I leave the bluetooth on all the time. I don't feel the need to fiddle with the phone every time I get in or out of my vehicle.

I have the brightness set to 100, nice and bright and colorful!

I have the timer set to 2 minutes! I don't have to make sure I move the trackball to keep it lit if I'm distracted by something else for a bit.

While I'm at my desk, my BB sits in the charging stand.

It's a tool and I use it to the fullest! Use the battery as a tool. It's the easiest part of the phone to replace!
    01-16-09 06:28 AM
    I'm new to BB, so I really appreciate these tips! Thanks!!
    02-09-09 12:51 PM
    This is a helpful thread. Thanks for all the info.

In the same vein. Who uses extended batteries and what are the opinions? How much do they really make a difference? And how annoying are the big batteries that add to the thickness of the berry?
    02-09-09 02:03 PM
    This is a helpful thread. Thanks for all the info.

In the same vein. Who uses extended batteries and what are the opinions? How much do they really make a difference? And how annoying are the big batteries that add to the thickness of the berry?

I actually used a seidio extended battery for my 8320. Just got my curve 8900 and have another extended battery on the way. Combined with the autostandby app it added an enitire day of life to my 8320. Im curious to see how it will perform with my 8900.
    02-10-09 12:59 AM
    There is a dozen solid things I could list to save battery life. But not a big issue now with Storm OS.99 (vs .75). Easy 48hrs with light to moderate usuage.
    02-10-09 01:12 AM
    If the mute/standby button on top is activated can you still recieve calls?
    03-21-09 02:46 PM
    If the mute/standby button on top is activated can you still recieve calls?
    yes.. that is stated earlier in the thread
    03-21-09 03:02 PM
    I never realized Bluetooth drained your battery when it is not in use. Thanks for the tip!
    ~ Newbie ~
    03-23-09 08:10 PM
    My $0.02

Another notorious battery eater is streaming radio. I have been using IHeartRadio every day since downloading it a week ago and I definitely notice a huge battery drain. Now I mainly use it in my car (with car charger plugged in) or at my desk (with mini-USB plugged in).

The suggestions made in this thread are all very good ones, though one or two took some getting used to. I use the mute key religiously every time I holster in a pouch without a magnet and I have gotten into the habit of exiting out of every app when I am done using it. I've never had a problem with my battery expiring during a single day's use, and I'm a pretty heavy user.
    03-23-09 09:29 PM
    Here is a quick question, may be dumb, but I knew the mute button put the phone in standby, but does if I push that during a call I would assume it mutes it too correct? or is it just for standby mode?
    Also what is exactly happening in standby mode?
    03-23-09 09:50 PM
    yes, it just mutes during calls
    03-23-09 09:57 PM
    My is lasting very short time... I've made note of some of the things mentioned in this thread and implemented them today, including standby...As someone asked, what the standby actually shut off? b/c you can still see your home screen, just says it's in standby... is that what automatically happens when you put it in a holster (for those that use a holster)?

Exiting Google maps, automatically shuts off tracking? Like someone said if that thing is tracking me 24/7, that would drain the battery.. I think I don't have it on auto tracking bc when I flip to google map , I have to make it find my location....

Today, for example, I was on a 1 hr 45 minute conference call and it went to red ... HOW LONG are your batteries lasting in TALK TIME?

tks
    03-26-09 12:12 PM
    one of the best threads I've read so far, thanks for all the great info. And who keeps telling us to charge our batteries only when they are low? Why do we all think that?
    03-26-09 03:39 PM
    Awesome thread, was trying to find out this very thing. So much misinformation about batteries out there. This site is great!
    03-26-09 05:58 PM
    What does putting it on 'bedside mode" do?
    05-14-09 05:35 PM
    Some holsters have them in the back. Try placing your phone in with the screen facing the back of the holster(while the screen is on of course, so you can tell if it goes off) I have a holster from Sprint and was told by the salespeople that it didn't put the phone into standby, but with the screen facing the back, lo and behold it does! I know not all holsters do this, but hey, it's worth a try.
    Here I was thinking that the holster that I had didn't put my Curve in standby mode - but, thanks to your post, I realize that it does!!! Thanks for mentioning that it might wrok if put in backwards!
    05-14-09 06:19 PM
    if my battery was like 20% is it ok to charge it and take it off after 5 or ten minutes? will it damage the battery? im always in a rush ( i always forget to charge it at night xD )
    x
    05-20-09 01:17 PM
    I think with all that being said, something is wrong with vodafone network. It still drain my battery. Im using a 1600mah battery and no difference. The 2600mah will spoil my bb 9500's shape lol.
    08-24-09 11:36 AM
    Thanks Jen, if theres one thing i feel confident about helping people with its battery issues. Im a freak when it comes to getting the maximum time/life out of my battery.
    My battery on my 8330 is horrible, but i think its because i dont know how to shut off my apps... i have gps apps, pandora, weatherchannel, and for all i know theyre constantly running. i'd be very happy if i could find a task killer or something to shut all that off when i'm not using it... any idea? :-/
    12-10-09 07:30 PM
    hit the menu button twice and then select switch application. From there go into whatever you want to close and hit menu and look for close or exit, or hit the escape button next to the call end button. That ends most tasks.
    12-10-09 07:34 PM
    If i was to put my phone in standby overnight, will my alarm still work?
    12-10-09 08:15 PM
    Mute =stand by....very useful tip....THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!
    I did not know till now!!!
    12-11-09 03:42 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD