Ok so i have had a look and seen many similar issues with this without finding an answer i could use. So apologies if you find this repetitive..

I purchased a passport, it is in "new" condition and apparently was only opened to "check contents" however, the outside of the phone may be in brand new condition but the seller has connected their bb account for some reason.

Blackberry protect seems to be off (if that's relevant)
    But i cannot remove their id or wipe the phone without their password.

I have contacted the seller today showing screenshots of the issue and asking for their password or for them to remove the device from their account online and am waiting for a response. I will give it a couple days and if i don't hear anything I am prepared for the annoying process of getting a refund through ebay or paypal.

But until the seller responds i was wondering if there is ANYTHING that can be done?

I have contacted blackberry but they wont help without me paying for the service.

I was wondering if it's possible to edit the ID and replace it with mine? I've tried clicking edit, but i'm not sure if i can do that without their password again. I cant tell because i'm not connected to internet (i refuse to connect to my internet whilst someone elses account is linked to the device)

I have tried wiping it but it says "the blackberry protect anti-theft feature is on" and obviously requires the password belonging to the seller.

I was wondering, if entering wrong password 10x would do anything to help? I have a feeling it will lock the device after wiping since it says blackberry protect is on (even tho it shows it as off in settings) But id only do this if i know it will remove their blackberry id, which seems too easy considering how secure these devices are.
    Which is great, but you would think blackberry would have foreseen such issues with previous owners and had something in place to help.

Any help would be much apreciated
    05-23-17 08:46 AM
    There is nothing you can do. You need that password and id from the original owner.
    l_hailo likes this.
    05-23-17 08:57 AM
    I had the same issue recently, you can't do anything yourself. But you can go to the blackberry protect page on your desktop and enter their BBID and click forgot password. This way he will get a message in his email address; just in case the seller has no idea what he is doing(at least that was the case with mine haha).

Posted via CB10
    l_hailo likes this.
    05-23-17 09:30 AM
    I wonder how you can not attach with any internet network ?
    It's a basic feature not restricted with ID
    Do not wipe your phone as after wipe you need to key BB ID Pwd so you can move ahead.
    As suggested ask your seller to remove from his ID on BB Protect side
    Confirm twice
    Now wipe your phone and re register with new ID.
    l_hailo likes this.
    05-23-17 11:19 AM
    Thank you all for the answers! indeed it seemed there was nothing i could do.
    This is good to know for the future because now i know how secure the phone will be for me if i were to lose it.

I was worried i'd have to do something complicated like getting the seller to do a bunch of stuff. I got especially worried when i noticed afterwards that the seller has no reviews and never sold or bought anything before.

But LUCKILY they seemed to know what they were doing and i got a response just now with the username, password, secret question and answer. All working.

And now i have a brand new bb passport All good

...now i just need to find a rugged case outside the US to keep the phone pretty and safe...but that's tomorrows problem
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-23-17 11:32 AM
    Nice!
    l_hailo likes this.
    05-23-17 11:34 AM