I have a blackberry torch on a virgin SIM which suddenly won't load email in the messages, plus I can't load the email accounts page, it says for ages its checking the updates, and then says it can't connect to the server, so I can't remove and try again. Its always been fine before, and the email account works fine on other devices. has anyone any ideas that a layperson could try? I'm not all that technically adept but can follow instuctions! I'm at the end of my own ideas
    04-23-17 05:21 AM
    Stupid question:
    #1 . Do you have BIS subscription on your sim-card?

#2 . Do you see BlackBerry dots (4 in no.) beside network signal bars?

#3 . Can you access internet on phone, especially, BB Protect, BBW, and BBM?

Try:

#1 . Register your blackberry on network (even if its already registered and sync configuration).

#2 . Last I used a legacy device, BIS account was configurable on web. If you can access it, send service books to your device. If you don't know about it, contact your service provider.

#3 . Yes, reboot your phone.

--Post back
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-23-17 05:41 AM
    yes to the first three!
    not sure how to do the 'tries' though ive done #3 !!
    thanks
    04-23-17 06:05 AM
    yes to the first three!
    not sure how to do the 'tries' though ive done #3 !!
    thanks
    OK. Assuming you've BIS subscription and those 4 berry dots. Try the following:

Touch All (that silly thing goes up to show installed apps.).

Find "Setup". yes, click it to run.

Next click, "Email Accounts".

Wait while the phone loads your email settings (it can take anywhere in between 10secs to few minutes. so be patient.).

When settings are loaded (it will show your email accounts); Press the Menu key.

There you should find "Service Books". Touch to Send Service Books.

Again wait for a while until it says something like "successful" or similar good news.

Now it's a good time for a REBOOT. [You can repeat it for one, two or three, well, as many times you want.. that's all you can do from your end. If it still doesn't work, contact your service provider.]
    04-26-17 01:29 PM
    thanks! unfortunately I've been in touch with Virgin and they say its because I put the new SIM they sent me in it (I didn't ask for it) they're rolling out 4G and NONE of the Blackberry phones are supported, (they say) I should have left the old SIM in, but now it's decommisioned I can't. So basically I'm left with a phone that only takes calls/texts. I am so angry. I asked if then they're not supporting the DTek or KeyOne - they seemed nonplussed by that, but I think not. Does anyone know any more about this issue? seems I can't even buy another Blackberry - Virgin said other providers won't support as they roll out 4G either!
    04-26-17 01:48 PM
    That's strange... but I guess the data going to LTE means they are turning off the hspa networks? I don't know a ton about this stuff but it's still sad for those of us that like to stick with a device for more than 6 months
    05-01-17 01:54 PM