Can 3G for Tmobile be enabled as well ?
    (I have non-branded 9800 on its way to me as I type)

Thanks!
    08-15-10 11:08 PM
    Impex4 the answer is No if your using it on TMobile..
    08-15-10 11:28 PM
    Tried to re-enter the magic code and it worked. All instructions worked perfectly. Thank you, Crackberry users. You make this a fantastic community to be in!
    08-16-10 09:21 AM
    For the certificated do i download the through my blackberry OTA? Or to a pc and then drag them to the blackberry??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 10:51 AM
    Directly to the blackberry.

For the certificated do i download the through my blackberry OTA? Or to a pc and then drag them to the blackberry??

08-16-10 10:52 AM
    If it helps, when I downloaded the certificates to my blackberry (I just emailed myself the link to the message board that had the certificates posted), I was asked to input a password for my "key store" which I did. Everything then went smoothly....

08-16-10 10:59 AM
    hey xandermac i did the UMA how do i know if i succeeded will something be different?
    08-16-10 05:11 PM
    ^The top right beside your bars it will say UMA..in one of his threads he posted a screenshot. I had to try 2 times, but it worked
    08-16-10 05:22 PM
    well i entered everything just the way it said and it still dosnt say UMA is it suppose to take the place of wifi?

is everything case sensitive or n e thing like that?
    08-16-10 05:31 PM
    Are you using the phone on TMobile?

08-16-10 05:42 PM
    yes im using the 9800 on T-mobile great phone lol
    08-16-10 06:46 PM
    vi. Enter the following:
    Display Name: T-Mobile
    Operator Name: T-Mobile
    UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3

vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter:
    punc.t-mobileuncs.com
    use: Port: 14001

viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter:
    psgw.t-mobilesgws.com

ix.Select the SEGW certificate named:
    T-Mobile USA, inc. Engineering and Operations CA
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i entered everything just like this and the UMA wont pop up. when done do i save or just reboot? stupid question i know but you never know
    08-16-10 08:46 PM
    Save and reboot. Then go into mobile networ options and if the "wifi preffered" option is there then uma is active.

08-16-10 08:47 PM
    well i just redid it im tired of this ive been trying all day. thank for hellping me out with the other things though like the browser ans stuff i really appreciate it your a cool guy.

im rebboting my phone right now i really hope it works. do i have to have on wifi prefered or something?
    08-16-10 09:38 PM
    If it doesnt work leave it be for a little bit. Go back to your UMA profile you created and delete it, and do the steps again..save and then reboot and see if maybe it works. Like I said thats what I did and it worked, but I waited a little bit or even the next morning to try for the second time. On the manage connections I have mobile network and wi-fi checked..
    08-16-10 10:20 PM
    If it doesnt work leave it be for a little bit. Go back to your UMA profile you created and delete it, and do the steps again..save and then reboot and see if maybe it works. Like I said thats what I did and it worked, but I waited a little bit or even the next morning to try for the second time. On the manage connections I have mobile network and wi-fi checked..
    Ya i was gonna do that but i decided to do it once more. So filled everytjing out again, and then i saved it and did a battery pull waited 5 min . Went straihht to connection and but wifi prefered and success i now have UMA functioning on my 9800 :-) thanks for the help eberyone

08-16-10 10:29 PM
    Sweet..glad you have it up and running now!
    08-16-10 10:39 PM
    cant find T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA
    on the last step plz help
    08-17-10 04:10 AM
    cant find T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA
    on the last step plz help
    Go to ur certs and make sure you have it installed it took me a while to find it as well.
    T-Mobile USA, inc. Engineering and Operations CA is the file name not "inv" its a typo. Remember when u save do a battery pull wait like 5 min and go to wifi prefered and it should work

08-17-10 06:20 AM
    this worked on my unlocked 8520! Awesome thread, thanks a bunch op
    08-17-10 09:43 AM
    got to last step but cant find T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

can you plz help
    08-17-10 12:51 PM
    i have a unlocked 9800 torch on tmobile but cannot mms or send a picture through sms
    08-17-10 12:52 PM
    It seems like when I do a battery pull my phone doesn't automatically reconnect to UMA even though it is saved and I have my network set to wifi prefeRred. As I am typing this, I see a setting that says "prompt me when a saved hotspot is found nearby". Does that need to be active?

08-17-10 04:01 PM
    Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

This won't work for AT&T as they don't support UMA calling (But the E-Screens are interesting anyway)

1. Go here and follow the instructions to unlock the Engineering screens. Press ATL+CAP+H on your berry and use that info to fill in the blanks on the linked page.

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

2. Enter the code provided on the blackberry's help screen, you wont actually see anything while you're typing but when you're done the hidden Engineering screens will appear. Use alt for numbers and dont worry about caps.

3. Download these certificates to your berry. (post #2 by otto)

T-Mobile UMA Certificates - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

Then Reboot your Berry ALT-CAPS-DEL

4. Once you have the certs and have rebooted go back into the engineering screen ATL+CAP+H and do the following.

i. At the EScreen select <Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    ii. Select <Utilities>
    iii. Select <Session Manager>
    iv. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <UMA Options>
    v. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <New>
    vi. Enter the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3
    vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

Rebewt and you are all set.
    does this only work for the 9800? I'm trying to follow these steps for my 9000 but step on iv there isn't any uma options.
    08-17-10 07:18 PM
    The 9000 doesn't have a uma chip I don't think.

08-17-10 07:20 PM
163 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD