Installed 10.2 (Official, verizon) and battery is draining too fast. Before installing 10.2, I recharge once a day. After installing 10.2, I have to recharge atleast 3times a day. I don't see any apps running in the background. Appreciate any suggestions.
    01-28-14 08:50 PM
    You should read the guide to installing leak. It mentions that such behavior is normal for the first couple of days as the new firmware does some adjustments or calibrations.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 08:58 PM
    It's indexing the entire OS. Until that is done it will definitely use more battery power.

If you go the app manager you can actually see this in the resource monitor. System will show a proportionately high percentage compared to other running services.

It should be better in a day or so.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 11:30 PM
    Also, I found as some others have mentioned if you put your phone in the airplane mode and then pull the battery for 30 minutes and then put it back in, it will stabilize it. Not sure if you have to do this every so often or once, but so far I only did mine once and the battery definitely calmed down drastically
    01-29-14 12:41 AM
    I hope its true. I m switching/charging batttery every 2 hours

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    01-29-14 02:21 AM
    just want to share
    for anyone having battery drain, I suggest to look at device monitor to see if system and pim services use high cpu all the time.
    in my case, system and pim services total use of cpu is around 80+ up to 100% all the time, this what caused the battery drain.
    - I try to reload OS with BB link but having problem
    - I try security wipe, but run for almost 3 hours without success, so I did battery pull. this caused OS error, my z10 failed to boot properly, end up with yellow triangle icon with error bb10-0015. BB link can detect the z10, but keep failing to complete the reload OS procedure
    - I download autoloader from this post: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/ , specifically this file: STL100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925 (download torrent) - TPB
    - the OS succesfully installed, after that, I did software update OTA, around 8mb

now I dont have problem with battery drain, system cpu usage <10% when idle, pim services use higher usage for a while, but after a while, it doesnt use cpu (idle).
    all working great now, significantly faster than 10.2.0
    hope you guys can find a solution too.

cheers
    01-30-14 02:25 AM
    Nothing you said makes sense. I don't walk around carrying extra AA batteries for my gadgets, so why should I carry an extra phone battery when my usage hasn't changed. Also, I can buy a package of AA batteries for a couple of bucks, compared to $40 for one phone battery.

The OP and subsequent posters have legitimate comments and complaints, and then there's your absolutely useless post.

Why don't you actually try to make a helpful comment instead of berating posters for posting legitimate questions and concerns.

Posted via CB10
    slickvguy and aljawaid like this.
    01-31-14 12:24 AM
    What is "stand by" and why is it using so much battery?

My battery is draining twice as fast on 10.2.1 than it was on 10.2. I have had it for 4 days. Enough time to "settle in".

Battery drain after installing 10.2-img_20140130_232342.png

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 01:37 AM

My battery is draining twice as fast on 10.2.1 than it was on 10.2. I have had it for 4 days. Enough time to "settle in".

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the interactive lock screen.
    Can you post screen shot of cpu tab?
    Does your phone become hot all the time?
    Have a lag when opening messages?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 03:30 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140130_232342.png 
Views:	2035 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	243622

Posted via CB10
    Same story with my Z10 and I'm on the official VZW 10.2.1. I've had the release since Tuesday and the phone battery is noticeably worse now than before the upgrade. Happy with 10.2.1 thus far, but any suggestions to fix the battery would be much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 05:37 AM
    No lag and not hot. Verizon also.

Battery drain after installing 10.2-img_20140131_085925.png

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 11:01 AM
    Maybe the interactive lock screen.
    Can you post screen shot of cpu tab?
    Does your phone become hot all the time?
    Have a lag when opening messages?

Posted via CB10
    I'm on that side of the table! Drained battery, a lot of lag in any messaging situation and battery is extremely hot.
    02-01-14 11:56 AM
    Nothing you said makes sense. I don't walk around carrying extra AA batteries for my gadgets, so why should I carry an extra phone battery when my usage hasn't changed. Also, I can buy a package of AA batteries for a couple of bucks, compared to $40 for one phone battery.

The OP and subsequent posters have legitimate comments and complaints, and then there's your absolutely useless post.

Why don't you actually try to make a helpful comment instead of berating posters for posting legitimate questions and concerns.

Posted via CB10
    No offense, but part of your comments actually don't make sense. A one time fee of $40.00 compared to countless $2.00 purchases? It's really the first option that's the better deal. Plus, you can get the Charger bundle for less than $40.00 now . Really makes for a better Z10 experience. I hear your arguments and yes, they ring true. Sometimes you just have to get around things in life. Note: I have not actually read this entire post....i just happened to get here from another thread. Sorry if I'm out of context.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-01-14 at 09:08 PM.
    02-01-14 08:19 PM
    You have to read the original post that I'm replying to.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:03 AM
    You have to read the original post that I'm replying to.

Posted via CB10
    Got it. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:11 AM
    My Bad!
    But, if you're counting... I've made about 700 more helpful comments than you to date!

and you can get a battery for your device for about $17 bucks!
    In another thread, you commented about how BlackBerry needs better battery. And in this thread you are shouting down another user complaining about battery life. I think mods need to investigate you for trolling.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Gotta agree with this. The Dudes right on. Keep the fan boy stuff out, and let's live in the real, functioning world.

Kobnyc
    02-02-14 07:40 AM
    Gotta agree with this. The Dudes right on. Keep the fan boy stuff out, and let's live in the real, functioning world.

Kobnyc
    No disputing the aforementioned battery issue, but there are solutions and a LOT of threads on this topic. Now, the fanboy comment...

...this is Crackberry. Quite a few people here will defend BlackBerry. Funny that. ;-)

Awesome BB Z10. Be social: 2B80D5C2
    02-02-14 08:03 AM
    It could be a coincidence, but I noticed that after I disabled most of the application notifications (including CB10) on my Z10 the battery performance has increased significantly.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:19 AM
    As mentioned elsewhere, biggest battery drain is the screen (you can't do an awful lot about that unless you keep the phone off).

You can control other draining features. I found the worst offenders to be:
    - 4G Connectivity
    - Android Apps (any of them)
    - Multiple "Pull" Email accounts
    - WIFI and Bluetooth if not in use

With email specifically, if you have several accounts that don't use Push Notifications or ActiveSync, then go into the hub and set a higher time threshold where it goes to check them (the default on mine was 15 minutes!).

You'll save a lot of battery alone with that, and if you stop it hunting for 4G signal in a low/no-coverage area, you save a great deal of battery too.

Thought this would have been common sense? ;-)

Awesome BB Z10. Be Social: 2B80D5C2
    Last edited by geekl33tgamer; 02-03-14 at 09:06 AM.
    02-03-14 07:30 AM