I have been receiving two of every notification I receive on facebook on the app on my storm. Would there be any reason for this? I have 3 emails sync'd to my storm (2 gmail, 1 vzw blackberry.) Could this have something to do with it? It's not really a problem, just really annoying to have to click through two of the same exact notification. The email that my facebook sends emails to is one of the emails that is sync'd to my storm also. Not sure if it matters, but i also have a forward to one of the gmail addresses (the one that facebook sends to.)

Thanks for any help in advance.
    02-04-09 11:28 AM
    Switch the facebook notification email address to your blackberry email. This will get rid of the double notification. You wont get notifications on your regular email, but if you are like most blackberry users you have your phone on you at all times
    02-04-09 12:18 PM
    Make sure you only have one email acct set up with facebook. Also make sure you are not forwarding your email that you use with facebook. I was getting the same thing and this fixed it. Hope it helps.
    02-04-09 12:27 PM
    Alright I switched the notification email to one that is not forwarded. Now time to wait to see if it works. Ill try making it my bb email if it doesn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:34 PM
    hey bb fans! yes there is a solution. just follow these steps:

1. Install the FB V1.8 and log in
    2. Click on menu and select Options
    3. Scroll down to FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS
    4. Check the box which says FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS
    5. Scroll down and click on TURN OFF ALL FACEBOOK EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

once you follow these steps, just save and refresh your feeds. It will work!

When you turn off all facebook email notifications, it shuts email notifications and only allows the fb app to push notifications to you phone.

Cheers!

1. Go to FB on Blackberry and choose option - facebook notifications
    2. Uncheck "Facebook Notifications"
    3. Press "Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications"
    4. Login to your Facebook on your computer / laptop
    5. Go to Account - Account Settings - Notifications
    5. Uncheck the remaining Email Notifications (ALL OF THEM)
    6. Now go to FB for BB again: Option - Check Marked the "Facebook Notifications"
    7. Save Settings
    8. Do a battery pull for about a minute and start up your BB again.
    9. You should start receiving notification like normal version 1.7.0.22 (or at least wait for few hours and stay with this settings)

FB 1.8.0.49 uses push notifications directly from the facebook website while the FB 1.7.0.22 notification comes from your e-mail that you configured for facebook.
    So, If both active, its either you receive double notif or no notifications at all.
    Deactivate the email notifications. Activate the push notifications.
    It should work...
    08-21-10 01:14 PM
    I have been Googling this since I updated earlier this week and I finally found the answer. Thanks! I think I may steal your answer and post it on other forums. Genius...
    08-27-10 11:33 PM
    i can't get it to work i get a "There was an error sending notification settings. Please try again later.
    09-04-10 05:03 PM
    That's funny...you had problems with this. If I couldve responded earliert I couldve told you that. Good job figuring it out

09-04-10 05:52 PM
    hey bb fans! yes there is a solution. just follow these steps:

1. Install the FB V1.8 and log in
    2. Click on menu and select Options
    3. Scroll down to FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS
    4. Check the box which says FACEBOOK NOTIFICATIONS
    5. Scroll down and click on TURN OFF ALL FACEBOOK EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS

once you follow these steps, just save and refresh your feeds. It will work!

When you turn off all facebook email notifications, it shuts email notifications and only allows the fb app to push notifications to you phone.

Cheers!

1. Go to FB on Blackberry and choose option - facebook notifications
    2. Uncheck "Facebook Notifications"
    3. Press "Turn off all Facebook Email Notifications"
    4. Login to your Facebook on your computer / laptop
    5. Go to Account - Account Settings - Notifications
    5. Uncheck the remaining Email Notifications (ALL OF THEM)
    6. Now go to FB for BB again: Option - Check Marked the "Facebook Notifications"
    7. Save Settings
    8. Do a battery pull for about a minute and start up your BB again.
    9. You should start receiving notification like normal version 1.7.0.22 (or at least wait for few hours and stay with this settings)

FB 1.8.0.49 uses push notifications directly from the facebook website while the FB 1.7.0.22 notification comes from your e-mail that you configured for facebook.
    So, If both active, its either you receive double notif or no notifications at all.
    Deactivate the email notifications. Activate the push notifications.
    It should work...
    How does this help if you don't have your bb at hand ?

How do you disable certain notifications ?

09-05-10 02:04 AM
    I get an error when I try and turn off email Notifications.

Roland

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-05-10 06:44 AM
    I get an error aswell when I try to click "TURN OFF ALL FACEBOOK EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS" .... help?

(this double notification issue has been happening since i deactivated my facebook, then reactivated...it made me log out for a while)
    09-11-10 06:14 PM
    Same here guys, only difference is that I am receiving the FB notifications and the email too! WTF? Same issues when trying to turn off all notifications.
    09-28-10 04:36 PM
    Following on from forums.crackberry.com/members/mimoberry/ above, version 1.9 seems similar, viz. notifications are grabbed direct from FB and are not substitute emails. I have killed the double entries by going to my BIS account site and putting a filter on '[email protected]', which is the main email address used by FB here where I am (Ireland). So, only the FB app's notifications appear in the main message list now, the unwanted emails held back. But they are still available on my email account as accessed from the web or another client (eg Outlook).

Further tidying can be achieved by saving a search for the FB items and making a keyboard shortcut for it, thus temporarily putting all the FB stuff in a single list, once the shortcut is typed. However, whilst I know that that search-saving facility exists on my BB9700, OS6, and I have used it before as described on an older BB (the 9000), I haven't actually carried out that manoeuvre yet - so the idea is theoretical, as of this minute! But, the filtering described in first para above is tested and functioning on my device.
    06-24-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD