I'm installing OS 6.0.0.161 for the Torch as I type this - lets get some findings posted up. Whats new/improved?!?
    08-16-10 02:20 PM
    Yup imma wait it out to c what's new & improved. Or maybe ill just download it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 02:38 PM
    I'm in ****** mode today I guess....I can't get dm to recognize the newly installed os ...loaded on comp & it doesnt see it...seems things are a lil diff w/ DM6 as I'm either missing it or something as I'm not seeing the normal file to launch the new OS from in shared folder ...I dug shrink-a-os out of an old folder & its only launching apploader w/ apps viewable..no OS ... I'm the way to nowhere w/ .161 ...go ahead...throw something at me lol
    08-16-10 02:43 PM
    I'm in ****** mode today I guess....I can't get dm to recognize the newly installed os ...loaded on comp & it doesnt see it...seems things are a lil diff w/ DM6 as I'm either missing it or something as I'm not seeing the normal file to launch the new OS from in shared folder ...I dug shrink-a-os out of an old folder & its only launching apploader w/ apps viewable..no OS ... I'm the way to nowhere w/ .161 ...go ahead...throw something at me lol
    Maybe delete Vendor file if there is one?
    08-16-10 02:45 PM
    didnt think to even do so since its an Att only device for the time being...its moving along now...tho it shutdown the device(no screen at all) but its acting like there is a load in progress...report back in a few...thx
    08-16-10 02:56 PM
    I got it running without anything special. First issue, I lose the mouse pointer/cursor and have to slide the keyboard to reset. I was hoping to see BB maps, no such luck
    08-16-10 02:59 PM
    oh my ..... #bb/161 has a whole boot video now w/ a demo on it when ya boot first time ...posting screen cap in a minute...its ALIVE!!
    08-16-10 03:17 PM
    oh my ..... #bb/161 has a whole boot video now w/ a demo on it when ya boot first time ...posting screen cap in a minute...its ALIVE!!
    There is a whole boot video in .141 as well. I saw it when I re-loaded my OS .141 from the official AT&T .141 yesterday.
    08-16-10 03:21 PM
    I got it running without anything special. First issue, I lose the mouse pointer/cursor and have to slide the keyboard to reset. I was hoping to see BB maps, no such luck
    did you also delete the vendor file? I didnt think to but got apps only in apploader w/o deleting it.
    08-16-10 03:22 PM
    So far I have noticed that the tin sound that is there during calls is gone. This is after making 10 or so calls. Other than that seems good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 03:25 PM
    did you also delete the vendor file? I didnt think to but got apps only in apploader w/o deleting it.
    I didnt. I was curious to see if it would make it without alterations first
    08-16-10 03:29 PM
    hmm first off I can clear downloads, which is great. BUT seems that individual email folders are all fracked for me. Hide one and its hides them all. Can't move them to a folder either? Not sure I'll be hanging onto this build.
    08-16-10 03:34 PM
    Keep us posted Adam... I was ready to pull the trigger, but the inability to move email folders is a showstopper for me.
    08-16-10 03:39 PM
    Keep us posted Adam... I was ready to pull the trigger, but the inability to move email folders is a showstopper for me.
    Yeah its pretty whack at the moment. I hid one of my 3 and it hid them all, now I moved them to a folder, but I have them showing in two places and can't move them back to Home. Not sure WTH is going on.
    08-16-10 03:44 PM
    Scratch that, maps is there but I had to use shortcut me to launch
    08-16-10 03:47 PM
    I only use the one main folder all my messages so thats of no concern for me....I'm super happy w/ the 3rd party b/u w/ DM6
    08-16-10 03:49 PM
    it's snappier... ; > jk

nothing new so far.. when i booted my phone it said i had 7 vms and i have 2 other icons in the notification bar with small vm icons next to it..

i had no vm's and i have no idea what those other two icons were..

i pulled the battery and they were gone
    08-16-10 03:50 PM
    is touch screen working properly or still lagged?
    08-16-10 03:50 PM
    Yeah its pretty whack at the moment. I hid one of my 3 and it hid them all, now I moved them to a folder, but I have them showing in two places and can't move them back to Home. Not sure WTH is going on.
    hmm odd..

i have 3 emails and 2 are hidden.. it works fine for me

is touch screen working properly or still lagged?
    my touch had no lag in .141 and no lag now

i never had tin sound and still don't have it
    08-16-10 03:53 PM
    So did they do something to compensate for the super light/exposed lock button, like require a double click?

And did they change the call log so it doesn't dial at the slightest tap on the page?
    08-16-10 04:09 PM
    threaded email for Gmail is working for me now.
    08-16-10 04:19 PM
    updating right now
    08-16-10 04:41 PM
    Okay so far i know i'm not bugging out, but now the picture gallery loads up instant, before it loaded one by one even after i did a factory reset on the first firmware. With this one it just pops up.

The font now shows you how the font look in the list before you change...

[edit2] Hope this is not a placebo like when i had my nexus one/ captivate but email setup was a flash before loading up took a little now its faster...
    Last edited by mykenyc; 08-16-10 at 05:10 PM.
    08-16-10 05:06 PM
    Adam, I pulled the trigger. My email is where it should be in it's own mail folder. Something is seriously wrong on your side of things. Weird thing I will mention is upon reboot there was sound for the intro video but screen was black. I did a battery pull and made sure video was working on reboot. The intro videos are at the bottom of the setup menu's.
    08-16-10 05:50 PM
    Is there any way to get messages to display in one line (not two) in the messages folder?

Ken
    08-16-10 06:25 PM
129 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD