Note: not sure if this is the correct place for this thread. This is about a side loading app, but not for Android side loading (it doesn't have APK conversion, just for installing general BAR files). Please move this thread in case this is not the right place.

Many people have asked me to create an app similar to localbar2, to Install BAR files via Proxy (or to Install/send bar files to another bb10/PlayBook in the same wifi network).

So here is the app:

BarInstall

Tested on Dev Alpha C (10.1) and Z10 (10.2).

BarInstall Native App (Like Localbar for PlayBook)-localbar-menu-z10.jpg

This app is FREE. You don't need barinstall.com premium account to use it.

However, if you have barinstall.com premium account, you can use the extra features (uploading BAR files, Install via VPN without proxy, convert APK).

I was going to make two apps (one for LocalBar and one for BarInstall) but maintaining two apps takes more time and both shared quite a lot of code.

BarInstall Native App (Like Localbar for PlayBook)-barinstall-menu-z10-vpn.jpg

Currently, I don't have time to write a documentation or make a video for it, I am sure you guys can figure out how to use it

Thanks to all premium members of barinstall.com for the support of my work.
    tryfe, schmeat, BB12MX and 20 others like this.
    09-01-13 11:39 PM
    Wow great job bro, ,many thanks for you

Crackberry Abuser
    09-01-13 11:43 PM
    This looks awesome, gonna try it out!

Great job!

Posted via CB10
    09-01-13 11:53 PM
    Hey thanks for the great app, will make reloading OS much quicker once I get this figured out. I can't actually get it to work out hence my request for assistance. I must be missing a simple step.

I think I setup the app as it should but I keep getting errors when trying to load a bar from my SD Card. All images are included.

I DO NOT HAVE A PROXY ACCOUNT. Just want to stress that.....
    Attached Thumbnails BarInstall Native App (Like Localbar for PlayBook)-img_00000040.jpg   BarInstall Native App (Like Localbar for PlayBook)-img_00000041.jpg   BarInstall Native App (Like Localbar for PlayBook)-img_00000042.jpg   BarInstall Native App (Like Localbar for PlayBook)-img_00000044.jpg   BarInstall Native App (Like Localbar for PlayBook)-img_00000043.jpg  

abubadr and snejpa like this.
    09-02-13 07:14 AM
    Hey thanks for the great app, will make reloading OS much quicker once I get this figured out. I can't actually get it to work out hence my request for assistance. I must be missing a simple step.

I think I setup the app as it should but I keep getting errors when trying to load a bar from my SD Card. All images are included.

I DO NOT HAVE A PROXY ACCOUNT. Just want to stress that.....
    First: you either need *A proxy* or *A BarInstall premium account*.

For the theory of "why do we need a proxy", you can read this web page (this is for playbook, but the principle is the same):

localbar2

You can install a proxy server in your machine (any OS X, Windows, Linux), in your Android, in your Old BBOS device.
    abubadr likes this.
    09-02-13 09:05 AM
    First: you either need *A proxy* or *A BarInstall premium account*.

For the theory of "why do we need a proxy", you can read this web page (this is for playbook, but the principle is the same):

localbar2

You can install a proxy server in your machine (any OS X, Windows, Linux), in your Android, in your Old BBOS device.

Awesome, thank you sir. Time to play.
    09-02-13 09:10 AM
    Not sure if this possible or mentioned. Can you automate the the developer mode set up? If so that would make your app very appealing to common users who want to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 09:16 AM
    Not sure if this possible or mentioned. Can you automate the the developer mode set up? If so that would make your app very appealing to common users who want to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately this is not possible. Blackberry only gives an API that invoke a shortcut to the developer mode screen, but the user must enable it manually.
    09-02-13 10:06 AM
    Unfortunately this is not possible. Blackberry only gives an API that invoke a shortcut to the developer mode screen, but the user must enable it manually.
    Gotcha'.

Still this gives non savy users another way to sideload. Great work.

Posted via CB10
    crashog likes this.
    09-02-13 10:11 AM
    How do you open it after you download on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 10:25 AM
    I'm using my wife's 9900 as the proxy and I can't seem to install any .bar files. I've tried a handful of times and I remember this happening on my old BBOS device where the install would report back as complete when it said it was at 50% complete. The app is working but the install keeps bailing prematurely (well reports as complete when its not).
    09-02-13 11:54 AM
    How to install??????

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 12:28 PM
    great job,

one question to what port i need to rout the data back?

never mind got it!
    Last edited by gfr3; 09-02-13 at 12:57 PM.
    09-02-13 12:29 PM
    Nice!! You actually got time to do this very. Cool.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-02-13 01:02 PM
    Can I install a proxy server on to my PlayBook. Would be nice to finally use it since getting my z10

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 01:38 PM
    You can use localbar 2 on your PB to push to your z10

You need to Download the BAR from your PB though.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-02-13 02:34 PM
    Can anyone provide a good link on how to setup a proxy on Windows 7?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 07:06 PM
    Thank you!great job.
    09-02-13 08:13 PM
    How do you open it after you download on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    You either need to sideload it from PC, or buy a BarInstall premium membership to install it OTA.
    09-02-13 08:26 PM
    Nice!! You actually got time to do this very. Cool.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Yes, I finally I have the time to do it
    09-02-13 08:26 PM
    I'm using my wife's 9900 as the proxy and I can't seem to install any .bar files. I've tried a handful of times and I remember this happening on my old BBOS device where the install would report back as complete when it said it was at 50% complete. The app is working but the install keeps bailing prematurely (well reports as complete when its not).
    Actually, I haven't tested this with localbarproxy for BBOS, but I assume it will work since the protocol is still exactly the same.
    09-02-13 08:47 PM
    Thanks tinyhack, I'll try it. I've been using TinyController when I used BBOS and really love it. Do you have plan to make one for BB10?
    09-02-13 11:44 PM
    Appreciate all your hard work here. Looking to get the Q10 in the coming months and this is something I've been waiting for after having it on my PlayBook for so long!
    09-03-13 12:18 AM
    Ok can someone write a step by step tutorial for us who don't understand how to install this app on the BlackBerry 10 please

Posted via CB10
    BB12MX likes this.
    09-03-13 06:55 AM
    Ok can someone write a step by step tutorial for us who don't understand how to install this app on the BlackBerry 10 please

Posted via CB10
    It involves the souls of young adults and lots of pixie dust...

Seriously, the easiest way. If you have two devices (i.e. PB and BlackBerry 10) is to use this app to 'push' a bar file from one to the other without even using a proxy.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-03-13 07:32 AM
51 123