data Support.

Where is a link to a press release or some official correspondence from Verizon?

Sorry but all we have is your word of some tech on the phone - if this is a breach of security like what you are implying that would be big news - and surely there would be an alert for the affected customers.

Sorry, I don't buy it until I see proof.

As far as flaming, fonbrkr? Dude, there is no flaming in this thread. Trust me, I am from years of the Duran Duran boards, where actual flaming and general insanity/hilarity/delusion are the norm, and this thread is your idea of flames? You wouldn't last 10 minutes in an actual flame war.
    07-01-08 01:47 PM
    This thread is ridiculous. I don't care if I can hide it. I know I can hide it, but I still know it's there. I don't need it, didn't ask for it, and don't want it. Verizon says they're working on getting rid of it. The end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 08:55 PM
    whats the problem all you have to do is delete that service book...
    07-01-08 09:12 PM
    whats the problem all you have to do is delete that service book...
    Deleting the service book is not a permanent fix.
    07-01-08 09:16 PM
    Sorry but all we have is your word of some tech on the phone - if this is a breach of security like what you are implying that would be big news - and surely there would be an alert for the affected customers.

Sorry, I don't buy it until I see proof..
    Well, there's your proof. Verizon has removed the icon due to overwhelming upset customers.

07-03-08 01:31 PM
    Well, there's your proof. Verizon has removed the icon due to overwhelming upset customers.

Again, where is this proof.

Look there's an ostrich having sex with a hippo! Right there! Don't you see it?

Where is the proof you reference in your post please? A link to a press release? Surely a breach of security like this would require some sort of release, or message to those affected.
    07-03-08 06:34 PM

Ya i think they did that cause i made that CSR cry when she told me she didnt know wtf i was talking about but i knew that wench was lieing to me....
    07-03-08 06:43 PM
    cause i made that CSR cry when she told me she didnt know wtf i was talking about but i knew that wench was lieing to me....
    Meanie! Meanie!n that's so wrong. But, in reality... I made the first call. So, put that in your peace pipe and smoke it. lmao

07-04-08 01:37 AM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD