How is Bell with pushing updates to Priv? I want to get a Priv for my wife and could save some $$ by getting one through Bell vs shopblackberry. We've had BB10 phones until now so haven't cared if we get updates or not but with Android It's perhaps more important to have the monthly patches?

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    04-29-17 12:11 AM
    You DO understand that you don't have to wait for Bell or any other carrier to push out updates.
    We get the updates from the company giving them to the carriers. The difference is here, once the Team goes through the updates with a fine tooth virtual comb, we get it without the extra Bloatware the carriers add. And, the carriers have to deal with hundreds of different manufacturers, and will send out updates according to what's selling the best for them.
    So, you could be waiting "literally" months for your carrier to send you update.

Also, all new mobile devices come "unlocked" so you're no longer tied down to one carrier. If you don't know if it's unlocked, you can simply ask your carrier and they will unlock it for you or they may give you the unlock code and you can unlock it yourself. It's absolutely legal.

So, go with the carrier of your choice. And get the official updates here.
    04-29-17 01:38 AM