Now that the news is out with regards to Apples security laps, it turns out others have decided to admit they to took advantage of Apples lack of security. Google admits to swiping iphone users web history.
    If Apples security door has been wide open for so long. I guess I can't blame them. I wonder just how much information were talking about here. How many others were swiping everyones info from Apples iphones?

Report: Google Tracked Safari Web Users
    02-17-12 04:00 AM
    Puzzle is assembling ... and what may have been called once "hysterical paranoia" is just now consciousness of the real life. We might soon ear some saying "it's a revolution: now you're print free" ... haha.
    02-17-12 04:11 AM
    While a distasteful practice, this doesn't really bother or surprise me. Google snoops. The whole company has its grubby little paws into everything its users do. Which is the reason I conduct no business transaction on my Skyrocket.
    One concern. BB 's webkit browser is Safari based. No?
    fanatical likes this.
    02-17-12 04:33 AM
    As much room as there is to bash Apple and Google here, you have to take into account what stuff carriers can intercept too since they ultimately hold the keys. Same goes for those of us running thru BIS.

Any information, trackable or being tracked. A fine line :/
    02-17-12 04:53 AM
    BB 's webkit browser is Safari based. No?
    Just to offer a bit of clarity on this question. A lot of today's browser (including mobile browsers) run on a rendering engine (responsible for drawing what you see on the screen) called WebKit. WebKit was originally invented by Apple but has been adopted by pretty much everyone (including BB when they bought Torch Mobile). So its not true that it is 'safari based' just that they used a similar rendering engine.

More detailed info at WebKit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alon
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-17-12 06:18 AM
    Just to offer a bit of clarity on this question. A lot of today's browser (including mobile browsers) run on a rendering engine (responsible for drawing what you see on the screen) called WebKit. WebKit was originally invented by Apple but has been adopted by pretty much everyone (including BB when they bought Torch Mobile). So its not true that it is 'safari based' just that they used a similar rendering engine.

More detailed info at WebKit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alon
    Awesome. Thank you. I've always been confused about that one point. Everytime I read it and say Oh Yah thank you I end up forgetting it two seconds later.
    Appreciate the assist!
    02-17-12 06:27 AM
    The About screen says webkit is part of the KDE (K-Desktop Environment) project and all that. It's open source. Probably some of it is apple's open source code too, I wouldn't really know, or care. But we can't trust google with everything of ours. They have been evil in the past.
    02-17-12 06:42 AM
    Does this really surprise anyone ? I mean it's what google does, yet everyone keeps using there services. About a year ago, I decided to install google maps on my bold 9000, since BBmaps just wasn't doing what I need to at the time (and was painfully slow). As the T of S screen popped up, I decided to actually read it, having just read an article regarding their "street view" data gathering from open wifi networks in Germany. Google Wi-Fi Data Collection Angers European Officials | PCWorld . I was shocked to see what I was agreeing to in order to have their maps product installed on my phone. It included full access to my contacts, email, call log etc, etc.... Why the FU*$% would google need that info to deliver maps to my phone ? needless to say, it never got installed

Since then I've slowly weaned myself off all google products (other than youtube :/ ). I just don't trust them, not that I have anything to hide, but really...... Why does google feel need to invade everyone privacy this way :/
    02-17-12 09:28 AM
    Again, Google and Apple threads in the BB News and Rumor section.
    TGR1 likes this.
    02-17-12 09:43 AM
    I am slowly cutting Google out, I use www.startpage.com and I have firefox set to prompt me what cookies want access. I then deny them access and set it to never ask me again except for the ones are really needed for the page to work and even then I only allow them per session.
    02-17-12 10:38 AM
    02-17-12 08:38 PM
    "�We didn�t anticipate that this would happen, and we have now started removing these advertising cookies from Safari browsers,� Google said in a statement."

I would like to w how exactly are they doing that? They can reach in your computer's bowser and delete your cookies?
    02-18-12 02:35 AM
    Why are you starting multiple threads about the same thing?
    02-18-12 05:49 AM
    Why are you starting multiple threads about the same thing?
    Please report the multiple threads so they can be merged/closed/deleted by the mods. Or just link them here and I'll do that favor.
    02-18-12 05:59 AM
    I am slowly cutting Google out, I use www.startpage.com and I have firefox set to prompt me what cookies want access. I then deny them access and set it to never ask me again except for the ones are really needed for the page to work and even then I only allow them per session.
    Startpage...........enhanced by google
    02-18-12 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD