But seriously, BB10 diehards won't buy the KEYone because it runs Android.
    I am a seriously satisfied Passport OS10 user. As much I like it and used it as daily driver, I have to agree that it is time to move on. Android has come a long way and the constant improvement and integration of google services like map, drive, plus, apps etc makes it dispensable part of daily usage which sadly OS10 wouldn't be able to offer.

I have moved on, and I find K1 is not a bad substitute for PP although I still wish for K1plus with bigger bezel-less screen and higher specs.
    larry5 likes this.
    05-23-17 01:45 AM
    [citation needed]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia
    05-23-17 02:45 AM
    So subjective. I love bb10, but running a nearly 2.5 year old version of Instagram wasn't ideal. Let's keep things real
    You could have the same problem if you are running Android 2.x.

I'm an Android user since v2.1. I'm quite happy with it, but I know that it needs to be reset from time to time as its performance tends to degrade. Huawei is trying to avoid this with some kind of "autoclean/self-healing" service in their phones so it's a known issue within mobile makers.
    That didn't happened to me with BBOS 10 and I'm using it on my old Q10 that was only reset to return to and older version of the OS. BBOS 10 is dead, but it was though and designed after iOS and Android so you can think it has a more modern base and that's why it performs better than android.

About you Instagram issue, I'm using iGrann Pro and I'm happy with it, did you try it :-)?
    05-23-17 03:06 AM
    You could have the same problem if you are running Android 2.x.

I'm an Android user since v2.1. I'm quite happy with it, but I know that it needs to be reset from time to time as its performance tends to degrade. Huawei is trying to avoid this with some kind of "autoclean/self-healing" service in their phones so it's a known issue within mobile makers.
    That didn't happened to me with BBOS 10 and I'm using it on my old Q10 that was only reset to return to and older version of the OS. BBOS 10 is dead, but it was though and designed after iOS and Android so you can think it has a more modern base and that's why it performs better than android.

About you Instagram issue, I'm using iGrann Pro and I'm happy with it, did you try it :-)?
    Nope, and nor will i. I want a native "out-of-the-box" experience. I used to love fiddling with an os but now, time is money. I love bb10, but the app gap is absolutely annoying and the core reason as to why it failed. Android is fine by me.. I have a few apps and stuff in settings that keeps me more secure than a traditional android would. I'm not a user that has a tin foil hat on(not saying you do, but know some users do) . I know what's out there and just want stuff that works with no issues. I need social media to run a successful business, won't be doing that with old Instagram, or a 3rd party app that may one day stop working on my device and there won't be anything I can do.. Bring on Android, I'm ready to retire my classic/moto x play combo.. Time to carry one device that does it all..
    05-23-17 03:14 AM
    yes,bb10 was a better os than Android but let's be honest, the last real update was two years ago. Most of the apps are just as old. A bunch of them don't even work anymore. Yes, I know some people don't need the apps but by that logic people could still use the 5820 model just as well. I used bb10 for two years. Yes, it is a very reliable OS. But it was abandoned and it will soon be obsolete.
    I completely agree.
    05-23-17 03:17 AM
    Nope, and nor will i. I want a native "out-of-the-box" experience. I used to love fiddling with an os but now, time is money. I love bb10, but the app gap is absolutely annoying and the core reason as to why it failed. Android is fine by me.. I have a few apps and stuff in settings that keeps me more secure than a traditional android would. I'm not a user that has a tin foil hat on(not saying you do, but know some users do) . I know what's out there and just want stuff that works with no issues. I need social media to run a successful business, won't be doing that with old Instagram, or a 3rd party app that may one day stop working on my device and there won't be anything I can do.. Bring on Android, I'm ready to retire my classic/moto x play combo.. Time to carry one device that does it all..
    Understood :-)
    Just a warning, official apps are not always the best. In fact some of them are between the most battery/performance consuming on Android systems:
    https://www.cnet.com/news/whats-kill...-sapping-apps/
    05-23-17 03:27 AM
    I know, I know. There are probably a billion threads like this that I haven't seen. But seriously, BB10 diehards won't buy the KEYone because it runs Android. The OS is basically just software. Why can't it be an option to have BB10 loaded on the phone? It could have an extra price so BB gets the money they want to keep developing BB10, and sales would be higher for basically free. Win-win.
    Are there compatible drivers for the used Snapdragon 625 SoC? I doubt it is *that* easy to simply slap a BB10 installation on a K1 hardware chassis - without drivers and optimizations, it won't work. Why kept BBRY reusing their rather outdated S4 dual-core SoC for both Classic and Z30 when they could've used something more appealing?
    Personally I doubt there even is a BB10 development department left at BlackBerry, even if they still have some developers and software engineers left - I am pretty sure they work on other stuff and won't be recalled to work on that OS again.

Considering the fact how long it took to finally bring out that 10.3.3 update, it seems pretty clear BBRY won't spend any further resources on keeping BB10 alive any longer. It won't come back and BB10 die-hards sooner or later will have to look for alternatives. While I really liked BB10, I absolutely don't mind Android and it can work pretty good.
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-23-17 03:38 AM
    Now a billion and one.
    05-23-17 04:02 AM
    Why isn't there an OS 5 keyone?

Posted via CB10
    mbirth likes this.
    05-23-17 05:59 AM
    Why isn't there an OS 5 keyone?

Posted via CB10
    It would actually rock with DOS.
    05-23-17 09:00 AM
    Let's not assume that everyone is in the dark or in denial in regards to their use of BB10 devices. I know a lot of folks that work in corporations or professional service firms that are hanging on to their BB10 devices, not because they expect some miraculous resurrection, but because their only other option is iOS and they don't want to move to it. Android, while it would appear to be the choice of many former BB10 users, isn't widely accepted in the corporate world due to a perceived issue with excessive malware or security concerns. As such, most of them are pushing their employees to iOS and are denying any Android (including Secured Android) in their environments.
    DonHB and andy957 like this.
    05-23-17 10:11 AM
    Really?.
    I find almost everything better on BB10 than on Android. Android is almost the same internally since the very begining. Layer after Layer of crap. That's why Google is planning to kill it in the near future.
    BB10 was too late too few, but is a better OS than Android.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and Beta was a superior tape format to VHS. Beta faded into commercial obscurity and VHS triumphed (I don't even remember why anymore).
    It happens, unfortunately.

I myself really liked BB10, loved my Classic, but now am on a PRIV because I just could NOT get Google Hangouts working on BB10.
    05-23-17 10:46 AM
    Fuchsia might replace Android somewhere down the road.... or it might not. But I haven't seen anything indicating that would happen anytime soon.
    05-23-17 11:45 AM
    Yes, and Beta was a superior tape format to VHS. Beta faded into commercial obscurity and VHS triumphed (I don't even remember why anymore).
    It happens, unfortunately..
    Both Philips ( V2000) and Sony (Betamax) refused to move into adult movie rental industries whereas VHS did.

Think a further development of Betamax is still used for professional film making.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 12:49 PM
    Moderators need to step and stop these BB10 threads and just make a sticky thread about the many reasons why there will be no more BB10 phones.
    mbirth likes this.
    05-23-17 12:56 PM
    I agree, l have had Z10,Z30/and Passport. Did not want to leave BB10, reality it is dead. Time to move along, no more BB10 devices.
    05-23-17 01:03 PM
    Unfortunately, I have been using a Passport since the launch (and a Z10 before that), so BB10 is what I know. Just curious, what makes the OS 'out dated'. I mean, by me currently using BB10, what am I missing. Please note, this is not about being a 'fan person', I am actually quite curious. I plan on getting another Passport or two, because, I am fine with my phone. If the Window Surface device ever shows up, I would think of switching.
    05-23-17 02:37 PM
    Unfortunately, I have been using a Passport since the launch (and a Z10 before that), so BB10 is what I know. Just curious, what makes the OS 'out dated'. I mean, by me currently using BB10, what am I missing. Please note, this is not about being a 'fan person', I am actually quite curious. I plan on getting another Passport or two, because, I am fine with my phone. If the Window Surface device ever shows up, I would think of switching.
    I stopped using my z30 because the browser was outdated and not working reliably. I had no issue with using the browser instead of apps. I had several shortcuts to Web pages that were like little apps. When I couldn't use them reliably anymore I moved on. If your Web browser doesn't work well on your smartphone then what's the point? I liked bb10 a lot too but had to go back to android
    05-23-17 02:45 PM
    I can respect that, you were using a Z3.0 The web browser on my Passport is working fine, as far as i know.
    05-23-17 02:49 PM
    I know, I know. There are probably a billion threads like this that I haven't seen. But seriously, BB10 diehards won't buy the KEYone because it runs Android. The OS is basically just software. Why can't it be an option to have BB10 loaded on the phone? It could have an extra price so BB gets the money they want to keep developing BB10, and sales would be higher for basically free. Win-win.
    So you're willing to pay extra for a BB10 version of the KEYone that won't get any more OS updates? Because selling this version in the 10's possibly 100's of peoples will so justify the millions of dollars in development that's needed to support updates and etc.
    05-23-17 02:58 PM
    So you're willing to pay extra for a BB10 version of the KEYone that won't get any more OS updates? Because selling this version in the 10's possibly 100's of peoples will so justify the (B)illions of dollars in development that's needed to support updates and etc.
    Could be in the low 1,000's...
    05-23-17 03:46 PM
    While we are on the subject, since I have a fairly new BB Classic that is running the BB10 OS, I am curious how long I will be able to use it before running into problems. Anyone have an estimate?
    05-23-17 03:57 PM
    No problema, just alone in the island

Posted via CB10
    05-23-17 04:09 PM
    While we are on the subject, since I have a fairly new BB Classic that is running the BB10 OS, I am curious how long I will be able to use it before running into problems. Anyone have an estimate?
    It should handle email and SMS fine for a while, but the browser will be the first to be a problem. It is already showing its age.
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    05-23-17 04:26 PM
    Well OP if you're willing to shell out maybe 100M USD, I'm sure BB can develop à BB10 KeyOne just for you!
    05-23-17 04:27 PM
112 1234 ...