I wouldn't use that service because I literally know everything. Go ahead...ask me a question.
    my brain is like a filing cabinet too.. which makes me want to start a new thread.. "ask me anything". we could go halves on it 1 2 and just answer any question people want to ask
    Need I say more, ask away people!
    04-26-09 03:28 PM
    OK, let me be the first.

How do they make Green Tea Decaf. Good luck you two!
    04-26-09 03:37 PM
    dang it wolf! i cant get anything done around here
    04-26-09 03:37 PM
    there is no such thing as decaf coffee or tea.. there will always be a little caffeine in anything that has caffeine.
    04-26-09 03:38 PM
    dang it wolf! i cant get anything done around here
    You can answer my ing question!
    04-26-09 03:38 PM
    OK, let me be the first.

How do they make Green Tea Decaf. Good luck you two!
    They remove the caffeine....NEXT!!!
    04-26-09 03:39 PM
    Untrue my friend, decaf green tea is decaf.
    04-26-09 03:39 PM
    This site is lame, but what do you want for free!
    04-26-09 03:40 PM
    i respectfully disagree you cant take all of the caffeine out of anything
    04-26-09 03:42 PM
    Untrue my friend, decaf green tea is decaf.
    Yeah I pretty much gathered that by the subject matter of your question...

...but here's a couple ways...

A cup of green tea contains about 15 to 30 mg of caffeine, a stimulant affecting the central nervous system. It is an important quality in green tea providing bitterness. Dr Andrew Weil, the noted Doctor and Nutritionist provides a simple solution to eliminate caffeine in tea without having to depend on decaffenated tea (which also bleeds off some of the nutrients in the decaffenation process). Dr Weil states that you can remove most of the caffeine on your own with a very simple process. All you have to do is steep the tea for 45 seconds in hot water and then pour off the liquid. Next, add more hot water and steep as you normally would to brew a cup of that tea. Up to 80 percent of the caffeine is released in the first infusion of water so only minimal amounts will remain when you add water the second time. This method eliminates very little of the tea's flavor and aroma.

Processed decaffenated tea undergoes one of two processes: One, which makes use of the solvent ethyl acetate, retains only 30 percent of the polyphenols. The other is a preferable, natural process that uses only water and carbon dioxide and is called “effervescence.” It retains 95 percent of the healthy polyphenols.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 04-26-09 at 03:47 PM.
    04-26-09 03:45 PM
    Yeah I pretty much gathered that by the subject matter of your question...

...but here's a couple ways...

Dr Andrew Weil, the noted Doctor and Nutritionist provides another simple solution to eliminate caffeine in tea without having to depend on decaffenated tea (which also bleeds off some of the nutrients in the decaffenation process). Dr Weil states that you can remove most of the caffeine on your own with a very simple process. All you have to do is steep the tea for 45 seconds in hot water and then pour off the liquid. Next, add more hot water and steep as you normally would to brew a cup of that tea. Up to 80 percent of the caffeine is released in the first infusion of water so only minimal amounts will remain when you add water the second time. This method eliminates very little of the tea's flavor and aroma.

Processed decaffenated tea undergoes one of two processes: One, which makes use of the solvent ethyl acetate, retains only 30 percent of the polyphenols. The other is a preferable, natural process that uses only water and carbon dioxide and is called �effervescence.� It retains 95 percent of the healthy polyphenols.

thank you 1 2. its a similar process for the manufacturers.. but they still cant get all of the caffeine out.
    04-26-09 03:48 PM
    How many times a day do you blink?
    The average person blinks 10,000 - 20,000 times a day. I personally probably blink considerably more than that considering I have allergies.
    04-26-09 03:51 PM
    If you look down at the chart below, you would see that decaf tea contains approximately 2 gm of caffeine per serving. Based on the fact that green tea is at the most half the caffeine level of black, that puts decaf green tea at a maximum of 1 gm per serving. An insignificant amount IMO.

Thank you for actually researching, there's hope for this site yet!
    04-26-09 03:52 PM
    thank you 1 2. its a similar process for the manufacturers.. but they still cant get all of the caffeine out.
    Exactly. One is only able to remove enough caffeine for it to be considered "decaffeinated".
    04-26-09 03:53 PM
    could you call pepsi "sugar free pepsi" if it had 1 gram of sugar in it?
    (this is just one of my pet peeves, because the coffee industry misinforms the public about decaf)
    Last edited by kwmksavage; 04-26-09 at 03:58 PM.
    04-26-09 03:55 PM
    If you look down at the chart below, you would see that decaf tea contains approximately 2 gm of caffeine per serving. Based on the fact that green tea is at the most half the caffeine level of black, that puts decaf green tea at a maximum of 1 gm per serving. An insignificant amount IMO.

Thank you for actually researching, there's hope for this site yet!
    Yes, but your question was "How do they make Green Tea Decaf?". That means your starting with a regular green tea base and naturally or chemically removing most of the caffeine. Therefore explaining the process of removal as you originally asked.
    04-26-09 03:57 PM
    could you call pepsi "sugar free pepsi" if it had 1 gram of sugar in it?
    (this is just one of my pet peeves, because the coffee industry misinforms the public about decaf)
    Funny you should mention that, notice what they now call Sugar Free Hot Chocolate:

04-26-09 04:00 PM
    How many standard bricks are in a square yard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 04:11 PM
    Funny you should mention that, notice what they now call Sugar Free Hot Chocolate:

ya see, this is the reason i dont like grocery shopping anymore.. all these advertising "work arounds" so you can fool people.. "no sugar added"
    "light" means more sugar and more salt.. "low fat" and the serving size is half a teaspoon.. its crazy
    04-26-09 04:12 PM
    This one is for Jason!
    Do you wanna me?
    Last edited by thinkamp; 04-26-09 at 04:29 PM.
    04-26-09 04:19 PM
    oops double post.
    the first one will probably get deleted.
    04-26-09 04:19 PM
    Funny thing about packaging and company claims, fat free almost always means lots more sugar.

04-26-09 04:26 PM
    This one is for Jason!
    Do you wanna me?
    Wow! That's a pretty bold question. Probably not gonna be answered though.
    04-26-09 04:34 PM
    Alright I see how it is.
    04-26-09 04:35 PM
    Well, 1 2 is an engineer so here goes:
    The mlss concentration in an activated sludge air basin is rising, the DO is dropping, the effluent suspended solids from the final clarifier are increasing and sludge in the secondary clarifier is bulking (floating). What would you suspect the problem is, and what would you do to solve it?

04-26-09 04:39 PM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD