http://www.qtness.com/blog/?p=258
    Last edited by xsacha; 06-19-13 at 11:51 AM.
    07-26-12 10:18 AM
    I can't seem to get it to work. I have all the boxes filled the exact way you do in the screenshot:

but clicking "Scan" does nothing. (I tried other stuff too, I tried with my PB's PIN and serial, along with it's version [2.1.0.560], changed device to PB and tried both "update" and "debrick", but nothing worked). Any ideas what could be wrong?
    07-26-12 11:16 AM
    Don't want to sound dumb here but....... I am.

How do you use this????

1 - Downloaded
    2 - Extracted zip file to a folder
    3 - Dbl click on Sachup.exe file
    4 - Window opens
    5 - I put in all playbook data
    6 - Push Scan button

Nothing happens.

Do I need to be running this with other software??

Don't understand this "Note: Only production server currently works. The other servers are using an outdated version of the API."
    Last edited by kretch; 07-26-12 at 11:23 AM. Reason: update
    07-26-12 11:21 AM
    Not sure why it isn't working for you guys. It's quite a simple app.
    Should be able to press Scan with default settings and you should see the 386 update.
    x-l likes this.
    07-26-12 11:32 AM
    Now getting a "Server did not respond as expected [99]" error. (Using the updated version from the first post)
    Gerii likes this.
    07-26-12 11:45 AM
    Umm.. I had to add it to my list on my firewall.. Now its working

Edit, it only launched
    Last edited by antiRIM; 07-28-12 at 11:21 AM.
    07-26-12 11:45 AM
    Now getting a "Server did not respond as expected [99]" error. (Using the updated version from the first post)
    Yeah I added error messages. Thought that would be a good start
    Error 99 is "Network transport error". Meaningless to me still.

So, get Windows to allow that app in Firewall I suppose.
    Last edited by xsacha; 07-26-12 at 11:50 AM.
    ride2thrill likes this.
    07-26-12 11:47 AM
    I think I've added it to the firewall now (going through the control panel crashes when I click to add another program, so I ran "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" and added a new "inbound rule" (which seems to be what has happened for any other apps I have allowed in the firewall, which have always triggered little pop ups when I run them to ask if I want to allow them), but I'm still getting the same error. I'm guessing I probably haven't got it done properly, I'll keep fiddling with it.

EDIT: I tried completely disabling my firewall temporarily, still got the error
    Last edited by SifJar; 07-26-12 at 12:12 PM.
    07-26-12 12:09 PM
    Can you run this in Windows 7?
    07-26-12 12:14 PM
    Well I only have Windows 7 so I'd suppose so.

I can make a Linux version if someone wants.
    07-26-12 12:51 PM
    I think I've added it to the firewall now (going through the control panel crashes when I click to add another program, so I ran "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" and added a new "inbound rule" (which seems to be what has happened for any other apps I have allowed in the firewall, which have always triggered little pop ups when I run them to ask if I want to allow them), but I'm still getting the same error. I'm guessing I probably haven't got it done properly, I'll keep fiddling with it.

EDIT: I tried completely disabling my firewall temporarily, still got the error
    do you only have a local windows firewall (do you use any other firewalls software wise?) or do you have a network/hardware firewall as well SifJar?
    07-26-12 01:43 PM
    do you only have a local windows firewall (do you use any other firewalls software wise?) or do you have a network/hardware firewall as well SifJar?
    Only Windows. Unless my router has a firewall, but I don't think so. No other app has ever had any problems, and I've only ever allowed apps in the Windows firewall.

I guess it's not really a particularly big deal, I was just wanting to try it out, I don't have any real reason to actually use it.
    07-26-12 02:20 PM
    Can't get it to run... Do you have to have any other software installed or running like java or IE or chrome running?
    Changed firewall in and out, ran as admin. still will not run. Do not get any errors and the update window never appears.

I guess I'm to much of a dumbass.

07-26-12 02:55 PM
    You have forgotten some DLL of Qt, I just copied all DLLs from my Qt SDK installation and it works now.

Edit: It's libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll.
    Last edited by Gerii; 07-26-12 at 03:26 PM.
    07-26-12 03:23 PM
    Copied libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll did it for me.

Thanks
    07-26-12 04:30 PM
    I'll try that then

EDIT: Actually, can anyone post those DLLs? Don't want to have to download the huge Qt SDK which I probably won't ever use just to get them. I did find two DLLs by those names, but they didn't fix it so I guess they weren't the right ones...

EDIT: Progress? I installed OpenSSL, now it appears to do nothing for a while after pressing "Scan" and then after a while comes up with the same error as before but now with a [2] instead of a [99]
    Last edited by SifJar; 07-26-12 at 05:12 PM.
    07-26-12 04:54 PM
    Ok, I have packed those 2 DLLs with the app. Sorry about that. I often have that issue because depends.exe doesn't seem to tell me about those post-run libs.
    07-26-12 07:14 PM
    Freaking. Awesome.

Edit: Hmmm, no 4G PB downloads? I was gonna try to load one onto the Dev Alpha.
    Edit #2: why does the DA update list a com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.winchester.sdk file? Isn't Winchester the 4G PlayBook?

Edit #3: would love to see this combined with installation
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 07-26-12 at 10:49 PM.
    07-26-12 10:38 PM
    Freaking. Awesome.

Edit: Hmmm, no 4G PB downloads? I was gonna try to load one onto the Dev Alpha.
    Edit #2: why does the DA update list a com.qnx.coreos.qcfm.os.winchester.sdk file? Isn't Winchester the 4G PlayBook?
    1. Yeah the new API only has Dev Alpha firmware files right now. And only on Production server.

2. Well the BB10 firmware actually isn't designed for the Dev Alpha. Not sure if you noticed but all the graphics/UI are still 1024x600.
    The Dev Alpha firmware (with the new keyboard, new UI etc) is still not given to devs.
    So yeah we're actually using a limited winchester firmware on our colt.
    07-26-12 10:49 PM
    1. Yeah the new API only has Dev Alpha firmware files right now. And only on Production server.

2. Well the BB10 firmware actually isn't designed for the Dev Alpha. Not sure if you noticed but all the graphics/UI are still 1024x600.
    The Dev Alpha firmware (with the new keyboard, new UI etc) is still not given to devs.
    So yeah we're actually using a limited winchester firmware on our colt.
    Yeah, I noticed that on rev6 (clock, icon names, etc). And from talking to some RIM employees, I know that the internal BB10 is much nicer than what the DA is running.
    Makes sense. So how about question number 3?
    mosheys likes this.
    07-26-12 11:02 PM
    Use Dingleberry for installation of course :P
    07-26-12 11:06 PM
    Use Dingleberry for installation of course :P
    Well yeah, but I was thinking there might be an all in one program lol.
    07-26-12 11:41 PM
    Does this work with Playbook?

Even if I enter an older OS (with all of the other data from a PlayBook) it shows that no upgrades are available and no debricks are available.

I get a "success" message from two of the three servers. CSE Beta returns a Server did not respond as expected error.
    07-28-12 06:35 AM
    Playbook still uses old API.
    I'm pretty sure it'll be updated soon though since the BETA BDM uses new API.

Any feature requests?
    Last edited by xsacha; 07-28-12 at 09:02 PM.
    07-28-12 08:58 PM
    Playbook still uses old API.
    I'm pretty sure it'll be updated soon though since the BETA BDM uses new API.

Any feature requests?
    Firmware downloader & installer integrated :P
    07-30-12 03:59 AM
609 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD