Does it have the hardened security features like the DTEK ?

Posted via CB10
    It should.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-17 10:05 AM
    It has the DTEK app, but there has been no mention of the secure boot process found in the DTEKs and K1. I doubt this will be an issue for it's target market.
    03-09-17 10:20 AM
    It has the DTEK app, but there has been no mention of the secure boot process found in the DTEKs and K1. I doubt this will be an issue for it's target market.
    Yes there was mention of it and the mention tends to hint that all BlackBerry branded phones will be this way (for those who were claiming people can licence bits and pieces of it). See quote from Alex Thurber regarding the Aurora below.

"What really sets a BlackBerry smartphone apart from other Android devices are the enhanced security features built into every device right from the start. From a hardened operating system to BlackBerry Limited's proprietary technique for establishing a hardware root of trust by adding security keys to the processor, the BlackBerry Aurora is intentionally designed to offer the most secure Android smartphone experience possible."
    03-09-17 10:38 AM
    Yes there was mention of it and the mention tends to hint that all BlackBerry branded phones will be this way (for those who were claiming people can licence bits and pieces of it). See quote from Alex Thurber regarding the Aurora below.

"What really sets a BlackBerry smartphone apart from other Android devices are the enhanced security features built into every device right from the start. From a hardened operating system to BlackBerry Limited's proprietary technique for establishing a hardware root of trust by adding security keys to the processor, the BlackBerry Aurora is intentionally designed to offer the most secure Android smartphone experience possible."
    Then it looks like BlackBerry has one standard for all devices covered by its licensing program.
    03-09-17 11:14 AM
    It's the right price, my expectations for phones in general are so low that if it doesn't explode it's probably fine; a comparison with other phones in its price range would be useful.
    03-09-17 01:08 PM
    Monthly security updates! Is what makes it a blackberry the most secure phone
    Google phones also get these, and they are running new OS versions.... Just saying.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    03-10-17 06:19 AM
    Now with the 2 sim cards you players out there don't need two separate phones, this allows for a regular phone and you're side girls/guys phone all in one?
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    03-21-17 07:28 PM
    Aside from the logo, what makes the Aurora a BlackBerry? Hub? BlackBerry vkb? Anything? Otherwise, it's just another android clone.

There has to be something different about it...yes?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    Good point - after all, it actually has some people who want to buy it. That makes it different from a BlackBerry...
    04-01-17 05:36 PM
    Good point - after all, it actually has some people who want to buy it. That makes it different from a BlackBerry...
    I get the feeling it's still a BlackBerry.....
    04-18-17 01:33 PM
    I want this as my android BlackBerry. Not bc I want to leave BB10 (and BB7), but #1 to check it out and #2 to have in case I ever need it.
    08-13-17 01:24 PM
    Did you see that terrible informal demo video the CEO gave? I know a company relies on much more than that but Blackberry at this time, really?
    09-22-17 05:46 AM
    the BlackBerry aurora could be a good phone but the distributor / manufacturer local " BlackBerry mera putih " under BlackBerry license does not provide the monthly update, we must go through its update application, not like on a keyone or dtek device so no this phone is not a secure device ... , just a random android device with some BlackBerry features..

actually we are stuck on Android patch security " April 2017"

around 6 months late...
    aragone79 likes this.
    09-23-17 07:07 AM
    the BlackBerry aurora could be a good phone but the distributor / manufacturer local " BlackBerry mera putih " under BlackBerry license does not provide the monthly update, we must go through its update application, not like on a keyone or dtek device so no this phone is not a secure device ... , just a random android device with some BlackBerry features..

actually we are stuck on Android patch security " April 2017"

around 6 months late...
    It's true. The last security patch is in April 2017.

Here I sent several screenshots from my BlackBerry Aurora.

Just use it for 2 days. For 188.2 USD smartphone, overall performance is mediocre if we compare to latest Xiaomi Redmi Note (my personal opinion).
    09-23-17 11:06 AM
    Monthly security updates! Is what makes it a blackberry the most secure phone
    Huh? I'll give you a break since your post was in March.. Monthly? Security? Come on man!
    CB needs to give you a shiny Ambassador Pin for that one.
    09-23-17 09:17 PM
    For me, which are makes Aurora a BlackBerry is the Hub and the hardware configuration. BB aware of heavy multitasking without full support of games. The 4 gb ram combined with SD 425 is such a unique combination when compared to another Android configurations.

And it's true. The configuration really made me doing more multitasking to the max. The huge ram will support the Hub with my 10 email and 8 social media accounts.

And I push ram usage with my 9 screen activated: 5 for full screen widgets and 4 for apps shortcut. Each widget displaying Exchange, other emails, social media, texts, and WhatsApp.

And thanks God, it still perform smooth and silk. Don't underestimate the Snapdragon 425. If you want to launch app faster, just don't close it, let Android handle it. My recent apps list always showed over 20 apps opened.

If you concern about battery life, just put Greenify. It helps a lot.

That is my BlackBerry, dude!
    09-27-17 03:34 PM
    For me, which are makes Aurora a BlackBerry is the Hub and the hardware configuration. BB aware of heavy multitasking without full support of games. The 4 gb ram combined with SD 425 is such a unique combination when compared to another Android configurations.

And it's true. The configuration really made me doing more multitasking to the max. The huge ram will support the Hub with my 10 email and 8 social media accounts.

And I push ram usage with my 9 screen activated: 5 for full screen widgets and 4 for apps shortcut. Each widget displaying Exchange, other emails, social media, texts, and WhatsApp.

And thanks God, it still perform smooth and silk. Don't underestimate the Snapdragon 425. If you want to launch app faster, just don't close it, let Android handle it. My recent apps list always showed over 20 apps opened.

If you concern about battery life, just put Greenify. It helps a lot.

That is my BlackBerry, dude!
    This is a great device, as I said before, but it lacks security update which is very important for Android devices.
    09-30-17 04:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, there is DTEK by BlackBerry app in this Aurora. I use BlackBerry Aurora.
    09-24-18 12:31 PM
42 12