Hello,

I work on a mobile operator company, which gave a Blackberry device connected to our BES so I can stay in touch with my email.

Although, I configured my own personal GMAIL in the device too.

My question is... Can the company monitor my personal emails? What about my SMS, Calls, etc?

My primary concern is my personal gmail.

Thanks!
    10-31-10 02:57 PM
    BES admin has the ability (and the right) to monitor all of those functions if I am not mistaken. Whether they actually do is up to the individual company.
    10-31-10 03:03 PM
    My primary concern is my personal gmail.
    I think people on the forum here will be able to give you a definitive answer on the gmail and personal email accounts, but I think you'll find that the other things you've listed will depend on your company's policy. And I think that's something it can even change according to its whims.
    10-31-10 03:05 PM
    BES admin has the ability (and the right) to monitor all of those functions if I am not mistaken. Whether they actually do is up to the individual company.
    That sucks... I REMOVED now Gmail from my BB!
    10-31-10 03:09 PM
    You may have jumped the gun a bit. Don't forget, a password is needed to access your gmail, so it's possible they can't read them. But okay, if someone confirms this, you can always re-add it.
    10-31-10 03:11 PM
    You may have jumped the gun a bit. Don't forget, a password is needed to access your gmail, so it's possible they can't read them. But okay, if someone confirms this, you can always re-add it.
    My concern is that my personal email get saved in the servers. It happens with the regular email in the company, all out/in emails are saved for 30 days in the servers.
    10-31-10 03:16 PM
    The BES admin can know you have a personnal email configured on the device. He cannot see those emails.

SMS, PIN msg and phone records can be logged. Phone record includes both phone numbers, length of calls and whether connected or not.
    10-31-10 03:18 PM
    The BES admin can know you have a personnal email configured on the device. He cannot see those emails.

SMS, PIN msg and phone records can be logged. Phone record includes both phone numbers, length of calls and whether connected or not.
    Are you sure he/she cannot read those emails? Its not possible to get them stored in the server?
    10-31-10 03:22 PM
    10-31-10 07:23 PM
    I wanted to stay away from the Android phones because Google is evil and has openly said they don't give a damn about privacy. They go through your gmail, and it helps them build advertising geared to you.
    So when I first got my BB I read the terms of service and they basically say they have the right to access your emails.

You can't win.
    10-31-10 08:39 PM
    Are you sure he/she cannot read those emails? Its not possible to get them stored in the server?
    I'm sure. Read the link provided by MM.
    10-31-10 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD