post it up

blue for positive
    red for negative

quit posting about QuickLaunch...we know its broken
    Last edited by DonNguyen; 05-20-09 at 12:26 PM.
    05-20-09 02:10 AM
    New MR2 Submission (4.7.0.148)

Enhancements to prevent some rare occasions, where the viewfinder of the camera may have remained enabled and caused the device to become unresponsive.

Enhancements to prevent intermittent resets under various circumstances.

Enhancements to prevent some cases where when using a wired headset while on a call, you may not have been able to change the audio path to handset or speakerphone.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when receiving a voice call, the device may have displayed a blank screen.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when receiving a voice call while on another voice call, the device may have not displayed the Caller ID of the incoming call.

Enhancements to prevent the condition where when the battery became low enough that the connection to the wireless network was turned off, when the device was plugged back into the charger, the connection might not have turned back on automatically once the battery was sufficiently charged.

Enhancements to prevent when exiting standby mode, pressing any of the four hard keys would unlock the device. Password-disabled devices will not exit standby mode unless the lock key is pressed to unlock the device.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where the device might freeze when receiving an incoming call.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where a phone call was placed when the device was in lock mode and the user tried to open the virtual keyboard, the keyboard might not have displayed.

Enhancements to prevent some occasions where when a user changed the Camera color to any effect, the changes might not have been saved as expected.

Enhancements to prevent an occurrence where if the user was playing an mp3 song on the device at full volume and received an e-mail message while the song was playing, the audio might have been permanently lowered as a result of a problem with the audio boost feature and the user may have been required to set the ring tone to vibrate so as not to receive audible alerts when an e-mail message is received.

Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where if a user was listening to music on the Media Player at the maximum level and received an audio notification that they have received an e-mail, SMS or BlackBerry Messenger message and then the song continued to play, the volume level at which the song was playing might have decreased and the user might not have been able to increase it.

Enhancements to prevent some occurrences where when a user would try to create a custom profile and browse through the tones, the device would not play preview sounds. If the user clicked on the TRY button, it would not play the preview sound.

Enhancements to prevent some rare occurrences where the device would display a blank white screen when receiving an incoming call.

lol, is that cheating?
    05-20-09 02:13 AM
    patches i assume that changelog is everything from .75 till now?
    05-20-09 02:18 AM
    patches i assume that changelog is everything from .75 till now?
    not necessarily...like with the lock issue...that was only in 141
    05-20-09 02:19 AM
    not necessarily...like with the lock issue...that was only in 141
    cool, that is some great info, great time to be a storm owner!
    05-20-09 02:20 AM
    the whole change log was from .75 until now, i just posted the changes from .141 to .148
    05-20-09 02:21 AM
    the way they word the findings on their change log is kinda hard to decipher which ones go to which issues we've seen kinda...

which one addresses the *228 issue?

which one is the tethering freeze from incoming phone call?

etc...
    05-20-09 02:26 AM
    trying for the 3rd time to load it. i keep getting the 507 error.

patches, it was mainly to thank don for the leak lol
    05-20-09 02:40 AM
    mms forwarding hasn't been an issue on .141 and on .148 either...so i guess this is the one you're waiting for farbdogg?
    05-20-09 02:42 AM
    patches, did you post the entire changelog any where? the one you cut those pieces from?
    05-20-09 02:45 AM
    just because i know a million people are gonna ask this (i could care less)

color banding is still there
    05-20-09 02:47 AM
    i dont know if anyone has noticed this, but QL isnt working when i first booted. I'm doing a pull right now to see if it works when i load it back up, but as of right now its not working
    05-20-09 02:47 AM
    patches, did you post the entire changelog any where? the one you cut those pieces from?

the change log included fixes from
    .75>.113
    .113>.141
    and
    .141>.148

but since we've all seen the previous builds, i just posted the new stuff...

and i didn't get the whole thing, i took a picture of it on a computer, and then typed it out later. sorry. maybe someone else who has it can post the whole thing, its like 7 pages long!
    05-20-09 02:49 AM
    what i said earlier has been confirmed after pull

QuickLaunch does NOT work with this update.
    05-20-09 02:50 AM
    i dont know if anyone has noticed this, but QL isnt working when i first booted. I'm doing a pull right now to see if it works when i load it back up, but as of right now its not working
    i don't use QL so i didn't notice it, sorry...

and re: color banding...

it seems quite noticable now, especially on the home screen with the gradient for the light/shadow on the icons, i'm using the default theme, single row...and there are about 3 to 5 distinct segments of different color...my background sort of covers 'em up pretty well, but when i pay close attention they're definately visible.

but it doesn't bother me, i have to look really close to even see them.
    05-20-09 02:52 AM
    what i said earlier has been confirmed after pull

QuickLaunch does NOT work with this update.
    If this is across the board, this will be just slightly less annoying compared to the lock bug.... Tons of people use quicklaunch...
    05-20-09 02:54 AM
    i'm with you patches, color banding is the least of my concerns, but i know everyone on this thing is obsessed with it
    05-20-09 02:54 AM
    I have always had the MMS issue even in .141 unless i manually fix it, can someone who has also had this issue 100% confirm that .148 is fixed without messing with files to get working?

Anyone noticing any lag while typing? I hope they can improve this, this has been driving me up a wall since i got the phone at launch.

Thanks
    05-20-09 02:59 AM
    If this is across the board, this will be just slightly less annoying compared to the lock bug.... Tons of people use quicklaunch...
    Yeah, including me
    i hid every damn thing in the menu so i could access it with quicklaunch. i do remember in the beginning with .141 that there was a QL problem as well...
    05-20-09 03:01 AM
    To clarify, your mms issue is that you can't create or forward a meage with a picture not taken on the device, correct?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 03:02 AM
    i know it a little early but is the radio better or the same?
    05-20-09 03:11 AM
    with 141 i started with 48mb max, just rebooted first time and started with 54mb
    05-20-09 03:24 AM
    Downloaded and Installed to PC and Storm...

So far no noticeable difference...

Booted up with about 46 of mem...

Seems that going in and out of apps is a bit faster..

I'm getting pretty good reception at the moment, where otherwise I had 1 bar in my house I now have 3 in 1XEV instead of 1xev...

MMS works and no probs sending a pic NOT taken with the storm...had my girl send me a pic and I then turned around and tried to send it to someone and no issue there..

Camera doesn't seem to be any quicker...

That's all I got, for now, that is...
    05-20-09 03:26 AM
    can anyone tell me if the voice recorder actually works when connected to a bluetooth device like a car?
    05-20-09 03:28 AM
    coming from lyricidals 141/5.0 hybrid and not running for too long but:

accelerometer lightening
    internet noticeably faster
    lock/unlock very fast
    radio seems about the same
    just launching/exiting windows in general very fast

quick launch bug from .141 still present

hybrid to fix QL hopefully forthcoming
    05-20-09 03:29 AM
1,567 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD