hey there are new videos of the 9500 in use over at storm-reviews.co.uk
    check 'em out!

Video of the BlackBerry Storm Phone In Action | BlackBerry Storm Mobile Phone Reviews
    10-22-08 01:14 PM
    Hmmm in the web browsing vid, does anyone else notice the little gray circle that comes up in the center of the screen when he selects something? Is that like a loading or action icon or is that a screen thing?
    10-22-08 01:18 PM
    Hmmm in the web browsing vid, does anyone else notice the little gray circle that comes up in the center of the screen when he selects something? Is that like a loading or action icon or is that a screen thing?
    lol, you must have missed yesterday thread on this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...-issues-84734/

The problem seems even more evident in these new videos. Oh the horror!!!
    10-22-08 01:26 PM
    sweet...thanks
    10-22-08 01:26 PM
    i'm not really sure if it's the screen depression. look again at the video, it's always in the exact center, not necessarily near the location of your finger. it could be like an alert to let you know that you've pressed something/done an action. it appears in the same place each time he selects something. i don't think it's the screen depressing because it always appears in the middle, even if the finger presses far from the middle in the corner.
    10-22-08 01:27 PM
    Bah, youtube videos.

I can't watch those at work.
    10-22-08 01:28 PM
    lol, you must have missed yesterday thread on this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...-issues-84734/

The problem seems even more evident in these new videos. Oh the horror!!!
    Oh no, I caught every part of that thread . But I do not believe that's a discoloration issue, I think it may be some kind of alert, or notification.
    10-22-08 01:30 PM
    Negative. The button mechanism that is used for the click on the screen is centered so it pinches the screen in the center and on the very edge of the screen (depending on what you're pressing). Think of it like a center point in the middle of the screen that has the button/register system on it. That's what you're seeing press back up (well, resist) against the back of the screen and causing the LCD to milk like that.
    10-22-08 01:36 PM
    Yeah I followed and made a couple comments on that thread too. Definitely just looks like a notification at the center of the screen to me too.
    10-22-08 01:38 PM
    I think some kinda debate is coming up again so I just want to remind you guys what happened in the other thread and not to let it get there b4 the mods lock it.
    10-22-08 01:41 PM
    Holy smokes say it isn't so. I really hope this is just some weird anomoly that appears only in video. Yesterdays great thread and now this one has got me pretty worried about this device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 01:41 PM
    I know, it looks like that, but it's not. Press in on your LCD monitor in a very small point, it'll milk and look the same way. Also, you can see the screen is very sensative to this problem in that video. If you look closely you can see it hue/milk a little when he's scrolling up on the website before selecting stuff. Look close, it's a very faint hue change. I really hope they fix this before release. Please, let them catch this before release... please!
    10-22-08 01:42 PM
    yeah civic, that cross my mind too.. assuming the middle is the pivotal axis, a depression at any point could cause the screen to do that in the middle. however, that would be a pressure that is applied to the screen from behind, even if the screen were glass it would happen. so the screen could still be glass.
    10-22-08 01:42 PM
    But I don't get it. If it's that apparent, why hasn't anyone said anything about this who has had hands on testing?
    10-22-08 01:48 PM
    Wait a minute!!! ***grabbing my popcorn, settling down on the couch, and getting ready*** OK, go!!!
    10-22-08 01:49 PM
    Either way, that second video looked very cool. I like the smooth transitions of the media player. Very nice! A release date announcement for VZW should be imminent!
    10-22-08 01:50 PM
    Wait a minute!!! ***grabbing my popcorn, settling down on the couch, and getting ready*** OK, go!!!
    i hope that's kettle corn!!
    or extra butter. that's good too.
    10-22-08 01:51 PM
    Yeah I have looked at it again a few times. There's something wrong.

Thing is this is a hardware issue and I can't see anything being done this late in the game. I can't believe RIM let this go.

This sux.

10-22-08 01:52 PM
    For cryin' out loud.
    10-22-08 01:53 PM
    again...from using the emulator...there is a small clock looking thing that does the same thing the hour glass does on a PC.
    10-22-08 02:12 PM
    Haha.....this does sound like it's gonna go in the same direction as the other thread......who's gonna start it? I kid!!!

10-22-08 02:16 PM
    Hi guys, I'm a newbie waiting (like the rest of you) for the Storm.

I have a theory about the 'ripples' that appear in this video...

What if this guy is pressing the screen too hard? Perhaps the pressure required to 'click' the screen is actually not much, but novice users, not accustomed to clicking the screen end up pushing it too hard at first and causing the LCD panel to flex a little.

Perhaps, used as intended, there is no distortion, but if you prod the screen hard, you get some...?

[Withdraws quickly while slipping into flame-proof suit]
    10-22-08 02:25 PM
    Yeah I have looked at it again a few times. There's something wrong.

Thing is this is a hardware issue and I can't see anything being done this late in the game. I can't believe RIM let this go.

This sux.

lol

you're intent on taking this thread down too, arent you?

i think it is a pretty safe bet that you really have no proof if it is a hardware issue or a software issue, or if it is hardware, if software could 'fix' it.

relax and wait till you actually have your hands on the device. then you can bash it if you still want to
    10-22-08 02:31 PM
    This is my one post in this thread, and my last post until the phone comes because I'm sick of the pre-release complaining.

So far NO ONE that has reviewed the phone (ie. had it in their hands) has said anything about any discoloration that was bothering them. Every comment has come from watching videos of the device.
    Wait until you have the phone in your hands. Click the screen. If you see something happen that you dislike, THEN feel free to complain. Until then, please stop tearing the phone apart before you even use it.

As hard as it's going to be for me, I'm going to stop coming to the crackberry forums until I either own, or have at least tried, the device. I came here originally for information, but clearly that information has stopped coming. It's all turned into (currently) unwarranted negativity... just go buy your iPhones and be done with it.

Thank You.
    Goodnight.
    10-22-08 02:47 PM
    You know, monkeynuts had a good point...maybe people were pressing the screen a little too hard? I cannot wait until I can put my hands all over one of these! I wonder how sensitive the "surepress" is...I don't venture to guess, because I too do not want to get my @ss chewed...
    10-22-08 02:53 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD