Well my T-mobile z10 kept restarting then out of no where just died. I mean nothing. Did battery pull etc. needless to say I'm pretty upset. I work a lot and depend on this phone. I don't have time to go to the store although I guess I get to TRY and find some time to return it tomorrow.

My patience has grown thin. I loved the phone when it worked but don't know if I can take the chance of this happening again. I sold off my bold and have a torch that I just found my new SIM card does not fit in. Not sure if I will go back to bb after this. Gonna sleep on it but it might have been the last straw.
    04-01-13 06:44 PM
    My Z10 from AT&T has rebooted 3 times and it got very hot the other day for no reason. I thought it was going to explode. Other than that I like. Just hoping I don't have a bad one.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:48 PM
    Mine has also rebooted but I saw wifi might be the culprit, I shut it off and had no reboots I then turned it back on and it rebooted in less than 5 min. I don't know if this is the fix but it has worked so far for me

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:55 PM
    Hi all, just as an update on this issue: I made it through to a 2nd Tier Support Technician at BB today. He had me create a few log Reports on my Z10 and send them to him. I have my own case #, and now I just have to wait. I STRONGLY recommend everyone that's having this problem to do the same. Just call your carrier's own tech support first, tell them you need to be referred to a BlackBerry support technician (which is what the BB Support Rep told me to do on their Support Forum), and then explain your problem. The whole process took me an hour and 15 minutes...so make sure you have the time...

Oh and as an FYI, the reboot issue has nothing to do with BeWeather. I uninstalled that this morning and I've had 5 reboots in about 8 hours.
    Last edited by Itstakenovermylife; 04-01-13 at 07:20 PM.
    00stryder likes this.
    04-01-13 06:58 PM
    My Z10 from AT&T has rebooted 3 times and it got very hot the other day for no reason. I thought it was going to explode. Other than that I like. Just hoping I don't have a bad one.

Posted via CB10

I to noticed mine getting super hot.
    04-01-13 07:00 PM
    I'm on Verizon with no issues. Battery just drains fast. Patiently waiting for an update.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-01-13 07:01 PM
    Yeah. I took the battery out for ten minutes.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:03 PM
    I'm pretty sure that these random reboots have to do with the wireless radio. That's the only thing that it could be if random reboots are occurring after a security wipe.

Maybe it's getting hung up searching for wifi.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:07 PM
    I'm pretty sure that these random reboots have to do with the wireless radio. That's the only thing that it could be if random reboots are occurring after a security wipe.

Maybe it's getting hung up searching for wifi.

Posted via CB10
    This could very well be... I don't get reboots in my office, but at home I do. And my wireless signal at home is VERY weak.
    04-01-13 07:15 PM
    I got my Verizon z10 last Thursday and have not had one reboot. Battery life is as good as my 9930 was.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:28 PM
    Had mine since Thursday. Three random reboots doing different random things. All three reboots in different locations also. There is no rhyme or reason to the reboots. I was sending a text during one and opening the camera during another. Last one just happened when the phone was sitting on my desk at work. I'm just holding out for a software update because this doesn't seem hardware related. The fact that I can't find a common denominator for the reboots makes me think software issue.
    04-01-13 08:15 PM
    This may have just been a short-term fix, but I noticed it was rebooting significantly more often while connected to my home wifi-- about once an hour (it never rebooted while on the wifi at work for some reason). On the suggestion of another member, I deleted my home connection then reconnected. I haven't had any reboots since I reconnected, but it's only been a few hours so far.

Hopefully we'll get a fix for this soon...
    04-01-13 09:55 PM
    Morning folks! The Tues morning update is I spoke again this morning with my Tier 2 tech support rep, and as of this morning BB still does not have this issue highlighted, or listed internally, as a "hot" or urgent issue. In fact, I told my rep to just do a search for "Z10 Reboot" on Twitter, and he'll see how much of an epidemic this is.

So again, I encourage everyone that's running into this problem to call their carriers, ask to be elevated to a BB Tech Support rep, and report your problem. It's the only way we're going to give this issue any legs so it garners some attention by the good folks at BB.
    04-02-13 07:01 AM
    Verizon Z10 here. Mine personally has never rebooted. Hopefully you figure it out.
    04-02-13 07:11 AM
    Verizon Z10 here. Mine personally has never rebooted. Hopefully you figure it out.
    Wanna swap?
    blackout626 and 00stryder like this.
    04-02-13 07:15 AM
    I got my Verizon z10 last Thursday and have not had one reboot. Battery life is as good as my 9930 was.

Posted via CB10
    That your aware of. Mine rebooted as I was playing X box. Didn't even realize it till I saw Verizon screen. Only once so far though

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-03-13 01:51 PM
    Mine is very stable. I just noticed that my active frames were all closed when I take it off the charger in the morning
    The fact that your active frames were closed in the morning is actually a pretty good indication that the device restarted while you were sleeping. I have noticed a particular problem with the random reboots while on the charger, and it seems I have seen other evidence here to corroborate that.

To check to see if it restarted while you weren't looking, go into Settings / About / Hardware, scroll to the bottom and note the Boot Time. That's the last time it restarted.

BTW, my battery was draining VERY fast. I changed the Mobile Network setting from "Global" to "LTE/CDMA" and the battery is lasting MUCH longer now.
    That could be a useful tip. I did the same thing shortly after I got the device because I generally like to turn off any functionality I'm not currently using.

Makes me wonder if sprint knew something we didn't
    The STL100-4 actually took quite a bit longer to go through FCC testing than the STL100-3 that AT&T/T-Mobile are using. Not sure precisely why that was, though I'd imagine the fact that it supports both IS-95 and 3GPP as well as LTE may have been a factor.

This may have just been a short-term fix, but I noticed it was rebooting significantly more often while connected to my home wifi-- about once an hour (it never rebooted while on the wifi at work for some reason).

Whereas it seems that mine has been more stable when linked consistently with WiFi here, rather than LTE for data.

The frustrating thing is that there is no obvious common usage factors that I've seen thus far, other than in some cases side-loaded apps, and perhaps a slightly higher incidence while on the charger.
    04-03-13 02:57 PM
    Just an update: so on the day I originally posted this thread, I called tech support about the issue and they sent me to a Verizon store to exchange for a new one. It's been about 3 days now and the although the reboots still occur on the new device it is only about once a day. So to compare:

Old Verizon Z10:
    - Reboots at least 6-8 times/day that I notice (often when I'm using it for something)
    - Had wiped and reinstalled OS
    - only had CB app installed (on top of the stock apps) after the wipe (no sideloaded apps, no weather apps, etc)
    - was still rebooting at least 6-8 times daily

New Verizon Z10
    - have about 20 apps installed (on top of the stock apps)
    - reboots maybe once a day that I notice

* Also bought my gf one two days ago and she's had zero reboots.

I still don't know what the issue was on the first phone but I'm thinking a one or two reboots a day is acceptable. 8+ is not.

Also, thanks for everyone who replied to this thread. It really helped put my situation in perspective.
    04-04-13 06:24 PM
    I don't know why, but when I got my phone, it did have a few issues with rebooting. But, as I have been using it more, the reboots have become less frequent. It's been about a week since the last time it restarted on its own. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Posted via CB10
    ummie4 likes this.
    04-04-13 06:28 PM
    I've now had 3 random restarts in the last 24 hours.

2 of those occurred while charging.

One of the ones that occurred while charging happened about 5 or 10 minutes after charging started.
    04-04-13 09:02 PM
    LOTS of posts on this topic already. It's definitely near epidemic proportions
    Now you're just spreading rumors. A few folks on Crackberry doesn't equate to an epidemic.

You'll also see on other posts that this is not exclusive to VZ Z10's. It's occurring overseas, as well.
    I've seen few posts where this is either widespread or repetitive. A few folks have reported it from what I've seen, but hardly in the numbers you are alluding to.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:12 PM
    Now you're just spreading rumors. A few folks on Crackberry doesn't equate to an epidemic.

I've seen few posts where this is either widespread or repetitive. A few folks have reported it from what I've seen, but hardly in the numbers you are alluding to.

Posted via CB10
    Search Getting to the bottom of the random rebooting issue! In the z 10 forum. 12 pages regarding this issue
    04-04-13 09:51 PM
    Search Getting to the bottom of the random rebooting issue! In the z 10 forum. 12 pages regarding this issue
    I'm not saying it isn't happening. I'm saying that calling it an epidemic is inflammatory and inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 08:06 AM
    So I have a Verizon Z10 as well and have had 4 reboots, that I k now of, in the week of owning it. All of them have occured while charging on the charger supplied with the phone. The last two occured closer together than the last ones, one last night about an hour after going on the charger and one this morning after I first looked at it while still on the charger. Other than those I have not had any reboots during use, hopefully I didn't just jinx myself.

The other interesting thing I noticed is that with my phone I was getting worse battery life on wifi, both at home and at work, than I have been getting the last two days solely on cellular. Either way my Z10 only last about a day with low to moderate use. I don't know if the wifi drivers are being an issue here but having wifi off hasn't stopped my reboots. I am thinking of trying a security wipe with OS reload this weekend to see if this helps anything but a new OS update can't come fast enough.
    04-05-13 09:47 AM
    Mine rebooted again just 5 min ago while sitting on my counter with nothing running.

I am "down" to one random reboot per day. Never have I had a random reboot day. BTW - I got my Z10 on March 28th.

Posted via CB10 on my Oreo Z10
    04-05-13 09:54 AM
86 1234