Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2475 (All Languages)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2475
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.546
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.207
    File name: 9700jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2475_PL6.6.0.207_A6.0.0.5 46_Taiwan_Mobile.exe
    File size: 181.03MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here

-------------------------

Taiwan Mobile Software Download Page
    05-09-11 05:09 PM
    I hope this version finally addresses the memory leak and battery life. If so, I'll be a happy camper.
    05-09-11 05:19 PM
    I just downloaded 6.0.0.534 last week and I'ts the best OS 6 that I've downloaded thus far. There is still a memory leak on it but If someone downloads this new OS 6 and doesn't have the "memory leak" problem, I would love the feedback as everyone else would I'm sure.

Thanks
    05-09-11 05:38 PM
    There is and will be no answer from RIM with memory leaks!!
    05-09-11 05:56 PM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    05-09-11 07:26 PM
    Gonna hold off on this one for a bit see what the consensus is regarding mem and other minor nuances. See if this is the golden version of 6 for the 9700.
    05-09-11 07:39 PM
    Gonna hold off on this one for a bit see what the consensus is regarding mem and other minor nuances. See if this is the golden version of 6 for the 9700.
    For what it's worth, my initial impression is that 546 has been the best version by far for my Torch. (Hope I didn't just jinx anything...)

Keep in mind that (a) I've had it running for only 4-5 days, and (b) results often vary between users of the same device, let alone between users with touchscreen vs non-touchscreen devices.
    Last edited by elite1; 05-10-11 at 10:03 AM.
    05-09-11 07:48 PM
    For what it's worth, my initial impression is that 546 has been the best version by far for my Torch. (Hope I didn't just jinx anything...)

Keep in mind that (a) I've had it running for all 4-5 days, and (b) results often vary between users of the same device, let alone between users with touchscreen vs non-touchscreen devices.
    Yeah....wanna wait and see a bit more. Have too much stuff going on my device right now to have to set it all up again after a new os install. Wanna make sure it is worth the work....lol
    05-09-11 07:52 PM
    Is there an alternate link for this version? I am receiving the following message when trying to download:

"We're Sorry...Downloads of this software are not yet available in your country due to regulatory reasons. Please check back for future availability."

This is irrespective of what country I enter in the details section.
    Thank you in advance
    05-09-11 08:03 PM
    No feedback yet? I remember the good old days when a new OS would leak (or get released for the first time officially as this one did) there would be dozens of responses within the first 15 minutes.

I saw this in my twitter feed earlier, and just got home....and figured while downloading I'd look for some feedback and there is none!

Are people really that fed up with RIM that they're not downloading the latest and greatest OS's?
    05-09-11 08:19 PM
    I downloaded, but am holding a bit for feedback. .534, after a wipe, shrink and reload of hybrid OS, has been awesome on my 9700 so far...
    05-09-11 08:21 PM
    why it so difficult for me to download the OS? everytime download half way always stopped, and my internet is alright
    05-09-11 08:30 PM
    For anyone that cares...this build was put together 4/14/2011 (.534 was 3/24/2011).

Last edited by Lucky45; 05-09-11 at 08:47 PM.
    Duwi3, sheldonbk and doubleaa25 like this.
    05-09-11 08:44 PM
    I have downloaded this update, so far nothing has been different, I will not comment on memory leak or battery nor "snappyness". No major changes so if you're on .534 and happy with it and it's too much of a pain to upgrade then leave it for now until people confirm much needed changes.
    05-09-11 08:44 PM
    No feedback yet? I remember the good old days when a new OS would leak (or get released for the first time officially as this one did) there would be dozens of responses within the first 15 minutes.

I saw this in my twitter feed earlier, and just got home....and figured while downloading I'd look for some feedback and there is none!

Are people really that fed up with RIM that they're not downloading the latest and greatest OS's?
    Most are happy with the build they have!
    05-09-11 08:55 PM
    For anyone that cares...this build was put together 4/14/2011 (.534 was 3/24/2011).

Hmm... very interesting piece of info!
    05-09-11 08:56 PM
    Most are happy with the build they have!
    ...or they're too busy messin' around with their PlayBooks to care

I'm not fed up, I love these leaks I miss the flood of responses, now it's calm and cool :\

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    abdullah1982 likes this.

Yeah there isn't that much difference to comment on honestly. Nothing mind blowing lol.
    05-09-11 08:59 PM
    In4 positive OS feedback
    05-09-11 09:05 PM
    I guess if it were labled a 'new leak' we would have a better response...all in the mind...
    05-09-11 09:11 PM
    alarm alignment still an issue when switched on in the top tray? Like if set to 20:00, the :00 would disappear to the side?
    05-09-11 09:44 PM
    alarm alignment still an issue when switched on in the top tray? Like if set to 20:00, the :00 would disappear to the side?
    Does injecting the net.rim.bb.ribbon cod still fix this issue?
    05-09-11 10:21 PM
    I hope battery issue is fixed. .534 is quite battery drainer.
    05-09-11 10:24 PM
    Does injecting the net.rim.bb.ribbon cod still fix this issue?
    the question is if the problem still there lol, I don't like injecting things prefer to have it loaded with the right cods in the beginning. Plus I want to use a different bbm than the ones they have here.

So please, can ANYONE confirm if this is still an issue??
    05-09-11 10:28 PM
165 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD