data and MMS works fine but I can't send SMS although I can receive fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-06-17 02:34 PM
    SMS runs on the Voice Network. I'd recommend making a simple phone call which often kick starts stuck SMS. If that doesn't work, call TM.

Hope that helps!
    05-06-17 06:46 PM
    Thanks, I tried this but no luck. If I tell it to send text as mms it'll send but it says "subject:NoSubject" in the top and I don't really want to annoy my contacts with that. I tried calling customer service yesterday as you suggested but they put me on hold for over a half hour sending me to their "specialty BlackBerry department" maybe I'll try it at the office tomorrow
    05-07-17 11:23 AM
    Sorry to hear that didn't help.
    One more thought...have you tried to resend the service books to the BlackBerry? Then reboot? Then Test again...lmk

How to send service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    05-07-17 12:23 PM
    Ok I found the problem- once I followed your link I got an error message that said I needed to call customer care and set up BB internet service. Totally spaced that part! So now I'm debating whether I should... I want to switch between the torch and my 7 plus but I would have to call and wait to get it to switch. My family/coworkers are all on ios so it might get kinda goofy since iMessage sends straight to the iPhone while I'm on wifi but if I'm not on wifi I'd get texts on my torch.... first world problems!!! Lol

My 64gb playbook arrives tomorrow so that might sway me towards going all in.
    05-07-17 08:58 PM
    Is your torch locked (to T-mobile) or unlocked?
    Have you check the service center to see if it is the correct one for T-mobile sms?

Posted from my  Passport
    05-09-17 09:29 AM
    Is your torch locked (to T-mobile) or unlocked?
    Have you check the service center to see if it is the correct one for T-mobile sms?

Posted from my  Passport
    Ended up that T-mobile had a glitch that turned off texting for some customers... they turned it back on and it works fine. Most people I know use iphone so I had no idea since my other phone is a 7 plus

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-09-17 10:07 PM