I was helping out a member on this thread, and decided to contact Photobucket support along the way. The OP's model wasn't listed as supported via App World. The emails that followed my contact started discouraging, and transpired to perplexing.

Me - Have a CrackBerry member using a 9320. I assume it's just an App World maintenance issue keeping him from downloading your app, since the phone model is new, hence the "unsupported" response. Can you change that status, or provide an OTA download link I can pass along?

Support - Hello,
    I would like to apologize tremendously for the issue that you are receiving. Is the error that you are receiving called "unsupported"? Could you reply with more information for me to troubleshoot this issue? What steps are you taking that lead up to the issue?
    The more information I have, the better I can help you resolve this issue!

Me - Here's everything I know, LoL

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eshack-741015/

Resolved for now, but.....

Support - So I was just informed that Photobucket is phasing out Blackberry that is why you are unable to download the application. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Me - Say what?!? Why would they do that, when the app as it stands works perfectly on every device I know?

Support - The current operating system that Blackeberry has is unfortunately not compatible with Photobucket. So its creating problems like what we have going on now.

Me - This conversation doesn't compute. App World didn't let the guy download photobucket, but I supplied the files, and it worked.

Me, I'm as current as you can get. 9930/7.1.0.649 (B1886), and use the app almost daily.

Support - Good morning,
    The files that you supplied should have worked for the other user because they are direct files to a album or pictures. The the reason that App World didn't allow the app to be downloaded, is because there are issue with their operating systems and our system jelling together.

Me - I'm mystified, and asked him to confirm any issues with the app. I know first hand it works on 99x0 & 9810, with any OS released or leaked. Which devices have your testing produced errors on?

Support - I apologize but there is nothing else that I can say. The operating functions for the blackberry are not current and is not compatible with Photobucket at this time.

Me - Appreciate the apology, but I'm still extremely confused with your conclusions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post7581502

Since you don't seem to actually be looking at the posts I'm linking, let me be clear. The app, yes, the app is working flawlessly on at least 4 of the latest BlackBerry models.

I can't begin to describe my disappointment, as a long time user and supporter of the photobucket app, that you would discontinue support, when it obviously works.

If there is anything I can do, or communicate with, to assist in reversing this decision, please let me know.

Support - [crickets]
    If you read the thread, you'll see the OP confirmed my email exchange results via twitter.

I've contacted a couple "heads of state", and asked for their assistance encouraging Photobucket to continue support. If all of you could either email support [email protected], or via twitter, telling them what model, whether the app works properly on it, and urging them to continue supporting it, maybe we can change their minds.

Thanks!
    08-27-12 08:31 AM
    typical blame game.. much like this thread...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/t-cingu...issues-742167/

SMS isn't working so obviously its a rim server issue.. anyways.. i'll be writing a few emails.
    08-27-12 08:38 AM
    Also, BBW, would you mind putting up a template for the lazy people? it might help get more emails in.
    BigBadWulf and bungaboy like this.
    08-27-12 08:40 AM
    I'll tweet and mail them now.
    08-27-12 08:43 AM
    My mail message -

Hello,

I'd like if you could to not stop developing Photobucket for the BlackBerry.

The reason is it runs perfectly on my 9320 and other BlackBerrys.

Currently Photobucket is not available for the 9320 however a friend mailed to me the files and I have installed it an ran the software perfectly (even getting the link from the upload).

Please do not stop developing Photobucket for the BlackBerry.

Thanks

Villordsutch
    RJB55, bungaboy and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-27-12 08:48 AM
    My Tweet -

@photobucket Please pass to those in charge. The Photobucket app works perfectly on the BlackBerry 9320 (os7) please continue to develop it
    08-27-12 08:51 AM
    Photobucket,

I'm using a BlackBerry *insert model # here*, OS version *insert application version here*, and find your application works flawlessly on my phone. I would encourage you to continue supporting your mobile app for BlackBerry, as I use it regularly, and would miss it terribly were it to be removed.

Sincerely,
    *your name here*
    bungaboy and RJB55 like this.
    08-27-12 08:57 AM
    How do I locate the Photobucket version?
    08-27-12 09:05 AM
    Most App developers have ceased developing on BB7, which should be totally expected. Unfortunately that seems to be getting translated by the media (and in this case a support boffin) into ceasing development on Blackberry.

I'm sure the App Devs are investing in were the money and the future is......BB10.

I'm expecting we'll see a steady stream of end-of-life products as the BB10 announcement date approaches.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-27-12 09:08 AM
    How do I locate the Photobucket version?
    OS version silly man. Type myver and hit the spacebar.

