So I found an inexpensive white Bold on eBay and pulled the trigger! I'm on AT&T and it's an unlocked Telus model. I have BlackBerry Desktop software on my work computer but I'm wondering if making the switch is something I should do either outside of working hours or even at home if I borrow the girlfriend's laptop...Basically is it a 10 minute 'just let it do it's thing' process or will there be a lot of needing to sign in to email accounts, setting configuration etc? My phone is pretty central to my job so I just can't have it be out of commission for a long stretch or be so busy getting things all set up again that's it distracting from everything else I should be doing. Also, how does getting BIS switched over to the new device work? Will I have to call in to AT&T?
    05-23-17 08:32 AM
    None SIM phones you usually had to call... might be a place to enter the IMEI number on your AT&T Account webpage.

"should be simple".... but I'd do it at home when you won't need the phone for a while. You will need all your passwords, as I don't think that info carried over.
    05-23-17 11:09 AM
    Ok I kind of figured I would need to enter in passwords but I wasn't sure about the rest of the process. Reading through the instructions on the BlackBerry support site it seemed like they maybe were making it sound a little TOO easy. I'll do it when I get home and report back with how it goes for anyone else that may be curious.
    05-23-17 02:16 PM
    Âre you switching from one BB device to another? If I recall, my Curve->Bold switch was a non-event. It takes time, but just backup one phone and restore to the new one. All my internet, email, etc just gets moved over, I don't think there's any intervention.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-23-17 10:14 PM
    Yes I switched from one 9900 to new 9900. The process itself of backing up the old device, restoring all the info to the new one and swapping over SIM and SD cards and then doing some minor set up of the home screen layout and signing into a few things took about 45 minutes total.
    05-24-17 12:57 PM