Sorry guys but I can't seem to understand the reason for this thread. I know people are upset but what will we gain with this. It feels useless.

It's more like a place to whinge. I'm sure people who seriously wanted it, like myself, would still wait and get it. Yes it won't be fun but we, as die hard BlackBerry fans, have limited choice.

If you don't want to wait, then it's your own choice but clearly bringing the phone down isn't going to go well in here with uncalled for criticism. I'm not an admin here but we should lock this thread. It's bringing negativity to our community.

My 2 cents.
    04-29-17 05:31 AM
    I am no longer waiting another month. This is absolutely ridiculous. I was going to buy for our business and needed 150± devices. Finding an alternative phone next week.

Posted via CB10
    Do you intend do install BlackBerry Work across your fleet of phone?

I'm curious cause I tried BlackBerry Work the other day. What a clustermess oh my! Crude workaround of what BB10 does so naturally. It's really bad, VMWare does it a lot better with their Digital Workspace.
    04-29-17 05:34 AM
    What these people keep failing to acknowledge because of their BlackBerry can do no wrong attitude is many people aren't frustrated simply because they themselves have to wait. Many actually want BlackBerry devices to be a success going forward and this has not helped one bit. And if there were people who were willing to give it a shot, they likely won't wait because they aren't like the few in here who don't think this launch process has been any issue.
    It's getting old with these people who keep saying they are willing to wait. Who cares if they are willing to wait? There is no doubt there have been lost sales because of this whole process even if to the few in here it doesn't matter because "it's a niche" or whatever else.
    No need to buy another phone unless your phone is broken while waiting for the KEYone. 4-8 weeks isn't that long to wait considering my Z10 is 4 years old.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 05:34 AM
    No, I think you have that wrong. You've defined it as "if they're OK with waiting, they are by definition apologists and they think BB can do no wrong". That's not correct.

Some people are simply more patient than you are, and perhaps have a better understanding of how the world works in matters like this. A delay of a month? If that throws you into a tizzy...
    Crazy talk for the irrational.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 05:37 AM
    What these people keep failing to acknowledge because of their BlackBerry can do no wrong attitude is many people aren't frustrated simply because they themselves have to wait. Many actually want BlackBerry devices to be a success going forward and this has not helped one bit. And if there were people who were willing to give it a shot, they likely won't wait because they aren't like the few in here who don't think this launch process has been any issue.
    It's getting old with these people who keep saying they are willing to wait. Who cares if they are willing to wait? There is no doubt there have been lost sales because of this whole process even if to the few in here it doesn't matter because "it's a niche" or whatever else.
    Incorrect most on this board have been critical of BlackBerry over the years. The difference is if our phones are working we can wait to get what we want. We don't need to rush out and buy the phone that came out yesterday. My Z10 is going strong after 4 years... I can wait another 4-8 weeks for the KEYone. If my Z10 dies today I will probably order a Priv and use it for the next year or two.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix and tnewton3 like this.
    04-29-17 05:42 AM
    Well, there is one bonus for people who wait - it's called black Friday. KEYone looks great, but I'll probably wait for the price to settle unless someone is going to be selling it at a fair price unlocked. And my PRIV serves me just fine for now anyway.

As for the delay...don't mean to sound defeatist...but whether its early or late, a pleasant surprise or a bitter disappointment...fact is, someone would be complaining about the launch. Personally I think the delay is mostly about ironing out the production bugs and getting Nougat 7.1.1 on it. As of that version Google pushes system updates directly to the device, absolving BlackBerry of most if not all of the security update responsibilities.
    No reason for a well thought out comment on this page.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 05:58 AM
    I was in the UK in April and it was vaguely insinuated earlier in the year that it would have been out by then, then further delays and now you can't even get one in the UK as Selfridges remain out of stock. I'm disappointed but not to the point that I won't buy one, because a K1 is listed amongst necessities in my life, I use two phones a PassPort and a Nexus 6p, one for messaging the other for Apps. WhatsApp is going off BB10 so this reduces the usefulness of my messaging phone, typing on glass just isn't effective for me so I can't use a 6p as my allrounder. The K1 is just perfect, PKB on Android, that's both my current phones in on! (wish it was dual SIM though)

So unfortunately I can't be pissed off and buy another phone because they're all glass typing phones! But what I have learnt from this thread is this, wait it out for the price drop, that's about as angry I can be really......
    04-29-17 06:45 AM
    I do understand that the S8 has better specifications but that's not top of my list as far as what I need in a phone. Top priorities when it comes to my needs:

1. Physical Keyboard
    2. Battery Life
    3. App Availability.

KEYone has the S8 beat on my top 2 and it's a wash when it comes to three. There are quite a few people out there (I'm one) that would say the S8 and KEYone are two devices that can't be compared to one another because of the PKB on one and not on the other. That was all I was trying to say.

Glad you are still rocking the throwback Q10, hopefully you get to check out a KEYone when it launches and I bet you kick yourself for not waiting. Maybe a light kick but still a kick.
    There's also a big difference in price S8 is $250 -$350 more than the KEYone

Posted via CB10
    04-29-17 08:21 AM
    Yep, I am not waiting another month

I am going to buy all the other competitors physical keyboard phones instead. I am certain that the biggest companies in the smartphone world must have some keyboard options. So, Monday I will get either an iPhone or galaxy with a physical keyboard, sorry bb mobile, it took a month too long.

Um, just checked, Apple and Samsung don't make a keyboard phone, so, I guess a month late is better than waiting 10 more years.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 08:52 AM
    Fact: TCL owns this product launch.
    Fact: TCL and Blackberry (formerly RIM) are two separate companies.

Do you have any reason to believe, any actual facts to back you up, that Blackberry themselves are directly responsible for how this product is being launched?

You can continue to make things up out of thin air; the world will continue to call you on those things.
    Did I say that blackberry is the reason for the delays in my facts? All I pointed out was that all those phones have the blackberry stamp on them. My point is that phones with the blackberry logo have messed up launches regardless if it's BB or TCL
    04-29-17 09:33 AM
    Did I say that blackberry is the reason for the delays in my facts?
    You absolutely and very strongly implied it. You said "figures, yet again they screw up a launch." When I pointed out that this is a TCL product, completely separate from Blackberry the company (and therefore TCL owns the launch), you said "doesn't matter, the word Blackberry is imprinted on this one just like the others".

So for clarification, I simply asked you if you thought the delay of the launch was due to Blackberry the company--because you DID draw a comparison between this launch (handled by TCL) and previous launches (NOT handled by TCL).

The only reason I can imagine to draw a comparison, besides the ludicrous and ridiculous statement that "well, the word Blackberry is imprinted on all three devices!", is that somehow Blackberry the company is involved in THIS delay just like they were involved in the OTHER two delays.

So I ask again: do you have any reason to believe, with any actual facts to back you up, that Blackberry themselves are directly responsible for how this product is being launched?

All I pointed out was that all those phones have the blackberry stamp on them.
    See above.

My point is that phones with the blackberry logo have messed up launches regardless if it's BB or TCL
    So you're putting the fault on the LOGO, not the company actually responsible for launching the product?

Ridiculous notion, that is.
    04-29-17 09:47 AM
    How often? Every time one comes out, every month or so?
    He's voting with his wallet. Isn't that what you've been encouraging people to do?
    04-29-17 09:48 AM
    Sure, but why would that make someone who can/will/doesn't mind waiting an apologist for not getting their knickers in a knot over it. So many labels and name calling being tossed around, it's ridiculous. I go away on vacation for a few days and come back and it seems everyone has lost their chill lol.
    That's what happens when you go on vacation. So, no more vacations for you! :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-29-17 09:51 AM
    You absolutely and very strongly implied it. You said "figures, yet again they screw up a launch." When I pointed out that this is a TCL product, completely separate from Blackberry the company (and therefore TCL owns the launch), you said "doesn't matter, the word Blackberry is imprinted on this one just like the others".

So for clarification, I simply asked you if you thought the delay of the launch was due to Blackberry the company--because you DID draw a comparison between this launch (handled by TCL) and previous launches (NOT handled by TCL).

The only reason I can imagine to draw a comparison, besides the ludicrous and ridiculous statement that "well, the word Blackberry is imprinted on all three devices!", is that somehow Blackberry the company is involved in THIS delay just like they were involved in the OTHER two delays.

So I ask again: do you have any reason to believe, with any actual facts to back you up, that Blackberry themselves are directly responsible for how this product is being launched?

See above.

So you're putting the fault on the LOGO, not the company actually responsible for launching the product?

Ridiculous notion, that is.
    I didnt straight up say BB is at fault. What was it you said earlier? Oh you ***-U-MEd something.
    04-29-17 09:53 AM
    You just slid right into the name calling, ignoring the fact that I noted there are some that can/will and don't mind the wait. You chalked up everyone under that umbrella as a fanboy when that's not the case at all.
    I'm glad someone else is seeing this. The moment you don't share their opinion, you're condescending, an apologist, a fanboy, a defender, [insert some other insult here]...

Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 09:54 AM
    You're absolutely right. It's just that this whole drawn-out process has created an atmosphere of frustration on both sides.
    I agree with this statement though, I guess we all are a bit on edge. ;-)

04-29-17 09:55 AM
    Of course you could just get your act together and set an earlier release date and work hard to meet it and not delay it at all. But that would be too hard for poor BlackBerry (allegedly one of the top software companies) and TCL (one of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world).

Companies that succeed pull out all the stops and work around the clock to bring their product to market. BlackBerry and TCL are like the guy who shows up at 9:30, takes an hourlong lunch break, leaves at 4:55, and constantly calls in sick.
    And again, we are assuming the delay is due to something they did internally...

Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 09:58 AM
    There's a difference from what you just said and constantly making excuses for the company's screw ups or making those who are disappointed by the company's screw ups feel irrational for feeling so. The latter two are what you do.
    I've been called the same names, yet if you look at the threads I've actually started myself, a good half of them are critical of BB or things I wish they can improve or add to their phones... Yet because I'm not as upset about this one thing and am willing to keep an open mind to why it happened rather than jump to conclusions that they themselves just decided one day to screw the consumers, I get labeled the same way... oddly sometimes by others who have argued with me in the threads where I'm criticizing something about BB or a BB phone where that person is taking the side of BB's decision that I'm arguing against... So confusing...

Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 10:02 AM
    Samsung literally recalled an entire phone line up. The biggest player in the android world recalled their flagship phone, TWICE. THAT'S acting like a noob.
    Exactly, they recalled, issued "fixed" phones that did the same thing... smfh...

Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 10:04 AM
    And again, we are assuming the delay is due to something they did internally...

If it wasn't, then find a better supplier.
    04-29-17 10:05 AM
    Just curious if CrackBerry receive any money from TCL? I know BlackBerry did not pay CrackBerry a single dime.
    Actually TCL has sponsored a ton of stuff for CB lately.

krazyatom likes this.
    04-29-17 10:07 AM
    I said you're /like/ the verbally abusive partner that criticizes under the guise of "caring". "I'm only criticizing you because I care." However, given the same circumstances, you don't have a better solution or any empathy for the situation.

They officially announced a delay... the communication you asked for. And as typical, you're upset over the delay, as most of us are. Instead of just saying you're disappointed in the delay, you frame it as "they're not working hard enough". How much of it is due to their lack of hard work versus issues out of their sphere of control, i.e. supply chain? We don't know and thus, shouldn't jump all over them.
    Exactly this. I never said that it has to be something out of their control, because like everyone here, I don't know what is happening behind the scenes. The difference is I'm not jumping to conclusions and am open to the possibility that it could be what you've stated. But I guess that's enough for me to be labeled a *takes breath* condescending apologist defending fanboy...

Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 10:09 AM
    Labeling a rational and patient person as a "fanboy" is as narrow-minded and ignorant as it gets. Because some choose to not throw a complete temper tantrum and stomp their feet like a spoiled child, they are simply an "apologist "? Maybe some adults choose to act as adults, and have no problem waiting for a consumer product that is not determining life or death. Especially if it allows time for carriers to come on board and fix any bugs or kinks that always comes with a new device of mass production. And for 99.999% of the general public, they are not even aware there is a delay so why not be sure to get it right? I rather they err on the smart and logical side and get all their ducks in order, than worry about the mental meltdowns consisting of .00001% of the audience.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    04-29-17 10:30 AM
    Here's a thought. Just speak for yourself, not for the "BB base." YOU no longer have a good feeling about the KEYone. That's fine. But other people who consider themselves part of the "BB base"are still content to wait until the phone is ready, and just don't perceive that a one or two month delay means anything at all to a public that is, frankly, just starting to hear about the KEYone for the first time, and seeing mostly positive comments and reviews.

Almost no one in BB's target market pays attention to CES or has ever heard of MWC. The first time they will hear about the KEYone is in a mainstream publication like Forbes or the WSJ. For them, this phone is new, and will be available soon.. That's all they care about.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Funny thing, on BB Mobile's facebook, their posts about the KEYone release dates for other regions had all likes and loves as reactions, not a single "sad face" or "angry face." Looks like there's a chance people here don't represent the general public, maybe... ;-)

04-29-17 10:34 AM
    If it's a good phone, it will have moderate success, and then TCL can start working to rebuild the BlackBerry brand. The KEYone won't be more than a niche phone regardless if the strength of the marketing communications program. It's a statement phone, and a bunt single. It was never going to be a home run.

Most of the target market doesn't follow CES or MWC news and is not aware of any delay at all. If the phone is available through the usual channels, then they will see it for the first time the next time they go shopping. It will be priced well below the S8 and iPhone 8, so it will look like a good value and perhaps worth the risk of something new.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I wouldn't say moderate success. The brand is kind of "uncool" to most normal people. I'd be happy if they sell more than their previous phones, but wouldn't hold out hope that it will make any kind of splash in the general market unfortunately...

04-29-17 10:36 AM
289 ... 7891011 ...