My browser was frozen and I searched the forum for help. I really didn't want to reset my phone.
    I found a couple useful tips and one actually worked for me. It was a huge relief for me.

Let it be known that I am not taking any credit for these solutions.

Solution 1:
    Many threads suggest that you simply type in www.google.com/?t
    in the address bar and this somehow solves the problem. That worked for many but not for me.

Solution 2:
    Change your home page to about:blank. (open browser, click on settings - via the 3 dots at bottom right of screen, open display and actions. Then in field type in about:blank)
    Go to privacy and security.
    Clear cookies and history.
    Turn off cookies
    Close browser
    Reopen browser and change the home page back to your preference.
    Clear cookies and history again
    Turn on cookies

Problem solved. Hope this helps guys. It sure beats the stress of having to factory reset the device.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.V786, JerBru, kimbonini and 7 others like this.
    06-17-13 01:30 PM
    I can confirm that the first method worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:13 PM
    none worked for me. since the browser was frozen, nothing happened when i press the overflow/3 dots so i could not clear cache and delete the cookies.

Ultimately, I reloaded the OS through the update OS on the blackberry website using internet explorer.
    06-17-13 02:19 PM
    Neither worked for me. I'm going to do a wipe and reload tomorrow.
    06-17-13 03:00 PM
    Try opening the browser from a link in CB10 or an email. This bypasses your homepage, which may be corrupt, to allow you to press the three dots and then follow solution #2. That's how I got mine to work.

Posted via CB10
    carlyincanada likes this.
    06-17-13 03:09 PM
    I was able to perform #2 but it didn't help.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 03:21 PM
    So now the browser is having issues? Shakes head
    06-17-13 03:42 PM
    It's been having issues since the beginning. At one point I lost all access to stored passwords loading. Somehow the files it reads from are getting corrupted.
    06-17-13 07:54 PM
    My browser was frozen and I searched the forum for help. I really didn't want to reset my phone.
    I found a couple useful tips and one actually worked for me. It was a huge relief for me.

Solution 1:
    Many threads suggest that you simply type in www.google.com/?t
    in the address bar and this somehow solves the problem. That worked for many but not for me.

Solution 2:
    Change your home page to about:blank. (open browser, click on settings - via the 3 dots at bottom right of screen, open display and actions. Then in field type in about:blank)
    Turn off cookies
    Close browser
    Turn on cookies

Problem solved. Hope this helps guys. It sure beats the stress of having to factory reset the device.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know how or why this worked. But it did. I changed my home page to apple.com in frustration of dealing with these stupid ongoing issues. Get it together BBRY!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 12:28 PM
    Method #2 worked like a charm!
    06-25-13 06:16 AM
    I found this in another thread. It worked for me but I'm not claiming credit for the solution.
    Solution to Frozen browser-img_00000351.png

Posted via CB10
    Rock077 likes this.
    06-25-13 06:29 AM
    Ty

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:15 PM
    Method 2 worked for me the 2nd time I tried it. Has to be followed exactly as instructions. First time I turned cookies on before clearing again lol

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 06:34 AM
    Thank you Marvini for the second method.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:48 PM
    What do you guys mean by frozen?

Posted via
    06-30-13 09:12 PM
    thaaankkk youuuu!!! i was freaking out as to why it didnt work... im glad i didnt have to call t-mobile!! the crackberry forums rock!!
    07-08-13 10:02 AM
    when I click the more button [...] it does nothing so cannot clear the cache, is there any file i can delete using a file browser?
    DanceHike likes this.
    07-08-13 10:06 AM
    The Reset Search Engine worked for me. I had my search engine set to Ixquick so it's not the engine. Maybe a cache issue related to search? Anyway bizarre bug.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 09:55 PM

Solution 1:
    Many threads suggest that you simply type in Google

Solution 2:
    Turn off cookies
    Close browser
    Turn on cookies

Posted via CB10

I can confirm that option #1 has worked for me.
    07-10-13 09:35 PM
    Neither option seems to work for me. When I open the Browser, I get a blank screen, and nothing works (no matter what I type or press):
    Solution to Frozen browser-img_00000031.png

I can get a descent web page when I get into the Browser via a link from somewhere, but can't do Option 2 either because the Browser freezes when I click on Display and Actions (the screen stays like this, no action):
    Solution to Frozen browser-img_00000030.png

Can't figure out what to do next. The best option may be to wait for the next OS update (currently on 10.1.0.2354)!

Posted via Z10
    07-11-13 11:39 AM
    Type in this address after clearing your history

www.google.com/?t

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 12:46 PM
    I have tried it (Method 1), but didn't work. I am now trying to use Method 2, but can't get into Display and Actions menu. All buttons/options stop working when I click on Display and Action.

Posted via Z10
    07-11-13 09:20 PM
    I have tried it (Method 1), but didn't work. I am now trying to use Method 2, but can't get into Display and Actions menu. All buttons/options stop working when I click on Display and Action.

Posted via Z10
    Do method 1 again, this time also disable and re enable cookies and then TYPE www.google.com /?t. Also the last time this happened to me it took 2-3 tries.

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    07-11-13 09:42 PM
    No luck, tried it several times. Everything seems to work, except when I click on Display and Actions. Then, everything freezes.

Posted via Z10
    07-12-13 06:12 AM
    I just did a Restore (App Data and Settings) from the last good backup I had from a month ago. I lost all the app and setting data changes I had done since that backup, but everything works now and the Browser is back to normal. Happy again!

Posted via Z10
    07-13-13 12:22 PM
44 12