Was at Best Buy today checking out the post Christmas deals. I walked past the tablets section and saw a guy holding a BB 9700. I told him that since he had a BB, the Playbook would be the perfect companion for it. I showed him how bridge works with my BB, sent an email using bridge and brought up BBM. I also showed him loading a flash based website and which were the best Playbook cases.

He thanked me and he asked the sales person for a Playbook!
    12-27-11 11:51 PM
    Well Done OP!!!
    12-27-11 11:55 PM
    He thanked me and he asked the sales person for a Playbook!
    I love the idea. When you compare the 199 deal against ny Apple device for that price point - you really cant argue
    12-27-11 11:57 PM
    No bunnies were harmed during the deleting of 2 posts from this thread!

Make that THREE posts!

Edit: At a member's request! 4 posts!
    12-28-11 12:11 AM

Click to view quoted image

Make that THREE posts!
    Thanks for cleaning out the thread!
    12-28-11 12:20 AM
    Hey, that's not enough pal. The Torch is free at Bestbuy now, you should have been selling that first. Then sell the PB32 (not 16, for those who know me) as an accessory. Now get down there and work it, brutha!

I did a similar sell in my office with a customer from India. The big boss of the company had a BB, the son had an iphone. We bridged my PB32 to his Bold, and both were impressed. Before their flight back, we went shopping at Bestbuy to pick up a PB32! The son was clearly jealous at that price.
    12-28-11 06:57 AM
    That is awesome to hear. I got into Best Buy pretty often, and they constantly try to down play the PlayBook, and keep saying the same thing: "The USB port always breaks."

I have no idea why. Everytime I even mention it to friend that works there, they always say "Get something else." It's good to see that you're at least showing what it can do. Few other Best Buy employees are.

Can't wait to get Mine!
    12-28-11 08:33 AM

Click to view quoted image

Make that THREE posts!

Edit: At a member's request! 4 posts!
    Darn, I seem to always get the Readers' Digest version by the time I wake up!
    12-28-11 09:35 AM
    That is awesome to hear. I got into Best Buy pretty often, and they constantly try to down play the PlayBook, and keep saying the same thing: "The USB port always breaks."

I have no idea why. Everytime I even mention it to friend that works there, they always say "Get something else." It's good to see that you're at least showing what it can do. Few other Best Buy employees are.

Can't wait to get Mine!
    They say that so you'll buy their service plan.
    12-28-11 10:07 AM
    They say that so you'll buy their service plan.
    You're absolutely right.
    12-28-11 11:57 AM
    i asked a kid at office depot if the get a commission, and he said only on selling the protection plan.
    Delirious D likes this.
    12-28-11 12:11 PM

Can't wait to get Mine!
    I had this experience at Future Shop (owned by best buy). I bought 3 playbooks over the holidays for different family members. I was surprised how hard I was pushed not to buy them every single time I bought one by the sales staff. I don't mind them mentioning some of the deficiencies currently with the product, the push by them was over the top. This particularly bothered me, since they have had no problem trying to sell me truly crappy PCs in the past.

The hate on for a BB Playbook by some of these sales people is something RIM will have to address if they want to improve their fortunes as well, if a lot of people's first exposure to the product is this hostile they wont be selling a lot of units outside of the fire sales.
    Last edited by blue-b; 12-28-11 at 12:25 PM.
    12-28-11 12:20 PM
    Hey, that's not enough pal. The Torch is free at Bestbuy now, you should have been selling that first. Then sell the PB32 (not 16, for those who know me) as an accessory. Now get down there and work it, brutha!

I should have sold him the extended warranty while I was there!
    12-28-11 12:46 PM
    Convinced 3 co-workers to get the PB and they all love it!! This shows that its not the customers that don't wanna buy it, they just don't know what it is and what it can do. I hope RIM's marketing departments step it up big time and get some real work done.
    Hgouck and WrightWords like this.
    12-28-11 01:06 PM
    One guy purchased PB in my office. He was very exited to have it. I helped him with his BB phone set up and tethering...
    JK-PhD likes this.
    12-28-11 01:18 PM
    i asked a kid at office depot if the get a commission, and he said only on selling the protection plan.
    yea it was the same at radioshack. Like we kinda get a little bit of commision but we have to sale the bigger ticket items like tvs (who goes into radioshack for a tv lol) but the service plans and celly is what got me the fat checks. and accessories were another bonus.
    12-28-11 02:31 PM
    Convinced 3 co-workers to get the PB and they all love it!! This shows that its not the customers that don't wanna buy it, they just don't know what it is and what it can do. I hope RIM's marketing departments step it up big time and get some real work done.
    my step dad fell in love with it. Dude was streaming music videos to his stereo system. Mom hogged it up for lexulous hahaha... i have to be careful when i go visit now. They enjoy the PB more then they enjoy me hahah...

My step d was like only $200 not bad. My mom ofcourse is part of the Apple Cult. "Yea i like it alot and its small. The ipad is too big i might aswell carry my laptop around. But this is the perfect size if only Apple would come out with a smaller one" she says. I had to stare at her dumbfoundly. :l
    12-28-11 02:35 PM
    my step dad fell in love with it. Dude was streaming music videos to his stereo system. Mom hogged it up for lexulous hahaha... i have to be careful when i go visit now. They enjoy the PB more then they enjoy me hahah...

My step d was like only $200 not bad. My mom ofcourse is part of the Apple Cult. "Yea i like it alot and its small. The ipad is too big i might aswell carry my laptop around. But this is the perfect size if only Apple would come out with a smaller one" she says. I had to stare at her dumbfoundly. :l
    sounds like your mum is definatly apple brainwashed.
    12-28-11 04:32 PM
    i try to sell them too sometimes but unfortunately the PB in the staples/bestbuy i go to never works!
    12-28-11 04:58 PM
    OP, did you start two threads about this? Why?
    12-28-11 05:09 PM
    So your mother is part of the Apple cult, and you're a part of the BlackBerry cult. What a combo.
    12-28-11 05:15 PM
    CrackBerry Nation is proud of you son. Job well done!
    12-28-11 05:39 PM
    OP, did you start two threads about this? Why?

I only started one.
    12-28-11 06:16 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...creepy-682547/

A thread asking about this thread.
    12-28-11 06:30 PM

Two different topics, two different threads.
    12-28-11 06:35 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD