There are many reason why i stick to BB devices these many years.

I might quite boring you guys but I love this forum to express my love with BB devices.

1) Design:

whether it is Bold or any other BB10 devices, they are the best in design in the market. their design prove the exact meaning of Smart Phone.

2) Qwerty Keypad/Board:

most important reason to stick with it is its physical keyboard. i write long emails to my clients/vendors and i prefer to type fast without any typo which is not possible touch keypad/board. not only me, most of the people around the world loves the keypad/board for sure.

3) LED indicator:

this is the most awesome feature and classy too. its not necessary to look your phone often to check the notification when it is on silent mode. Any notification your LED red light indicates you new notifications (IM, SMS, Emails, Missed calls) arrived.

4) BBM

Blackberry messenger, my personal opinion is bbm is the god father of any messenger. i really don't care about whatsapp which stopping its support to BBOS and its devices. who really cares, we got an awesome messenger BBM. I am the boss of my company, BBM is available now on all other OS platform so if some one need to chat or interact with me ill ask them download BBM, else call me. soon i will provide BB devices to my employees.

5) Email Signature:

this might feel quite silly, i love this very much. when i send emails or reply to any emails its says

"sent from BlackBerry on Airtel"

i personally feel that this will differentiate me for using BB devices.

there are many features to described but i am re collecting my nostalgia with this device i had.

its been so many years, i started with curve 8520 and now i am using bold and q10. in between i tried iphone but it really doesnt suite me.

BB - Blackberry
    BB - Be Bold
    BB - Business Beast

regret typo errors / grammar errors if any

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    03-28-17 09:48 PM
    I too love my BlackBerry devices. The DTEK60 is awesome.

Started with the 7100i more than 10 years ago.

DTEK60 / Z30
    Praganad likes this.
    03-29-17 12:00 AM

DTEK60 / Z30
    sounds good !

DTEK60 is Android OS if i am not wrong. how is android os in BB devices when compare to other android devices ?

people are very craze about priv, dtek 50, dtek 60 and most are waiting for key1 too.

03-29-17 12:35 AM
    There are many reason why i stick to BB devices these many years.

I might quite boring you guys but I love this forum to express my love with BB devices.

1) Design:

whether it is Bold or any other BB10 devices, they are the best in design in the market. their design prove the exact meaning of Smart Phone.

2) Qwerty Keypad/Board:

most important reason to stick with it is its physical keyboard. i write long emails to my clients/vendors and i prefer to type fast without any typo which is not possible touch keypad/board. not only me, most of the people around the world loves the keypad/board for sure.

3) LED indicator:

this is the most awesome feature and classy too. its not necessary to look your phone often to check the notification when it is on silent mode. Any notification your LED red light indicates you new notifications (IM, SMS, Emails, Missed calls) arrived.

4) BBM

Blackberry messenger, my personal opinion is bbm is the god father of any messenger. i really don't care about whatsapp which stopping its support to BBOS and its devices. who really cares, we got an awesome messenger BBM. I am the boss of my company, BBM is available now on all other OS platform so if some one need to chat or interact with me ill ask them download BBM, else call me. soon i will provide BB devices to my employees.

5) Email Signature:

this might feel quite silly, i love this very much. when i send emails or reply to any emails its says

"sent from BlackBerry on Airtel"

i personally feel that this will differentiate me for using BB devices.

there are many features to described but i am re collecting my nostalgia with this device i had.

its been so many years, i started with curve 8520 and now i am using bold and q10. in between i tried iphone but it really doesnt suite me.

BB - Blackberry
    BB - Be Bold
    BB - Business Beast

regret typo errors / grammar errors if any

This
    I love my Q10. Its the best size for business use.

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-29-17 02:47 AM

DTEK60 / Z30
    Dteks are not designed by BlackBerry. Its china Alcatel(tlc) and you know it There is no real BlackBerry DNA in it. Priv is the last true BlackBerry. (RGB Led, crap camera, BlackBerry Logo on the front...lol, etc etc)

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-29-17 02:51 AM
    Dteks are not designed by BlackBerry. Its china Alcatel(tlc) and you know it There is no real BlackBerry DNA in it. Priv is the last true BlackBerry. (RGB Led, crap camera, BlackBerry Logo on the front...lol, etc etc)

ha ha ha

yeah i knew it. TLC designs it. i just wanna know how BB android os different from other android devices.

as you said q10 is aweesome device ever

03-29-17 03:00 AM
    sounds good !

DTEK60 is Android OS if i am not wrong. how is android os in BB devices when compare to other android devices ?

people are very craze about priv, dtek 50, dtek 60 and most are waiting for key1 too.

I personally like what BlackBerry has done with Android. A very lean and efficient launcher, with very little bloat. HUB has come along nicely.

I've happily been along for the ride through 3 OSes. Onwards and upwards.
    03-29-17 06:57 AM
    I personally like what BlackBerry has done with Android. A very lean and efficient launcher, with very little bloat. HUB has come along nicely.
    Eeeeyeah... if only Blandroid had a real Hub, a bedside mode, notification profiles, true permission controls... The Blandroid Future may be unavoidable, but that doesn't mean I gotta like it.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    The_Passporter likes this.
    03-29-17 08:46 AM
    Eeeeyeah... if only Blandroid had a real Hub, a bedside mode, notification profiles, true permission controls... The Blandroid Future may be unavoidable, but that doesn't mean I gotta like it.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    I will tell you one thing, I found an absolutely fantastic app to manage notification profiles. It is called Sound Profile by corcanoe.
    03-29-17 08:55 AM
    I will tell you one thing, I found an absolutely fantastic app to manage notification profiles. It is called Sound Profile by corcanoe.
    Thanks. I hold out hope I never have to use it, but that's reassuring.

03-29-17 08:58 AM
    Added bonus: BlackBerry 10 phones are less likely to be stolen in a grab & run street theft because thieves don't know what they are and they're not a cool phone to re-sell. Of course, this isn't why I'm stubbornly keeping my Passport.
    03-29-17 02:35 PM
    Don't forget the "uniqueness" of using something that nobody today knows what it is

Go to a cafe and put your physical Keyboard Blackberry on a table and NO ONE under 19 will likely know what it is. The older people (who all speak fondly of them in my experience) always say "oh you still are using one of those".......

As late as 2007 I was STILL using my Motorola flip 650 from 1997 and you should have seen the looks I got in public haha. It looked like something you would call in an airstrike with during World War 2!!!!! Then I got a Motorola RAZR in 1997 and it changed my world.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-30-17 02:11 AM
    I think younger people wonder why Passport owners are talking to their calculators.
    03-30-17 08:25 AM
    Don't forget the "uniqueness" of using something that nobody today knows what it is

Go to a cafe and put your physical Keyboard Blackberry on a table and NO ONE under 19 will likely know what it is. The older people (who all speak fondly of them in my experience) always say "oh you still are using one of those".......

As late as 2007 I was STILL using my Motorola flip 650 from 1997 and you should have seen the looks I got in public haha. It looked like something you would call in an airstrike with during World War 2!!!!! Then I got a Motorola RAZR in 1997 and it changed my world.

hi buddy can u add me on BBM ?

03-30-17 12:16 PM
    I think younger people wonder why Passport owners are talking to their calculators.
    03-30-17 05:44 PM
    Lols when I got my first Blackberry, a white 9780, my cousin teased me that it is "like talking into a calculator" and he NEVER thought they were cool.

03-30-17 10:29 PM
    hi buddy can u add me on BBM ?

7534BC09

03-30-17 10:31 PM
    "Alexa, what's a calculator?"
    03-31-17 11:26 AM
    Thanks for the Star Trek clip, David. Start the day with a good laugh.
    03-31-17 11:34 AM
    This
    I love my Q10. Its the best size for business use.

Q10 <3 : )

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 11:39 AM

03-31-17 01:28 PM
    7534BC09

Can I add u 2?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 05:39 PM
    Lols when I got my first Blackberry, a white 9780, my cousin teased me that it is "like talking into a calculator" and he NEVER thought they were cool.

Haha... they should try talking to ANYthing in a noisy industrial environment... Text is superior to talk, for some situations. No tiny few of us feel PKB is superior to glass for text. For some of us. Has been for a LONG time. How many VKB calculators are there? PKB precision is still quite popular in calculators. For good reason, imo.

I exchanged alpha-numeric "text messages" across a facility over HP41CXs (calculators) serial cards... in early-mid 80s!! I can pretty legitimately claim to have been "texting" on handhelds since a decade before Gore invented the Internet. Lol.

That 70's calculator is also capable of 4-20ma analog IO. Never tried voice but considered it. Pretty cool, for a calculator, imo. Lol.
    04-01-17 11:20 PM
    More on topic, my personal "loyalty" to BB, such that it is, has most to do with appreciation for the decades of experience that hopefully gets applied into its products. Experience that, historically, partly derived thru enterprise feedback. Some of which has been abandoned, possibly forgotten, by conscious strategy. Mistakenly so, imo.

As such, my loyalties rest most with some brilliantly configured BB products, rather than any particular loyalty to RIM/BBRY .inc itself. I, for one, feel little compunction to extend greater loyalty to RIM/BBRY than they themselves have demonstrated toward their own LOYAL users. Like myself.

I'm a dedicated enthusiast of PKB for the very reasons PKB is very popular on handheld calculators. Also, toolbelt and particularly trackpad. BB has historically done these things exquisitely.
    04-02-17 10:17 AM
    Form factor and pkb ofcourse

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 10:21 AM
82 123 ...