Got into the beta this morning (insomnia is occasionally a good thing) so I decided to snap a few pics of it for those who couldn't get in. Normally I wouldn't post something simple like this, or this many pictures, but with only 500 invites (stupid small in my opinion) a lot of people didn't get in, and this is a HUGE app for Blackberry. I use Dropbox every day on several machines.

Enjoy!

Some important things missing:

- Upload files (non-pictures)
    - Move files
    - Delete files
    - Create/Delete folders

Things I'm not sure about yet:

- What the "cache" is and/or where it's stored

Things I hope to see added:

- All the things listed in the important missing things
    - SD Card support (storing and reading from)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

07-31-10 02:36 AM
    OH well, i wrote a complete post for this but i didnt have the "points" to post fotos �� well. sorry :O So here u have some screenshots

Working on a Storm 2 9550 .713

db.tt/xf7O5U <--- add the http

I EVEN CANT POST A LINK !!!
    07-31-10 03:44 AM
    So the ability to download a file, edit it it and then upload it again is not there. If this is correct - what advantage over the existing link to the mobile site is there?
    What advantage over sugarsync is there?

The whole point of cloud based storage is to allow you to upload and store and use the cloud like a "my documents" file.
    07-31-10 04:39 AM
    I think the "whole point" is to be able to keep your blackberry memory card up to date with your dropbox files. It's good enough for me if this is all it does. I run drop box on a few computers just to have several backup locations for my files and having those files on my BB rather than having to remember to manually copy them is just awesome. You want to edit your files? Connect your BB to your computer via USB...problem solved.
    07-31-10 07:08 AM
    Not really - I use my blackberry on the move and cannot carry a laptop. I want to be able to edit a file and re upload it so I don't have to store it on my BB. Like I can with sugar synch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 01:00 PM
    Well it is a beta so I expect a lot more features to be added. I think this was just to let the BB users out there know they really were working on a Dropbox app and they wanted to show something for it. Hope the good work turns into something great.
    07-31-10 02:00 PM
    Not really - I use my blackberry on the move and cannot carry a laptop. I want to be able to edit a file and re upload it so I don't have to store it on my BB. Like I can with sugar synch.
    +1 I need to be able sync both ways and to ensure files edited/changed/deleted etc. on by BB are making their way back to the PCs...

Well it is a beta so I expect a lot more features to be added. I think this was just to let the BB users out there know they really were working on a Dropbox app and they wanted to show something for it. Hope the good work turns into something great.
    I had incredibly high hopes for this app! Its a bid deal coming to the BB platform, and I too hope like all **** they work some additional features into this. Maybe some of the new BB6 APIs could help in this regard.
    07-31-10 02:37 PM
    Docs2Go + Dropbox (once you can download, edit, and upload files) = EPIC
    07-31-10 04:07 PM
    anybody have a work around on this beta yet???
    07-31-10 05:36 PM
    Love it...
    07-31-10 05:38 PM
    anybody have a work around on this beta yet???
    Can't. There have been several OTA and .cod leaks, but it's locked via Dropbox's servers. When you signup for the beta you login and your account is allowed access to the beta. If you get the app, but aren't signed up you get a login error.
    07-31-10 05:49 PM
    Can't. There have been several OTA and .cod leaks, but it's locked via Dropbox's servers. When you signup for the beta you login and your account is allowed access to the beta. If you get the app, but aren't signed up you get a login error.
    The word "can't" does not exist for us crackberry peeps!!!! Cmon peeps!!!! Make it happen!! LoL

07-31-10 06:02 PM
    What is the app that has the duck/bird icon?
    08-03-10 01:12 PM
    What is the app that has the duck/bird icon?
    Quackbot

10char
    08-03-10 02:10 PM
    So the ability to download a file, edit it it and then upload it again is not there. If this is correct - what advantage over the existing link to the mobile site is there?
    What advantage over sugarsync is there?

The whole point of cloud based storage is to allow you to upload and store and use the cloud like a "my documents" file.
    The difference is, Sugarsync actually Sugarsucked and hopefully this actually works.
    08-03-10 02:44 PM
    With this APP, I can upload my music and listen to it via the APP.

Are you able to upload and watch a video?
    10-17-10 09:32 AM
    sendtodropbox.com. ...temp workaround to upload files to db

10-17-10 04:08 PM
    I was thinking about using drop box just to store my music and pictures. So is it pretty good? I'm at work kinda busy thought I see what every body thinks about it. And just to see if its good for saving picture and music and I can clear up some memory on my bb?

10-17-10 06:08 PM
    I was thinking about using drop box just to store my music and pictures. So is it pretty good? I'm at work kinda busy thought I see what every body thinks about it. And just to see if its good for saving picture and music and I can clear up some memory on my bb?

oh ya..def worth it ... not to mention, FREE
    no reason not to sign up & start using it for some free online & safe storage

if you want some extra space on to of your initial sign up of free 2 GB, use this link. it'll give you extra & myself extra for the referral, thanks in advance.

http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTM0NTU1Mzg5
    10-17-10 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD