Is there a way to enable BlackBerry Balance without having an enterprise account? Or whatever you need to activate it.

Posted via CB10
    chwl likes this.
    03-04-13 09:13 PM
    BES only at the moment. Really hope that somehow changes at some point
    03-04-13 09:15 PM
    Nope. You need to be able to register a "work account" (it's an advanced options under email). If your employer is running BES10 they can supply you with an activation password to add a Work partition to your personal phone.
    03-04-13 09:17 PM
    To add, sync'ing directly via Active Sync does not enable Balance - You need BES!
    03-12-13 06:45 AM
    This may be a silly question, but what parts of Balance does BES handle? Is it just the curated app store or is there more being handled server side?
    03-24-13 02:14 PM
    This may be a silly question, but what parts of Balance does BES handle? Is it just the curated app store or is there more being handled server side?
    The purpose of Balance is to reduce data leakage in a company. This why you can't access your work data on your personal side, and as well allow BES admins to easly remove all data from BYOD phones without blowing away the users personal data. Currently as it stands BES10 and Balance are in their infant stage so its very limiting.
    Gigia likes this.
    03-29-13 02:41 PM
    Is there a way to enable BlackBerry Balance without having an enterprise account? Or whatever you need to activate it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I really want to know how to enable BlackBerry Balance without enterprise account, please admin or dev tell us how

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:36 PM
    Yes, I really want to know how to enable BlackBerry Balance without enterprise account, please admin or dev tell us how

Posted via CB10
    Read the rest of the thread. The answer is in the replies!
    04-22-13 05:01 PM
    Nope. You need to be able to register a "work account" (it's an advanced options under email). If your employer is running BES10 they can supply you with an activation password to add a Work partition to your personal phone.
    I currently have the iPhone and considering going back
    to BB. I currently have my work e-mail and calendar
    on my phone.
    Can my IT dept still add my work e-mail
    and calendar even though we are not running
    BES10?
    06-17-13 05:33 PM
    Can my IT dept still add my work e-mail
    and calendar even though we are not running
    BES10?
    This should be another thread, but yes, just add your work email as an ActiveSync email profile and your mail, contacts and calendar will sync up with your phone. You won't get the advanced security features you get with BES (such as Balance) but will still get your email, calendar and contacts.
    06-17-13 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Adrian, just to be clear, you cannot enable BlackBerry Balance without an enterprise account. Your BlackBerry must be on BES.

If you own your BlackBerry and really want to experience BlackBerry Balance, you can sign up for BES through Rackspace or a similar hosted exchange provider (that's what I do).

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    bombastic likes this.
    06-17-13 09:49 PM
    That's perfect. I will do just that, and then get my e-mail account setup at work.
    The consept to keep work and personal information seperate is very resourceful.
    06-17-13 10:13 PM
    Adrian, just to be clear, you cannot enable BlackBerry Balance without an enterprise account. Your BlackBerry must be on BES.

If you own your BlackBerry and really want to experience BlackBerry Balance, you can sign up for BES through Rackspace or a similar hosted exchange provider (that's what I do).

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    How does one do that? Rack space what it is that?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 07:26 PM
    Rackspace doesn't seem to be compatible with bes10 yet...

BlackBerry Enterprise Server BES 10 Support

but they are... I dont know them, anyone can tell me a review?
    godkind likes this.
    07-09-13 03:01 PM
    A simple to-the-point provider based in Vancouver. They host my single mailbox on a Z10. And I was on their BES5 with my old Bold.

Though they did tell me that BES10 runs on Activesync in the background anyways???

My biggest problem is still not having level-1 messaging alerts. I may dump this device if there is no update for this...
    07-10-13 02:29 AM
    OK apparently they have a new firmware update that addresses the profile issue. Yay.
    07-17-13 08:47 PM
    Sorry to hijack this thread but is it up to the BES admin to determine the work partition size or does it simply split it in half?

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 08:58 PM
    I don't think it necessarily splits it in half. It just allocates different areas for personal and work space. No more needing to wipe the device like those old BB OS 6 and 7 devices. That was a PITA.
    09-07-13 03:49 AM
    Balance is also in BBOS 7, just integrated in to the same UI rather than split like in BB10, so you didn't have to wipe the whole device to remove work data on that OS.

Personally I preferred the way Balance was almost invisible and seamless from the user's point of view in BBOS and PlayBook OS rather than having to manually switch between to UI profiles all the time. With BB10 most of my users forget how to switch to Work so never bother.

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    09-16-13 09:04 PM
    Balance is also in BBOS 7, just integrated in to the same UI rather than split like in BB10, so you didn't have to wipe the whole device to remove work data on that OS.

Personally I preferred the way Balance was almost invisible and seamless from the user's point of view in BBOS and PlayBook OS rather than having to manually switch between to UI profiles all the time. With BB10 most of my users forget how to switch to Work so never bother.

Posted via CB10
    Balance in BB10 is more robust, and I like the ability to set enterprise wallpaper etc. It gives the look and feel of my enterprise PCs with the same login banner etc. I would prefer a toggle on the bottom (near the soft phone key) rather than swiping down, but I do like the differentiation.
    09-17-13 12:16 PM
    Balance in BB10 is more robust, and I like the ability to set enterprise wallpaper etc. It gives the look and feel of my enterprise PCs with the same login banner etc. I would prefer a toggle on the bottom (near the soft phone key) rather than swiping down, but I do like the differentiation.
    Being able to access the tabs by swiping down the screen on the Active Frames screen would help. I've seen my users remember that you have to pull your finger down the screen but they can't remember where you do it, it's too hidden away.

Posted via CB10
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    09-17-13 12:48 PM
    Thanks! So without BES, cannot activate Balance.
    10-26-13 12:07 AM
    So BlackBerry Balance not for BlackBerry 10 it is for BlackBerry 10 ( BES only ). Suppose BlackBerry can't advertise Balance for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 05:28 AM
    Thanks! So without BES, cannot activate Balance.
    Correct!
    01-31-14 10:10 AM
    And what about mobile@iron (nitrodesk). Will it work then?
    07-01-14 09:47 AM
28 12