What is the latest OS that this will work with? I tried this with the DBZ Hybrid and it will not install the certificates no matter what I do. I have it working right now with the Willyboy hybrid. Any tips? I am doing this on an unlocked 9800.

Thanks

Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

This won't work for AT&T as they don't support UMA calling (But the E-Screens are interesting anyway)

1. Go here and follow the instructions to unlock the Engineering screens. Press ATL+CAP+H on your berry and use that info to fill in the blanks on the linked page.

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

2. Enter the code provided on the blackberry's help screen, you wont actually see anything while you're typing but when you're done the hidden Engineering screens will appear. Use alt for numbers and dont worry about caps.

3. Download these certificates to your blackberry. (NOT TO YOUR PC) (see post #2 by otto on the linked page)

T-Mobile UMA Certificates - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

Then Reboot your Berry ALT-CAPS-DEL

4. Once you have the certs and have rebooted go back into the engineering screen ATL+CAP+H and do the following.

i. At the EScreen select <Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    ii. Select <Utilities>
    iii. Select <Session Manager>
    iv. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <UMA Options>
    v. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <New>
    vi. Enter the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3
    vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

Rebewt and you are all set.
    04-15-11 01:46 AM
    Anyone? Just want to know what is the newest os I can use this with, PLEASE?
    04-25-11 01:28 AM
    Just wanted to update this thread and let everyone know that this works with .534
    05-02-11 10:57 PM
    I have a torch 9800 which is unlocked and the engineering screen and UMA commands are entered. The certificates were installed (but have a ?). I have rebooted and still no UMA. I've done it a few times....still just edge and wifi. I'm on t-mobile right now.
    05-11-11 05:14 PM
    How can I find out if my carrier supports UMA?
    Anybody....?
    05-12-11 01:05 AM
    How can I find out if my carrier supports UMA?
    There aren't many carriers supporting it. UMA Today aka Smart Wi-Fi reportedly tracks UMA operators.

Smart Wi-Fi
    Smart Wi-Fi : UMA Operators

Not sure how current their information is. The Operators page doesn't list Fido, and the Promotions page seems to be at least 2 years out-of-date.
    05-13-11 12:47 PM
    Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

This won't work for AT&T as they don't support UMA calling (But the E-Screens are interesting anyway)

1. Go here and follow the instructions to unlock the Engineering screens. Press ATL+CAP+H on your berry and use that info to fill in the blanks on the linked page.

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

2. Enter the code provided on the blackberry's help screen, you wont actually see anything while you're typing but when you're done the hidden Engineering screens will appear. Use alt for numbers and dont worry about caps.

3. Download these certificates to your blackberry. (NOT TO YOUR PC) (see post #2 by otto on the linked page)

T-Mobile UMA Certificates - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

Then Reboot your Berry ALT-CAPS-DEL

4. Once you have the certs and have rebooted go back into the engineering screen ATL+CAP+H and do the following.

i. At the EScreen select <Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    ii. Select <Utilities>
    iii. Select <Session Manager>
    iv. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <UMA Options>
    v. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <New>
    vi. Enter the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3
    vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

Rebewt and you are all set.
    i've done all these steps like 4 or 5 times and it never works.. i downloaded the certificates by otto like it says on the steps but for some reason when i look at them it says it's not trusted and it doesn't have a green check-mark next to it. do i need to do the steps on http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/un...ctions-513408/ before i can get UMA to work?? plz help asap i'm beyond frustrated =\
    07-05-11 10:23 AM
    @stfuabel My certificate list shows a green check next to the T-Mobile root certificate, but a yellow question mark next to the T-Mobile engineering certificate. Check for a typo in your uncs and segw addresses. I always get them wrong the first couple of tries. I'm assuming you had UMA on your old BB, thus ruling out router issues.

UMA config is the last thing I do after updating the OS and doing a restore. I wouldn't expect UMA to be dependent on service books, but I've never tried to use UMA without them.
    07-05-11 01:50 PM
    Last edited by stfuabel; 07-15-11 at 04:03 PM.
    07-05-11 11:46 PM
    does anybody know if all this info is still good before i try this?

thanks
    tcamshafter
    07-19-11 04:46 PM
    Thanks for the thread. Just did it on an unlicked 8520 (from Cincinatti Bell) and it worked great.

One small note - at the very end of the process, make sure to Save the new T-Mobile UMA settings you just created, and then select those settings and save again.
    07-22-11 08:28 AM
    Hi Folks, I have tried pretty much all of this and just cannot seem to get the UMA or even access to some of these screens to work. TM has actually been helpful and supportive but as we know they don't support the device RIM has been useless completely.

I am not computer (though not as savvy as I once was) illiterate and have had BB's since 2000, but I am totally stumped. Any help or a walk though would be appreciated with the correct and current codes. I have spent hours researching this actually. Also I do seem to find that wireless does in fact work on the Torch, but you can't make or receive phone calls on the TM network without the beloved UMA Thanks in advance.
    08-07-11 12:58 PM
    Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!
    08-11-11 10:34 AM
    It worked thanks!

At first I thought it didn't work, but then I realized that I missed an "S" in "psgw.t-mobilesgws.com" (a consequence of doing this at 3 in the morning).

Thanks again!
    08-13-11 10:05 AM
    wonder if this will work on OS 7 devices???
    08-13-11 05:45 PM
    i've done all these steps like 4 or 5 times and it never works.. i downloaded the certificates by otto like it says on the steps but for some reason when i look at them it says it's not trusted and it doesn't have a green check-mark next to it. do i need to do the steps on http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/un...ctions-513408/ before i can get UMA to work?? plz help asap i'm beyond frustrated =\
    Mine said they aren't trusted but it works fine.
    08-13-11 05:47 PM
    tried this to enable UMA on 9900?
    09-01-11 10:30 AM
    Thanks to the OP my wife�s AT&T branded 9700 now has working UMA. I did one thing differently. I did not download the certs from any site. I was able to find the certs on my 9700 and then send them to her BB via pin message. Much easier than downloading them from the site and then futzing about putting them into the right place. Just download on the device and then install them from the message page.

Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers!

Roger
    09-15-11 05:16 PM
    Thanks to the OP my wife’s AT&T branded 9700 now has working UMA. I did one thing differently. I did not download the certs from any site. I was able to find the certs on my 9700 and then send them to her BB via pin message. Much easier than downloading them from the site and then futzing about putting them into the right place. Just download on the device and then install them from the message page.

Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers!

Roger
    Thanks for the tip... I also (kind of) used this way and it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by blackberry-unlocking710; 09-16-11 at 10:51 PM.
    09-16-11 10:48 PM
    has anyone been able to get this to work on unlocked for tmobile torch 9810? os7 engineering screens are different and i cant find uma options.
    09-25-11 10:25 AM
    worked like a charm!!!! thanks
    10-25-11 10:43 PM
    How do I save downloaded certificates on my blackberry ?
    11-15-11 08:54 AM
    Email them to yourself

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-15-11 01:19 PM
    9810 OS7 OS7 Engineering screen is different. UMA in sessions does not exist.
    11-15-11 03:50 PM
    Same here... I'm on a 9650 (unlocked on tmo - with a hybrid 6.0.0.534 king OS) and the engineering screens don't show a "mobile network" option including UMA. Not sure if this means I haven't properly downloaded the files I need, or my model just isn't compatible... anyone care to weigh in? thx
    11-22-11 08:51 AM
163 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD