I have been casually following the Apple Samsung case. It's had some interesting moment, & here's one of them. Today we learnt about a presentation that Apple gave Samsung in 2010. Durring that presentation Apple had offered a license for its "patents". Now how much was this license? The Apple document puts the figure at $30 per Samsung handset, $40 per tablet. The license would extend to all of Samsung�s devices running the Android, Symbian, Bada and Windows Mobile operating systems. Why ALL of the Mobile OS's? Well because according to Apple they ALL stole Apple's Patents. I find this VERY unlikely, but assuming it's true, how exactly did Symbian copy the iPhone when it came out 10 years BEFORE the iPhone? Nokia must have some very good fortune tellers on it's payroll.

08-11-12 02:21 AM
    So shameful I hope apple gets what's coming to them soon. Karma eventually come to get you. It's a shame to because apple forgot Microsoft pulled them out of death
    08-11-12 03:05 AM
    All this sounds like Apple is going through some emotional issues. Maybe a visit to the therapist would do them well. Some prescription "happy pills" would be even better.
    08-11-12 03:58 AM
    I have been casually following the Apple Samsung case. It's had some interesting moment, & here's one of them. Today we learnt about a presentation that Apple gave Samsung in 2010. Durring that presentation Apple had offered a license for its "patents". Now how much was this license? The Apple document puts the figure at $30 per Samsung handset, $40 per tablet. The license would extend to all of Samsung�s devices running the Android, Symbian, Bada and Windows Mobile operating systems. Why ALL of the Mobile OS's? Well because according to Apple they ALL stole Apple's Patents. I find this VERY unlikely, but assuming it's true, how exactly did Symbian copy the iPhone when it came out 10 years BEFORE the iPhone? Nokia must have some very good fortune tellers on it's payroll.

Click to view quoted image
    Look I do not like the patent thing as much as you but Symbian could have been older but recently got a patented addition added.
    That is entirely possible people.
    08-11-12 04:38 AM
    Apple wouldn't be paying ~10$ to Nokia for every iPhone sold if their patents were worth that much.
    08-11-12 05:03 AM
    how exactly did Symbian copy the iPhone when it came out 10 years BEFORE the iPhone?

Click to view quoted image
    Do you think all of Apples patents came into existence AFTER the iPhone? Isn't it possible they had patents prior to 2007 and that companies could steal them? I don't believe the claim would be that symbian copied the iphone, merely that symbian manufacturers had the opportunity to license Apples CURRENT patents for their devices. The don't necessarily need to be mobile related.

These guys should be thankful that Apple let WebKit be an open standard or they'd all be paying out of the arse.
    Last edited by xandermac; 08-13-12 at 06:46 AM.
    08-13-12 06:40 AM
    ^^^. This.
    08-13-12 11:50 AM
    And in all honesty, timeline doesn't matter. If Apple win a patent tomorrow for a feature that Symbian has used since 1997 Apple can still enforce the patent, that's the law.
    08-13-12 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD