Why in my q10 not find BGSHELL in bbword?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 06:39 PM
    Hello Hamed,

I have a couple questions before I dig into deep waters

1.- Do I need to delete the "original" Whatsapp before I start with the install steps?
    2.- Will I loose my chats if I delete the Whatsapp (the original that works on BB10)
    3.- What happens if a new release is available, can you make a "normal" update (as usual).
    4.- Can I install and make the folders in a working SD card? (the one that already been using in my Passport and contains files)

If some obvious questions are been asked, I prefer to be in a safe side and not loose any data.

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow when my mind is clear.

I can't install BGshell in Passport (unavailable for this device)
    05-24-17 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Try via this link

Check out BG SSH-SCP-SFTP free in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19204890

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    05-24-17 11:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    You should find it here:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19204890

@Rendergroup

The answer is always: YES!
    05-24-17 11:11 PM
    Thanks jafrut !
    I just found it.
    05-24-17 11:11 PM
    Hello Hamed,

I have a couple questions before I dig into deep waters

1.- Do I need to delete the "original" Whatsapp before I start with the install steps?
    2.- Will I loose my chats if I delete the Whatsapp (the original that works on BB10)
    3.- What happens if a new release is available, can you make a "normal" update (as usual).
    4.- Can I install and make the folders in a working SD card? (the one that already been using in my Passport and contains files)

If some obvious questions are been asked, I prefer to be in a safe side and not loose any data.

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow when my mind is clear.

I can't install BGshell in Passport (unavailable for this device)
    It's a hit and missed.
    If i'm not mistaken, on the last WhatsApp build for BB10, there's a function to backup your chats so that you can copy paste that backup to your android device.
    Works basically the same way. But you might need to do a first time backup and restore to the android WhatsApp on your Passport.
    And then move the right folder to the right location so that the android WhatsApp can detect that backup and restore it.

After all that done, you can start doing the instruction on the first page of this thread.

via Red Passport on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2163
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    05-24-17 11:16 PM
    Whats app cant send gif file from sd and its not a missing features for this instructions its just for whatsapp limited

You can send gif from emojis >gif

Posted via CB11
    Should I connect my Z3 smartphone to desktop to do this?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 12:52 AM
    Should I connect my Z3 smartphone to desktop to do this?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Only sd card and your BlackBerry
    05-25-17 02:41 AM
    Nope. Only sd card and your BlackBerry
    When I share photo it says this
    Finally, the Android WhatsApp media sharing problem is solved!-img_20170525_131209.png

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 02:43 AM
    When I share photo it says this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170525_131209.png 
Views:	329 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	423866

Posted via CB10
    Hi
    First test with jpg format files if not

Maybe You go wrong in bgshell commands

Take some screen shot from commends that you write and another from Android folder that you created and move WhatsApp folder there then send us to help you

Posted via CB11
    05-25-17 03:51 AM
    Thank you,
    It works smooth as butter
    God Bless you
    05-25-17 06:51 AM
    Well...

Installed and works but...

A couple of important things I'm missing

I can't restore my conversations I left in the original Whatsapp.
    Before I installed the android version I didn't backup the messages for the android version, because I haven't installed, so I didn't know where to put that backup.

I need to have that conversations NOW, because I have important things I left in that chats.

If I go backwards and put the original folder I move to their location, can I fire up again the original Whatsapp?.
    05-25-17 10:49 AM
    Well...

Installed and works but...

A couple of important things I'm missing

I can't restore my conversations I left in the original Whatsapp.
    Before I installed the android version I didn't backup the messages for the android version, because I haven't installed, so I didn't know where to put that backup.

I need to have that conversations NOW, because I have important things I left in that chats.

If I go backwards and put the original folder I move to their location, can I fire up again the original Whatsapp?.
    Hi
    If u delete android Whatsapp u can install original again but if u go back
    I don't think it works and your chats appear or back
    Because of whats app security

Its not good reason you didn't backup because u didn't know where to put

If chats were important you should backup them anyway
    You could backup and saved it in any folder you liked

Then when installed android version from the beginning, choose restore

I must edit article and mentioned backup their chats

Posted via CB11
    05-25-17 11:32 AM
    Hamed,

Thanks for your suggestions, this is what I did and thankfully it worked.

Deleted the android version, fired up again the original Whatsapp, exported my chats for android version and copied to the SD card (whatsapp file, with lowercase), then pasted that folder inside the Whatsapp (I know that's not the best approach), finally installed the android version and now I have all my conversations

I'm trying now to restore or get the original notification sound for Whatsapp it's a file called "Crisp" , some bugs I've found with the android version is that the predictive box text sometimes blocks, hides or disappears.
    The most important is that Whatsapp is working

Thanks!
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    05-25-17 11:40 AM
    Great effort, thank you! Will try tonight

Posted via CB10
    Delete step 3
    05-26-17 01:03 AM
    Delete step Android Assistant
    05-26-17 01:10 AM
    Just changed whatsapp by inserting Android WhatsApp to my Z30 with your solution, it all works well!!! Many Thanks for your solution!!!

From my awesome Z30
    05-26-17 06:28 AM
    How do you manage your notifications?
    I only get a blinking red light, nevertheless I set up as green light , the sound notification is not as louder as the original.

Do you have the same results?.
    05-26-17 09:24 AM
    Got the Red star both in Hub and in WhatsApp icon, Just as before, I did not check if there' s also the green RGB light, I will do. For now, it's okay

From my awesome Z30
    05-26-17 09:48 AM
    Actually I have the same sound as before, but RGB is red, not green. I will try to change as before

From my awesome Z30
    05-26-17 09:51 AM
    And to change RGB colour, Just go to settings/notifications/profiles/whatsapp/colour, as usual

From my awesome Z30
    05-26-17 09:56 AM
    And to change RGB colour, Just go to settings/notifications/profiles/whatsapp/colour, as usual

From my awesome Z30
    Exactly
    For change rgb go there

Dont change rgb color with app notification setting ,if you do with app maybe rgb dont work and need re-install whatsapp again

Posted via CB11
    05-26-17 10:05 AM
    Hi Everyone!,

I read the post in detail (included all the comments) and really, for me, is the best choice to use the native Android's WhatsApp!.

Hamed, really, you've done an awesome work!, many many thanks, you've saved a lot of BB10 hearts and souls!.

I have a powerful BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 with 10.3.3.2205 OS version.
    For now, I use the native BB10 version of WhatsApp and I have some doubts after June 30 for implement those four steps:

1) I often make backups of my conversations. I know that it is difficult, but could I restore the native backup version of BB10 in the WhatsApp APK version ?. I've read that the type of extensions of the backup files of each versions are different. BB10 is -> *.db.crypt and APK Android is -> *.db.crypt12, both of them are saved in the device, in different folders.

2) After followed those steps, what's gonna happen when we need to upgrade the WhatsApp APK version?. Can we keep our data in our MicroSD ?

3) If I've understood well: do we not need to install any patchs to send multimeda files?. Only following those steps is enough?

4) For the step 4-> Can I use this BG Shell version ? (it's called BG SSH-SCP-SFTP free): https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...04890/?lang=en

Thanks for all!

Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

PD: I already recommended this link to all of my BB10 friends!
    05-26-17 10:43 AM
    Hi Everyone!,

I read the post in detail (included all the comments) and really, for me, is the best choice to use the native Android's WhatsApp!.

Hamed, really, you've done an awesome work!, many many thanks, you've saved a lot of BB10 hearts and souls!.

I have a powerful BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 with 10.3.3.2205 OS version.
    For now, I use the native BB10 version of WhatsApp and I have some doubts after June 30 for implement those four steps:

1) I often make backups of my conversations. I know that it is difficult, but could I restore the native backup version of BB10 in the WhatsApp APK version ?. I've read that the type of extensions of the backup files of each versions are different. BB10 is -> *.db.crypt and APK Android is -> *.db.crypt12, both of them are saved in the device, in different folders.

2) After followed those steps, what's gonna happen when we need to upgrade the WhatsApp APK version?. Can we keep our data in our MicroSD ?

3) If I've understood well: do we not need to install any patchs to send multimeda files?. Only following those steps is enough?

4) For the step 4-> Can I use this BG Shell version ? (it's called BG SSH-SCP-SFTP free): https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...04890/?lang=en

Thanks for all!

Regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

PD: I already recommended this link to all of my BB10 friends!
    Hi thanks dear
    Thanks for recommend to all bb10 friends

1. by myself didnt test backup from bb10 to android but some users said it works, first backup bb10 chats to a special folder then install android WA and move bc file to whatsapp folder then need restore from beginning of app

2.if you read article carefully I mentioned update reinstall and...not affect on nothing just follow carefully

3.yes enough ,its easy

4.if u use bgshellplus, is better than other because its update in 2016 and works better, however, all commend line app can do this

Posted via CB11
    05-26-17 11:24 AM
    BG shell i not in BB world on my BB pasport, where caan i find the same
    05-27-17 01:29 PM
851 ... 7891011 ...