10-01-12 11:08 AM
    Must mean 2 weeks to a month before the 9850 gets this one.
    10-01-12 11:43 AM
    The audio bug is still there. Hybrid does not work well with older OS without the problem. Will brick your device. Very stable otherwise.
    10-01-12 01:11 PM
    Already rocking this version - 2 wks now.

No real gripes... BUT expect another version (or 2)..
    10-01-12 01:58 PM
    How's the battery life here? Tired of .569
    10-01-12 02:43 PM
    9850 version please!
    10-01-12 03:34 PM
    i had the last official and it was laggy! but 1 hour with this new os update and it looks smoth, still looking for stuff ill post it in a couple days
    10-01-12 03:43 PM
    How's the battery life here? Tired of .569

I'm using the leaked version since its out and battery is better. 569 drains fast and hot. 714 also snapier, reset it once a week and almost no lag or spinning clock even the memory was at 12MB when i reset it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    10-01-12 08:15 PM
    is there any difference between this version and the leaked version?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    10-02-12 04:28 AM
    Must mean 2 weeks to a month before the 9850 gets this one.
    I've noticed it's usually longer most times! Well look at it this way......I'm willing to bet you're a BB10 early adapter and come 1st QTR 2013 your 9850 will be for sale!
    10-02-12 09:08 AM
    .714 battery life is decent, I can get through the day comfortable on 3G. The memory leak however is just as bad as any other 7.1 I've tried.
    10-02-12 09:10 AM
    I've noticed it's usually longer most times! Well look at it this way......I'm willing to bet you're a BB10 early adapter and come 1st QTR 2013 your 9850 will be for sale!
    I wish. Will have to wait until my upgrade.
    10-02-12 09:20 AM
    I wish. Will have to wait until my upgrade.
    OUCH! When is your contract up?
    10-02-12 09:39 AM
    Not sure with the newer plan. Either May next year 18 months or November 2 yrs.
    10-02-12 09:42 AM
    This same with Official OS .714 from Telecom Serbia?

Thanks
    10-03-12 10:48 AM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    10-03-12 11:04 AM
    is there any difference between this version and the leaked version?
    This same with Official OS .714 from Telecom Serbia?
    There's no difference between this and any other 9860 OS version 714, whether leaked or "released" by a different carrier.

All OS's are made by RIM. When a carrier releases an OS, that really means they've endorsed it.

Only difference you may find is various carriers releasing different language packs.
    leoshen likes this.
    10-03-12 11:10 AM
    Have you all noticed this official OS .714 has sfi file 66mb while leaked OS some time back had sfi file of 71mb? I have ready many of us have clarified that there is no difference bet leaked OS and official as long as package number is same. Even, I recall for .523 official OS there were 72mb and 66mb sfi files and were released by two different operators.
    10-05-12 11:09 AM
    I have installed OS .714 and so far I like it!
    10-05-12 01:59 PM
    i have intstalled it. Very smooth, save the battery. Liked it.
    10-07-12 10:51 PM
    Well i have been updating my BB for a long time now and for some reason i cant get it to update DM or Loader does not bring up the update and yes i used the vendor remover program and also tried uninstall and reinstall nothing is working i tried a different computer and still no go. Not sure why this is happening as i have did many os updates in pass with no problems.

I followed these step in here just to see if i was doing something wrong. If anyone could give me any info on what may be going wrong would be great help.

Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    10-13-12 11:56 PM
    does this have the device analyzer ?
    11-01-12 11:45 AM
    They all have analyzer except us, touchscreen users can't unlock it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    11-01-12 01:30 PM
    When you go into options and then show keyboard hold down123 and type ??5* and it should engage it
    11-01-12 07:37 PM
    Thanks bro!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    11-01-12 09:29 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD