Just got my afterdawn newsletter and found this to be interesting reading:
    RIM to block sideloading apps to stop piracy - AfterDawn
    04-13-12 09:22 AM
    Yup, it's old news and they have now back peddled to say that they will not block side loading, but instead encrypt paid apps from App World so that they can't be side loaded on devices they weren't purchased on (or probably even on devices they were purchased on, but that's OK as you can just redownload from App World if you delete an app).
    04-13-12 09:32 AM
    OK cool thanks so maybe after-dawn is just a tad late on current news but then this stuff moves pretty fast anyways......
    04-13-12 09:40 AM
    On second thought how old is old news, this was posted on the 5th of April: RIM cutting sideloaded app support for PlayBook to avoid Android piracy 'cesspool' | The Verge

and the tweet by RIM was also on the 5th?????
    04-13-12 09:46 AM
    only old in the sense that it was a misconception that was QUICKLY cleared, but the misconception has had more exposure than the truth
    04-13-12 10:09 AM
    Old in the sense that it is over a week since the 5th April. In the realms of the internet, that is quite old in the context of "news".

EDIT: And also in the sense that there are a number of threads on the topic already in the main "BlackBerry Playbook" forum, some with 20+ pages.
    Last edited by SifJar; 04-13-12 at 10:36 AM.
    04-13-12 10:17 AM
    Yeah man, April 5th is SO last week. :P
    04-13-12 10:31 AM
    Old in the sense that it is over a week since the 5th April. In the realms of the internet, that is quite old in the context of "news".

EDIT: And also in the sense that there are a number of threads on the topic already in the main "BlackBerry Playbook" forum, some with 20+ pages.
    Yeah I was looking for that thread well thanks for the humor all...
    04-13-12 11:09 AM
    this wan 5 of april last week, i read this,
    04-13-12 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD