Have a Samsung GS2 now but thinking of coming back to BB. Last BB I had was the 9700 w/ OS5. I think I might tryout the BB9860 for 30 days and if I don't like it take it back.
    03-01-12 02:42 PM
    Oh BlackBerry, shall I compare thee to the summer's day? We had a great time, but it's about time we let each other go, that relationship was too harmful. Yes, I can barely ariculate this and I defintely don't wanna talk more about it (kinda feels like cheating on myself), but I see an iPhone coming and a BB going.
    03-01-12 07:24 PM
    Have a Samsung GS2 now but thinking of coming back to BB. Last BB I had was the 9700 w/ OS5. I think I might tryout the BB9860 for 30 days and if I don't like it take it back.

Please don't get the 9860 over keeping the SG2 .. You'll notice the drop In performance from the Sg2

Sent From My BlackBerry 10 Device
    brucejr70 likes this.
    03-01-12 07:32 PM
    Please don't get the 9860 over keeping the SG2 .. You'll notice the drop In performance from the Sg2

This is true, but BB is a very dependable product. Also, I like rooting for the underdog which BB is at this point in time.
    03-04-12 10:37 PM
    This is true, but BB is a very dependable product. Also, I like rooting for the underdog which BB is at this point in time.

I would keep the SG2 until bb10 phones... 9860 is a good effort from the previous storm release but nothing as good as s2

03-04-12 11:26 PM
    iPhone, Blackberry is good with the multi-tasking, emails, security, BBM and keyboard but lacks in fluidity in the touchscreen, overall ease of use and apps, RIM sucks big time when it comes to apps they reach 100k yet?? Still I have a berry for those ocassions i need a keyboard for fast typing.
    03-11-12 07:23 AM
    Went to wp7 when it launched but went back to the berry when the launched the 9900 and honestly no offence to and fans but hasn't really did anything new or exciting. Going back to wp7 as soon as the lumia 900 comes to canada
    03-12-12 08:31 PM
    Hey all,

With a lot of user migration to newer Blackberries. We are consolidating the "Bye Bye" threads to a Master thread to share why you are moving from one device to another(Hopefully Blackberry) With newer devices coming out at a very fast pace now days users seem to be either frustrated with their current device/provider. Or looking for something more powerful.

Soooo..... With that said before you post up ask your self the following questions.

Leaving an old Blackberry for a new device?

Moving on to another Blackberry device because of previous device issues that have not been fixed?

Moving to a different provider for a better device?

This thread is for you!

As a reminder Crackberry Rules and Guidelines apply as always.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/bas...r-conduct-114/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/

Keep it clean and have fun!!!
    Great idea for a thread!

If you suggest a blackberry is lacking in features or apps, all the Blackberry Fanbois attack you.

I own a 9810 but also use 2 other platforms and no enough that if you only have a Blackberry, you are missing out for no good reason.

It is hilarious that all the Blackberry Fanbois scream about how great Blackberries are and they do everything an android or iphone can do, but they own an 8330.

It is no wonder RIM is going downhill fast. There ardent supporters see no need to upgrade from their 8330's because they see no difference between their 8330 and 9900.
    And they are pretty much right.
    03-14-12 03:04 PM
    I made the move today. Retired my 9650 and picked up a slightly used HTC Trophy running WP7 with the Mango update. I have used WP7 in the past, and I really liked it. Giving it another shot, but I think this time that it will be for good.
    03-14-12 09:55 PM
    Why bother with a woman no matter how pretty she is, if you cannot trust her.
    Stick a fork in RIM
    03-15-12 12:03 AM
    Huh? As much as I like my BB, one of the major deficiencies is the speed of the browser. The 9900 is supposed to resolve most of that but as it stands now, internet browsing is often as slow as molasses in January, at least for me on my 9780...
    9900 WAS supposed to solve most things but truth of the matter is it hasn't! I got my 9900 as soon as it was released here in Canada and I soon came to realize how it was not much different than my older BBs. For eg. I still get the hourglass when you're downloading/installing an app from the App World, browser is STILL slow and buggy, don't even get me started with those infamous "batt pulls". Have I told you that the App World is still a big joke, most of the apps are not even compatible with OS7.

I've got to the point where enough is enough. When I see other people browsing on their Nexus, GSII, iPhones etc. I realize that we're sacrificing a LOT just for a physical KB and BBM.

With quad core phones making their way within couple months, RIM is sadly going to be playing catch up once again with their dual core "superphones". I really want RIM to be successful but the way they've been managing themselves, the future does NOT look good!

Anyways enough of my ranting, in conclusion I would just like to say that I'm jumping ship to Android as they have so much more to offer. I'm definitely getting one of those quad core powerhouses but until then I might have to trade my 9900 for a GSII or Nexus.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    03-15-12 06:34 AM
    9900 WAS supposed to solve most things but truth of the matter is it hasn't! I got my 9900 as soon as it was released here in Canada and I soon came to realize how it was not much different than my older BBs. For eg. I still get the hourglass when you're downloading/installing an app from the App World, browser is STILL slow and buggy, don't even get me started with those infamous "batt pulls". Have I told you that the App World is still a big joke, most of the apps are not even compatible with OS7.

I've got to the point where enough is enough. When I see other people browsing on their Nexus, GSII, iPhones etc. I realize that we're sacrificing a LOT just for a physical KB and BBM.

Anyways enough of my ranting, in conclusion I would just like to say that I'm jumping ship to Android as they have so much more to offer. I'm definitely getting one of those quad core powerhouses but until then I might have to trade my 9900 for a GSII or Nexus.
    Sadly, your experience is not uncommon. I wanted to stay with BlackBerry and was willing to do without some features found on other smartphones to keep the physical keyboard and BBM. When I got my 9930 I was impressed with the updated physical keyboard but all of the issues you mention in your post (browser issues, battery pulls still necessary, lack of apps) were too much. I returned the Bold and did what was once unthinkable, I got an iPhone 4s. I've not had one moment of regret. I still keep reading CrackBerry and other outlets hoping that RIM/BlackBerry will develop a phone that will draw me back. But app developers deserting RIM doesn't give me much confidence it will ever happen.
    03-15-12 10:23 AM

With quad core phones making their way within couple months, RIM is sadly going to be playing catch up once again with their dual core "superphones". I really want RIM to be successful but the way they've been managing themselves, the future does NOT look good!

You won't regret it! I love Android. Blackberries are such crippled beasts.

You won't miss the physical keyboard. The virtual keyboard is much faster because when you type the first 3 letters of a word, the whole word comes up. Also, the voice to text on Android works very well.

I still have my 9810 and after having the Android, can now see why RIM is going out of business fast.
    03-15-12 10:59 AM
    I have to say, I do not miss the battery pulls after deleting an application. I don't miss the hourglass either. I loved BB more than any other platform, but I needed something that was going to work for me, not against me. I don't see myself leaving CB, I just couldn't. I like to stay informed of what's going on, and what is to come.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    03-15-12 12:36 PM
    My whole family switched from BB to Android and iPhones. Boy are we glad. The BBs are such a crippled phone that you don't realize until you switch.

We now have access to so many more useful apps than the crippled experienced on BB. We have much better screens, faster response, we use a cross-platform messenger that shows how worthless BBM has become. And no more battery pulls.

We are sooo happy dumping BB for modern phones.
    How exactly is BB crippled? I managed to do everything that I needed, and then some, with a BB. Just because a device has more apps doesn't mean that it is any less crippled.
    03-21-12 03:21 PM
    I love my 9900 personally. The browser is as fast as my last two android phones...mytouch 4g and galaxy S. Anyway I don't feel its crippled.
    03-21-12 03:29 PM
    I made the switch yesterday from a Bold 9900 to an Iphone 4s. I did this because I'm in the healthcare industry and Blackberry does not have the apps to help me be more efficient in this field. There are a few but nowhere near the amount that the Iphone has.

I'm sorry RIM. I just couldn't wait for you anymore. Coupled with half of my bbm contacts gone, I feel that it was the perfect time to move on. 9700 to 9900 to an Iphone 4S.

Speaking of the Iphone 4S. I could not be happier. Tons of medical applications available and best of all, you don't have to visit various websites or browsers to look for them. They are all in the app world. The operating system as everyone here knows is super zippy and snappy.
    03-21-12 06:34 PM
    I'll just say it once: BlackBerries are tough devices, best smartphone hardware you can get in the market. Too bad specs never meet what the competition offers, but that doesn't make 'em bad phones. I replaced my Bold 9700 with a Motorola Pro+ QWERTY keyboard candybar that runs Android Gingerbread. The software is awesome. Much better than BB OS. But the hardware lacks of quality and doesn't feel as field-ready as BB's. Battery life is not at good as expected.

Miss BBM a little, but not thaaat much since I've got WhatsApp. My 9700 never let me down 'til the screen turned white and died. I'm planning to come back to BlackBerry in 2014, BB10 phones should be less buggy by then and plenty of time to get developers support for nice apps, like the ones I'm enjoying now on my Moto Pro+. C'mon, RIM...unleash that QNX power and create an environment just like Apple has done!
    03-22-12 12:20 PM
    Well I have been with BB's since my 8100 pearl, I have ventured to android as well as iPhones but I always come back :-) I love the buisness interface that my BB has and it seems to do everyting I ask for and more...gotta love blackberry's!!
    03-22-12 09:43 PM
    Its BB or nothing. I have not tried other phones and dont want to try in the first place.
    03-22-12 11:26 PM
    I'll just say it once: BlackBerries are tough devices, best smartphone hardware you can get in the market. Too bad specs never meet what the competition offers, but that doesn't make 'em bad phones. I replaced my Bold 9700 with a Motorola Pro+ QWERTY keyboard candybar that runs Android Gingerbread. The software is awesome. Much better than BB OS. But the hardware lacks of quality and doesn't feel as field-ready as BB's. Battery life is not at good as expected.

Miss BBM a little, but not thaaat much since I've got WhatsApp. My 9700 never let me down 'til the screen turned white and died. I'm planning to come back to BlackBerry in 2014, BB10 phones should be less buggy by then and plenty of time to get developers support for nice apps, like the ones I'm enjoying now on my Moto Pro+. C'mon, RIM...unleash that QNX power and create an environment just like Apple has done!
    Every time a new BB OS is on the horizon, everybody says, "Can't wait for this new OS, it's gonna be awesome!". Guess what? They NEVER are. From the day it's released, complaints about bugs, very few available apps and the never ending WE WANT THEMES FOR OUR NEW OS!!!! After having a BB for 3 years, I switched to Android. I got tired of waiting for the awesome new OS that everyone keeps thinking RIM is gonna bless them with. Android already has an awesome OS; no need to wait. If I'd known how much better Android is, I would definitely not have waited 3 years. Android is so much better than BB in every way, it's almost unbelievable...
    03-24-12 12:36 PM
    How exactly is BB crippled? I managed to do everything that I needed, and then some, with a BB. Just because a device has more apps doesn't mean that it is any less crippled.
    When I had a 9650, I would at times get the dreaded hourglass in the middle of a call. Making it impossible to hang up when the call is over. The only option was a battery pull. I would classify that as crippled...Especially considering the 45 minutes or so that OS6 took to index the media card, making my BB virtually unuseable during those 45 minutes. I've got WAY more stuff on my Droid's media card now, than I had on my BB. And the card is read in less than 3 minutes after a reset, which I do once per week.
    03-24-12 12:49 PM
    Every time a new BB OS is on the horizon, everybody says, "Can't wait for this new OS, it's gonna be awesome!". Guess what? They NEVER are. From the day it's released, complaints about bugs, very few available apps and the never ending WE WANT THEMES FOR OUR NEW OS!!!! After having a BB for 3 years, I switched to Android. I got tired of waiting for the awesome new OS that everyone keeps thinking RIM is gonna bless them with. Android already has an awesome OS; no need to wait. If I'd known how much better Android is, I would definitely not have waited 3 years. Android is so much better than BB in every way, it's almost unbelievable...
    Remember something. Devices are not just operating systems, and Android devices lack on quality materials and battery life compared to BlackBerry devices. Also, I think we should take it on RIM only if QNX on phones stinks, which I highly doubt. The wait will be over in Q3.
    03-24-12 06:35 PM
    Remember something. Devices are not just operating systems, and Android devices lack on quality materials and battery life compared to BlackBerry devices. Also, I think we should take it on RIM only if QNX on phones stinks, which I highly doubt. The wait will be over in Q3.
    The battery life on Android is a non-issue. It's completely user dependent. If someone turns on all the animations that are available AND has all the homescreens filled with Widgets that update throughout the day, naturally, the battery life will be compromised. I'm getting much longer battery life than I ever got with BB. Animations are cool, but they're far from necessary. As for the Widgets, nobody needs sports scores scrolling across their screen all day long. The people complaining about Android battery life simply don't know how to use their phones wisely. I'm sure QNX will be better than what RIM has now. But if the past is any kind of gauge, it won't be the monumental improvement that RIM needs, to stay competitive. I've gone through several new devices and OS upgrades with BB. Each new OS is only incrementally better than it's predecessor. And that's only after the inevitable updates that always seem to be required with a new BB OS. Sorry, but this Droid is running perfectly. And none of the BB's I've had ever did...
    03-24-12 06:56 PM
    Just switched from my beloved 9700 on OS 6 to a 9900 with 7.1.

Absolutely awesome. Keyboard is unreal, beautiful screen and it is FAST.
    Best BB experience I've had, and I love them.
    Camera isn't nearly as bad as people made it seem. It actually works pretty well.

After trying a X2 and IP4s I am very happy I didn't switch. This thing is almost perfect for me.
    03-31-12 07:32 AM
3,266 ... 5556575859 ...