Shouldn't it be about the device being the right device for you? If it is, then you shouldn't have trouble waiting a few more weeks. It can take months to get the car you ordered or weeks to get a CTO laptop or whatever. I can't believe that people can't wait a few more weeks after waiting months since the announcement. I can't find the post in this thread, but someone said it perfectly - you must just want to throw a tantrum and buy something else to make a point. Meaning, this device obviously isn't the best choice for you, or you'd wait for it.
    05-03-17 02:58 PM
    My Classic is still getting the job done. But, if I really needed a new phone I would NOT wait for the K1. BB is just to damn iffy with release dates.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-03-17 03:23 PM
    My Classic is still getting the job done. But, if I really needed a new phone I would NOT wait for the K1. BB is just to damn iffy with release dates.

So they aren't great with telling you when it's coming, so screw it, you won't get one? You obviously don't want or need it. So it comes a month later, when it does, you're going to say, nope, if i couldn't have you a month ago, i don't want you anymore? Nevermind that it might just be the most productive mobile device in the world, might be exactly the form factor and OS you've been dreaming of, but nope, BB is iffy with their dates, so the heck with it. I'll be less productive to prove a, oh wait, to prove nothing.
    05-03-17 03:27 PM
    It's only productive if I have it in my possession. I remember waiting months and months for the Priv! Do I want the K1? Of course I do! I just have no confidence that it will be available when BB/TCL says it will. Am I frustrated? Yes. Am I the only one? No! Do I care what you say or think about my position?

Take a good guess

So they aren't great with telling you when it's coming, so screw it, you won't get one? You obviously don't want or need it. So it comes a month later, when it does, you're going to say, nope, if i couldn't have you a month ago, i don't want you anymore? Nevermind that it might just be the most productive mobile device in the world, might be exactly the form factor and OS you've been dreaming of, but nope, BB is iffy with their dates, so the heck with it. I'll be less productive to prove a, oh wait, to prove nothing.

05-03-17 05:26 PM
    you must just want to throw a tantrum and buy something else to make a point
    Not really a tantrum for many of us.
    Its more like not wanting to have to always carry 2 phones, BB for writing, the other one for the apps.
    And the real point was, is, a bet:
    should I wait for the K1, and assume it will be well supported in a future consisting in more than a few months, or should I start/try learning how to proficiently type on a VKB?
    Thats a genuine, practical question, no emotions involved.
    I do hope that the K1 will be selling well, because I'd still prefer, now, to type on a PKB.
    But I dont want, on the other hand, to be unprepared for something similar to what is happened to BB10 in the last months (i.e. Classic and Passport not working anymore on many apps).
    05-03-17 07:38 PM
    When the DTEK60 was released, I thought it was the perfect time to experiment with this BlackBerry/Android collaboration. So, I jumped in, bought a DTEK60, and put down the Passport. BAD MOVE on my part. BlackBerry with and Android OS is not a good combination to me. Android is not nearly as smooth. I can't even turn the phone off . . . it simply restarts. The bluetooth is buggy . . . it connects and drops. If I'm listening to a song on YouTube, it drops the bluetooth after the song finishes. Or, if I switch songs before the first song ends, it drops the bluetooth connection and I have to manually reconnect. Icons on the home screen mysteriously disappear. The glass back is another thing that drives me bonkers. I contemplated buying the KeyOne . . . but it is Android, too. They got me once and that was enough for me. Since BlackBerry dropped its OS and the support for its OS, I will go back to the Passport until it dies or I find another OS that I like (not a fan of Apple and their iOS either). I think I am going to try and sell my DTEK60, go back to my Passport for communicating, and buy a Windows phone for everything else. Anybody know of someone who wants a discounted DTEK60 (normal wear and tear on the corners)?
    Bee Gee likes this.
    05-05-17 02:42 PM
    When the DTEK60 was released, I thought it was the perfect time to experiment with this BlackBerry/Android collaboration. So, I jumped in, bought a DTEK60, and put down the Passport. BAD MOVE on my part. BlackBerry with and Android OS is not a good combination to me. Android is not nearly as smooth. I can't even turn the phone off . . . it simply restarts. The bluetooth is buggy . . . it connects and drops. If I'm listening to a song on YouTube, it drops the bluetooth after the song finishes. Or, if I switch songs before the first song ends, it drops the bluetooth connection and I have to manually reconnect. Icons on the home screen mysteriously disappear. The glass back is another thing that drives me bonkers. I contemplated buying the KeyOne . . . but it is Android, too. They got me once and that was enough for me. Since BlackBerry dropped its OS and the support for its OS, I will go back to the Passport until it dies or I find another OS that I like (not a fan of Apple and their iOS either). I think I am going to try and sell my DTEK60, go back to my Passport for communicating, and buy a Windows phone for everything else. Anybody know of someone who wants a discounted DTEK60 (normal wear and tear on the corners)?
    Just stay with your Passport, a second dead OS is just wasting your money. My spouse used a 1520 WP for last 3+ years and stated the same (No reason to start BB10). She went to Android over IOS, but still uses her 1520 on wifi for nostalgia purposes.

Whether you like it or not, your choices are really Android or IOS. Wife says pick mainstream android phone for a different experience over BlackBerry Android.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-17 03:02 PM
    I've been waiting, waiting, waiting - using an almost-dead Classic. Due to start a new job next week and I really need a phenomenal multi-tasker. Have got so sick of waiting with no proactivity on the part of BB Mobile in bringing this to the USA in good time that I literally have run out of time. Getting another device was NOT what I wanted to do - but the Classic won't give me the stuff I need for work and I can't wait any longer. Absolutely LIVID.
    05-06-17 05:01 PM
    As Vader would say, my Passport SE's browser has failed me for the last time. I hate the constant crashes! I want to like the KEYone, but having only 3GB RAM for the Hub plus my other apps scares me. I would hate paying 550 bucks for an Android phone that despite the PKB, will end up being limited somehow. Still, an unlocked KEYone on Verizon by this fall could still be tempting, if I haven't resuscitated my comatose V20 by then. Someone please talk me off the ledge!

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    Bee Gee likes this.
    05-08-17 12:20 AM
    The delays bugged me because I can't wait to see the phone in the wild and read about other people's experiences with it. Obviously I don't care about the delays anymore.
    What concerns me now are the nagging issues floating around (mostly RAM management- and yes, I believe it shouldn't have this problem- no excuses!).
    In fact the delayed release date in most part of the world is an advantage for us because we get to know what real problems this phone has- and what else is there just waiting to be discovered- before we can buy the phone.
    05-08-17 01:24 AM
    This whole situation is just disappointing. I went from the Q10 to Classic to Priv and was really excited to trade my Priv in for the K1 on Verizon but with how it's going it seems like Verizon won't have this for a few more months. I wish I was in the BYOD crowd but the "upgraders" among us here in the US haven't been very well looked after by BB on this release.

Will probably still get a K1 after the first couple price drops after the bugs are ironed out.
    05-09-17 05:31 PM
    This whole situation is just disappointing. I went from the Q10 to Classic to Priv and was really excited to trade my Priv in for the K1 on Verizon but with how it's going it seems like Verizon won't have this for a few more months. I wish I was in the BYOD crowd but the "upgraders" among us here in the US haven't been very well looked after by BB on this release.

Will probably still get a K1 after the first couple price drops after the bugs are ironed out.
    Blame the carriers here in the USA. They don't want BlackBerry and you havent been able to use factory unlocked phones with much success on Verizon if not white listed by them.
    05-09-17 06:18 PM
    In fact, Verizon (where I got my Priv) website no longer shows any Blackberry devices for sale.
    05-10-17 10:43 AM
    Just stay with your Passport, a second dead OS is just wasting your money. My spouse used a 1520 WP for last 3+ years and stated the same (No reason to start BB10). She went to Android over IOS, but still uses her 1520 on wifi for nostalgia purposes.

Whether you like it or not, your choices are really Android or IOS. Wife says pick mainstream android phone for a different experience over BlackBerry Android.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't even have anything to do with it being dead or not, Windows Phone is simply a terrible OS... I had one for a while and couldn't get rid of it fast enough...
    05-11-17 09:18 PM
289 ... 101112