The only way that is going to fix anything is if you get a Rogers 9700 and stay on their network. This isnt a handset issue its clearly something with the network!
    Oh yes I know! But who could turn down an offer for a shiny new bold! They had better fix this soon. I also noticed that it doesn't happen at all when connected to BIS on wifi.

Cam

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 07:57 AM
    I am having problems with a few things... May not be BB fault may be my error... I downloaded a dm last night and tryed to copy contacts... Well I messed up somewhere because my berrybuzz is messed up and will not let me set a led for my yahoo account and everything went back to default... ? It also will not let me back up my phone and I think I accidentally restored it... I am a mess lol any help? Thanks!

12-29-09 09:19 AM
    I'm convinced there's a problem in the 5.0.0.57 "fix" they pushed following the outage. My old version worked fine. I had skipped the 2 updates they claimed caused the outage but ever since I've updated to .57 on my ATT 9000, the things been locking up and requiring a battery pull to get back up and running. Getting lots of "wait" indicators I didn't have before the update as well.
    12-29-09 11:54 AM
    Oh yes I know! But who could turn down an offer for a shiny new bold! They had better fix this soon. I also noticed that it doesn't happen at all when connected to BIS on wifi.

Cam

You are right this doesn't happen on wifi... Bbm's work the way that they should and emails and everything is fine on a wifi connection.

Did getting a new phone solve your issue? Did you also get a new sim card? One telus technician told me I might want to try a new sim but they said I'd have to buy one and sim cards aren't refundable if it doesn't work... I'm still within my exchange period but I really don't want to have to go through the hassel if that doesn't fix anything. I got a ticket opened with the tech people... They better give me a better answer than get a new phone...

12-29-09 03:56 PM
    You are right this doesn't happen on wifi... Bbm's work the way that they should and emails and everything is fine on a wifi connection.

Did getting a new phone solve your issue? Did you also get a new sim card? One telus technician told me I might want to try a new sim but they said I'd have to buy one and sim cards aren't refundable if it doesn't work... I'm still within my exchange period but I really don't want to have to go through the hassel if that doesn't fix anything. I got a ticket opened with the tech people... They better give me a better answer than get a new phone...

I'm day two with a new phone and no, it solved nothing as I and we all suspected. My ticket is open once again, and as I talk to more people with the new HSPA berry's on Telus and Bell, It seems the problem is more widespread than initially thought.

Nice new Bold though!

Cam
    12-30-09 12:10 PM
    I'm convinced there's a problem in the 5.0.0.57 "fix" they pushed following the outage. My old version worked fine. I had skipped the 2 updates they claimed caused the outage but ever since I've updated to .57 on my ATT 9000, the things been locking up and requiring a battery pull to get back up and running. Getting lots of "wait" indicators I didn't have before the update as well.

I completely agree with you. Before this update, I had no problems with BBM. Now, I keep getting random notifications and I have no conversations, requests, group requests, etc...and the notification icon won't disappear unless i delete bbm and re-download it..
    12-30-09 12:15 PM
    Have you downloaded the new blackberry messenger? if so, thats the problem. Blackberry is having some serious issues with the latest update.
    12-30-09 12:44 PM
    yeah I updated to the newest blackberry messenger..this is driving me crazy!
    12-30-09 03:19 PM
    I don't think that this particular issue is a version issue. I've been having these delays ever since I got my bold2 and had the same issues on the stock rom bbm. I also had these problems on .55, .56, and .57. What's strange is that when I travelled across the country for 2 weeks the issue stopped happening but returning to my home area the problem came back. So I don't think its a version issue based on my experience. What I do think though that it is a problem with the way the RIM NOC is communicating with the telus and bell servers. I don't know if anyone else is having the same issues on other carriers because it does seem to be predominately a bell and telus hspa issue.

12-30-09 04:07 PM
    I have a bold 9700 and on t-mobile and i'm having the same problem with BBM since the blackout. some of my messages don't get delivered and i don't get many of the messages sent to me. and after couple of hours, i receive a flood of messages that were stuck somewhere!
    browsing and downloading apps sucks too but sometimes work just fine!
    12-31-09 01:16 PM
    Having the same problem with my Rogers unlocked Blackberry Bold 9000 on the Fido network (which really is the same network as the Rogers network) and I am in North York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    Problems have also been happening ever since the great BIS outage.
    Troubles happen intermittently with messaging a friend of mine in London, England who is on a BES server. I'm having no problems messaging my friends in the USA or Canada.
    01-08-10 02:42 PM
    It seems to be based on what cell towers your catching too. I noticed that in some area's it'll be acting up like we describe, and in others it works like a charm. The area by my house won't work properly ever, but when I drive 10 min down the road it works great. Same thing in other pockets of the GTA, some areas are perfect, others are back to the ol problem again.

Cam
    01-08-10 05:43 PM
    It seems to be based on what cell towers your catching too. I noticed that in some area's it'll be acting up like we describe, and in others it works like a charm. The area by my house won't work properly ever, but when I drive 10 min down the road it works great. Same thing in other pockets of the GTA, some areas are perfect, others are back to the ol problem again.

Cam
    Interesting.
    I am just east of the Allen Road north of Wilson Station...I'm going to also try to go to a different area of the city and see what happens.
    01-09-10 01:44 PM
    It seems that since the short outage yesterday, my BBM/PIN/Data is working as it should again for the most part. Perhaps this was a reboot on RIM's side for a solution to the HSPA problems most of us have been experiencing. I have not had to manually reconcile once since everything came back to life yesterday afternoon.

Cam
    01-18-10 09:17 AM
    I am still having BBM issues but pretty much only I am using 3G when I am at YorkU Keele Campus. (Problem was still present today)
    01-20-10 01:53 AM
    My BBM isn't working at all... nothing's going thru. My AOL IM takes 4 hours to deliver a message. So far the 9700 and Bell have NOT impressed me.
    01-26-10 05:23 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD