hello everyone

i was charging my PRIV last night suddenly the screen lit for like a second , it went white and then it went black, i discharged the cable and tried double tapping it but the screen wont open so i tried the power button, it didnt work aswell. i pressed the power button for a while and then it reboote when it came on home screen , the display was white , i could barely see any color or icons its like a white 50 % transparent layer on my phone, i tried everything , the safe mode , then the reboot , and in the end hard reset but the display is as it is, for better understanding am also attaching a few images of it.
    03-30-17 07:45 AM
    hello everyone

i was charging my PRIV last night suddenly the screen lit for like a second , it went white and then it went black, i discharged the cable and tried double tapping it but the screen wont open so i tried the power button, it didnt work aswell. i pressed the power button for a while and then it reboote when it came on home screen , the display was white , i could barely see any color or icons its like a white 50 % transparent layer on my phone, i tried everything , the safe mode , then the reboot , and in the end hard reset but the display is as it is, for better understanding am also attaching a few images of it.
    Could there have been a power surge that actually damaged the Priv?

But check if you can change the backlight. Main Settings, Display, Brightness Level (first item at the top).

How old is the Priv? Do you have a warranty?
    03-30-17 09:19 AM
    birghtness level is lowest but if i go to the higest point it turns yellow and the priv i bought it 22 days ago sir. it has warranty but u know warrnaty takes time so i thought i could do my own researcha nd found nothing actually
    03-30-17 09:48 AM
    Regarding the power surge i am using the orignal bb charger so i cant say anything about it
    03-30-17 09:49 AM
    birghtness level is lowest but if i go to the higest point it turns yellow and the priv i bought it 22 days ago sir. it has warranty but u know warrnaty takes time so i thought i could do my own researcha nd found nothing actually
    The other option might be to try a factory reset which can be done from Main Settings, Security.

Or you can use an Autoloader found in the Sticky Threads up above and follow the directions after downloading.

It does sound like some kind of surge might have damaged it. Either from your wall power or a bad charger.

You can also try sending questions to

[email protected]

Good luck.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    03-30-17 11:53 AM
    Regarding the power surge i am using the orignal bb charger so i cant say anything about it
    Unfortunately the charger with any phones do not come with surge protection. That't why they sell huge honky battery backups (and even most don't have line conditioner) that prevents surges and brownouts.
    There are probably more electronics damaged by brown outs then surge. over time brownout kills electronics as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-30-17 11:57 AM
    Mine does this as well. It's fine. It'll go completely dark after a few min.
    03-30-17 04:12 PM