Photobucket app version is 2.2.
    08-27-12 09:16 AM
    Most App developers have ceased developing on BB7, which should be totally expected. Unfortunately that seems to be getting translated by the media (and in this case a support boffin) into ceasing development on Blackberry.

I'm sure the App Devs are investing in were the money and the future is......BB10.

I'm expecting we'll see a steady stream of end-of-life products as the BB10 announcement date approaches.
    End of development I could understand. Heck, the app was last updated prior to any OS7 phones being released. They made the app available through App World for the first few, but have since ended adding models which are supported.

They're talking about ending support all together, and that's different. They shut it down from their side, and you'll have a useless app installed on your phone.
    08-27-12 09:23 AM
    Latest tweet received.

@Villordsutch I will pass that along! Thanks 4 your feedback. I am awaiting a specific reason for our non-support in the future. Be in touch
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-27-12 11:43 AM
    News Flash!

(Photobucket Customer Support Home)
    Aug 27 01:43 pm (MDT)
    I understand your frustration. The issue is that we are rolling out an all new Photobucket and with it the Blackberry app will not function properly. I believe they stopped allowing downloads for this reason. It is still working on existing devices because we have not yet rolled out the new site to all of our users. I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope you will let me know if you have any other questions.
    Now we at least have a rational answer. Still waiting for more.....
    08-27-12 03:00 PM
    As you sent this I've received an email relating to a new Photobucket thing. Will have a look and post.
    08-27-12 03:03 PM
    The response to my next question, whether BB10 will be supported won't go over well:

(Photobucket Customer Support Home)
    Aug 27 02:00 pm (MDT)
    Unfortunately, we do not have plans to support Blackberry 10 at this time.
    08-27-12 03:11 PM
    My email has been sent. Photobucket has never gave me a problem.

I've used it four times today.
    08-27-12 03:23 PM
    An email relating to there new app? (unsure if it will be for BlackBerrys at this time)

We're introducing an all-new Photobucket!

Inspired by your valuable feedback, we've been busy creating faster, easier ways to preserve your memories.

On top of a fresh new design, here are some things we have built
    for you:

Connect All Your Devices Never worry about backing up your photos & videos again. With instant upload options for every device, your photos & videos can finally come together all in one place.

Original Quality All your photos are preserved in their original size and resolution, for true back up and better print quality.

Share Safely and Securely You call the shots on your privacy settings. And don't worry, all your existing photos, videos, and links are secure.

Haven't received your invitation? Get yourself on the top of the list

Kate Hare
    VP, Product Management
    08-27-12 03:32 PM
    An email relating to there new app? (unsure if it will be for BlackBerrys at this time)

Oh, an email to ask them to keep it going.

Didn't see that.
    08-27-12 03:50 PM
    IDKWTFBBQ to think anymore
    08-27-12 03:57 PM
    It's all rather odd.
    08-27-12 06:16 PM
    Lol.. from today...

Funny thing about all this stuff is that a number of companies who claim to be dropping support, are actually BlackBerry 10 launch partners. In other words, most of their customer support reps don't know their head from their arse. Not saying that is the case here, but how many people expect the people on the front lines to know what is going on upstairs in the big offices?
    crazeee4u and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-27-12 06:47 PM
    Lol.. from today...

Click to view quoted image

Funny thing about all this stuff is that a number of companies who claim to be dropping support, are actually BlackBerry 10 launch partners. In other words, most of their customer support reps don't know their head from their arse. Not saying that is the case here, but how many people expect the people on the front lines to know what is going on upstairs in the big offices?
    I don't expect them to know, but I expect them to find out before they respond. I forwarded the details above, but haven't ha a return response yet. Shocking, I know.
    08-27-12 09:22 PM
    Weird.
    All Photobucket users can also upload photos directly to their album by using their personalized e-mail. I didn't even know they had an app.
    08-27-12 10:54 PM
    Weird.
    All Photobucket users can also upload photos directly to their album by using their personalized e-mail. I didn't even know they had an app.
    [old man voice]Let me show you something sonny.....[/old man voice]

From your album you can

It is always at the ready in appswitcher, but hardly uses any resources

Main view

Initial album view

Easy access to all the codes you'll ever need

Choose between albums

Initial view of upload capabilities from the app

Some of the available settings

Choose any album to upload to, and yes, you can create albums also

Got the picture?
    crazeee4u and OniBerry like this.
    08-27-12 11:28 PM
    How much of a kickback are they giving you on every app you sell?
    08-27-12 11:33 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD