So i have Classic but don't really use it. Though, to be honest, i didn't used android that i had before it much either (if we don't count some japanese-only games i had there which i could only get on android) as i mostly live with other combo of "dumbphone" (some nokia) and tablet (ipad), while smartphone is something that i keep more for collection / backup / whatever.

I love hub, but turns out i dont see myself attaching my e-mails on BB because most of my e-mails are crazy mess 90% of which content is automated messages from sites where i registered and not an actuall letters from people, so for me it's easier just to use pc to check them rather than seeing it syncing with BB; and the only e-mail which is less messy is protonmail which can't be used as it its, only as android app (and i still havent installed android runtime on Classic as i fear of battery problems).

Phone book and photos / videos / music is nice enough for me on Classic (still not my ideal, but like ergonomics enough), though, also because currently it's only portable device besided Sony PSP from what i have now on which i can add files without stuff like itunes I use Classic in storage mode to access directly SD card as accessing device seems laggy from PC for me anyway.

Notes / Reminders / Calendar, haven't tried, as i usually used my nokia's reminder clockwork. Dunno if bb's workflow of such basic functions is more comfy.

Apps. As i said, didnt bother with android runtime in fear of battery going down even faster; also i usually use apps on ios tablet instead. Though i m curious if there are BB10 native apps that have no analogs on ios/android which i might get before they disappear forever, but i just dont see anything spectacular yet. I cant find good articles on hidden gems of bb10 store either.

So, tl;dr i like my Classic but don't really use it, thought that was expected as i never use smartphones solely... But i'm curious if i miss something that might be more comfortable to do on it.

Share your experience if you are same
    04-24-17 03:10 AM
    You do not install "android runtime". It is PRE-INSTALLED.

I do not have Classic but it's little bro Q10. I use it for call/sms/email/calendar and it works satisfactory. I've also about 45-50 android apps installed into my phone beside apps from BB World. It used to eat battery a lot and completely kill it in about 8-10 hours. Then, I got another android app which kills background activity, and now it is usable on an average 24-36 hours on a single charge.

In your case, you may replace your 'dumbphone' (nokia) with 'less dumbphone' (classic). I expect it to have as good cell reception and voice quality as Q10 has which is most probably better than that nokia phone (I enjoy hd voice calls when on 3g/4g network).

BBW has no hidden gems. You will have to pay for what you get free on iOS and Android (some apps are unavailable and no credit card is of help in this case).
    qmishery likes this.
    04-24-17 03:59 AM
    Since my main phone is Passport I'm using Classic with my foreign sim when abroad as it is smaller and easier to carry then Passport. Using it also as a media player, mainly music and for reading and browsing in bed when recharging Passport.
    anon(9697770) and qmishery like this.
    04-29-17 12:04 PM
    You do not install "android runtime". It is PRE-INSTALLED.
    Sorry, i meant this:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...g-page-965257/
    05-26-17 03:28 PM
    Noted is a good app. Can always keep one as a password manager/USB, or plugged in to blend. I ditched windows' main apps for email with powershell and just use blend for my contacts calendar emails and cloud stores. I like BBM sends files ok not bad for notes or an ip cam. Also thought Enpass was really great. Used to be able to tether to pc for wifi or extra ram.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 06:24 PM
    via CB10
    09-08-17 09:36 AM

I do not have Classic but it's little bro Q10. I use it for call/sms/email/calendar and it works satisfactory. I've also about 45-50 android apps installed into my phone beside apps from BB World. It used to eat battery a lot and completely kill it in about 8-10 hours. Then, I got another android app which kills background activity, and now it is usable on an average 24-36 hours on a single charge.

Which app is that??

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 09:40 AM
    Airplane mode and bedside can be very effective for battery health. Classic went 9 days on one charge, mind you was face down in bedside and airplane mode most of the time.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 06:48 PM