Anyone else catch this? Wondering if this is going to happen because they world needs another Android Tablet?!? Or maybe the world's first BB10 tablet?

"What this might mean, and I make no promise, is that you may soon see a BlackBerry tablet," said CEO John Chen in a conference call with analysts after the company released its fourth-quarter and year-end numbers.

While the deal is not yet finalized, Chen said one of the company's partners will make the tablet, which will use BlackBerry's software. BlackBerry (TSX:BB) would receive royalties for each unit shipped.

BlackBerry shares rally after Q4 results beat estimates; software seen growing
    03-31-17 11:55 AM
    Would have to think it's a secure Android tablet if i were going to speculate. Can't see someone doing a bb10 tablet at this juncture.
    03-31-17 12:19 PM
    probably another joint venture with expensive super secure software. The only thing selling worse than BB android phones would be BB android tablets lol

Reality is ipad is the only real consumer tablet with great sales, even sammy struggles.
    03-31-17 12:23 PM
    I'd like to say "Yes, with BB10 please!". But since it will never happen, I'll be happy to consider "BB secured" Android tablet subject it stands out from a crowd. Something as robust as Playbook used to be, with same high quality sound, HDMI port, docking capability, etc. And with Hub+ Services - subject they are tablet adapted and improved.
    poloandpearls likes this.
    04-01-17 08:47 AM
    TCL's tablet library is a 7" tablet from a year ago and a 17" "tablet" from a few months ago, unless TCL has another tablet incoming/it's sent out to a manufacturer that does tablets. Admittedly, I might seriously consider a 7" tablet as a Nexus 7/PlayBook successor, although Android on tablets is pretty crap. And that's all assuming it isn't some $2500 Galaxy Tab like the SecuSmart tablet.
    04-01-17 01:41 PM
    Based on what I have heard about Android 7 and 8 so far, I wouldn't buy it now.
    I would consider it, but probably go for Windows or iOS.

A tablet with OS 10.3 would be so great, would buy that in a heartbeat.
    04-02-17 06:34 AM
    The tablet market is shrinking and frankly a dead end. Apple can barely make a go of it. Perhaps, if one puts an enterprise angle to it, there might be a bit of money to be made in a niche market. IoT and automation are the future.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 05:16 PM
    Windows OS would do well
    04-16-17 10:50 PM
    I agree! I think windows tablets which are really more of a lighter laptop nowadays are pretty functional and have a good chance of sticking it to apple.

But in this case a BlackBerry tablet made today in 2017 would not run bb10 even though most of us here would love it, it ain't happening. Although if a droid berry tablet had something unique or gimmicky besides security obviously, I think it would sell, but not enough to take on the current kings of mobile hardware.

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    poloandpearls likes this.
    04-16-17 11:01 PM
    If TCL releases a Table (would not be surprised), it won't be for general consumer market. It will be for the same security focused enterprise market as their smartphones. Take one of the Piki Tablets and rebrand it as a BlackBerry with BlackBerry's security and Android, add $100 and sell it to Enterprise. Granted they might not sell that many of them, but it would give customers a tablet option over an iPad. Let's face it, if a customer has to allow an iPad... not going to be much of a reason for them not to also allow an iPhone.

But that's only if there is a enterprise market waiting for what TCL and BlackBerry has to offer....
    04-17-17 08:50 AM
    Alcatel has a nice Windows tablet/pc. I wonder if they would release a BlackBerry branded one for the enterprise? Just wondering. IMO having a Windows OS is much better than Android in the tablet market after all.
    04-18-17 01:55 AM
    I would love to grab a BB10 tablet and laptop... but it's never going to happen so why does everyone still speak of it? BB10 phones are dead and we're stuck with Android's now... which isn't much of an incentive to keep us using BlackBerry products anymore.

I'm looking at getting a Samsung Chromebook right now and load it with BlackBerry APK's that's currently available and I wish RIM would release BlackBerry Compass, Smart Tags, Maps, Music, Photo, Story Maker, Videos and their other applications for Android to make it more appealing.
    06-19-17 10:43 PM
    I would love to grab a BB10 tablet and laptop... but it's never going to happen so why does everyone still speak of it?
    That's the million dollar question.
    06-19-17 10:45 PM
    I honestly would only get a tablet if it ran full Windows 10 and had expandable memory. When I have enough money I think I would get a Surface Pro unless something better comes along...
    08-30-17 02:44 PM