yes, exactly, I want this the device but I need to know when can I get it. It's a tool for my job, not an ornament. I need a release date because I need a new device and I need to PLAN to buy it. Im really in to giving bb keyone a chance but what's the point in waiting more if anyway it will be available after my deadline?
    If my phone dies tomorrow I need an immediate backup so:

- keyone release date 2/3 weeks away: put my sim in old s4 mini phone and wait for bb
    - no release date: preorder samsung

You can laugh as long as you want but this is a potential customer lost by TCL/bb because they dont communicate properly. Also Im a bit disappointed finding bb community so filled of fanboys, I was expecting a bit more maturity and criticism from business device users.
    03-30-17 04:20 AM
    yes, exactly, I want this the device but I need to know when can I get it. It's a tool for my job, not an ornament. I need a release date because I need a new device and I need to PLAN to buy it. Im really in to giving bb keyone a chance but what's the point in waiting more if anyway it will be available after my deadline?

- keyone release date 2/3 weeks away: put my sim in old s4 mini phone and wait for bb

You can laugh as long as you want but this is a potential customer lost by TCL/bb because they dont communicate properly. Also Im a bit disappointed finding bb community so filled of fanboys, I was expecting a bit more maturity and criticism from business device users.
    Yes, I think the same.
    03-30-17 05:15 AM

This guy nailed it in the head. You can't not see how stupid it is to not announce a release date. Except for fanboys and BB nuts, there are some of us here BB users who actually run businesses, manage people, run campaign, launch products etc. We are telling you this is bull**** to not WANT to announce a date just to try to create I'm not sure what, because hype is too strong a word for BB. So unless the device is flawed and they're doing some late fixes, there is not excuse from a business and marketing standpoint to not announce. There must be thousands of people with a dying phone thinking whether they should wait for who knows how long or pay an equal amount of money today for a better specced phone. And while I understand Bla1ze's argument that if you're here you want it, and it's true, I can give you several examples of things I wanted at some point but grew out of while waiting. And it's not high school romance I'm talking about, it's Canon 6D mark II, Mazda 3 MPS, a decent Dune movie. So my money is on the table for KEYone today, but I'm not making any promises. However, a press release would cost them nothing and would help me calibrate my expectations.
    03-30-17 05:40 AM
    They can't give a date if they don't have one from certain telco partners. Remember, they are not Apple or LG. They are at the whim of the large telcos. Unless you think BlackBerry Mobile / TCL should handle this like DTEK 50/60 rollout with no partners. They do not get to decide when telcos will release devices and they don't want to get buried anymore than they already get hidden.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 06:40 AM
    Moto ,Samsung with two devices and so more are coming this spring. The should get on with it an get the price right which was if they brought it out in November 2016 a good price but to win some customers and get some sale they should bring the device arround 529,00 euro. Get a pre-order page in april 1 and move on.
    03-30-17 06:45 AM
    So Samsung launched the S8 with an availability day set for a month later? How dare them?

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    03-30-17 06:47 AM
    As @conite points out, they told us April. If we get a couple of weeks into April and hear nothing, then I'll be more understanding of some of the frustrations many are venting about.

Posted with my  Classic
    Unlocked Mobiles in the UK, originally told me when I pre-ordered on 27th Feb, that it wold be delivered on the 11th APRIL. This date was pulled about a week after pre-ordering.

They have since updated me and said it will still be delivered in April, but the exact date can not be confirmed.

They have told me middle of April... The wait is almost over!! Looks like it was delayed slightly, but as others have said on here.... BBMobile/TCL said April... Looks like it will be April!

I do agree with others though... The very early tease / reveal, followed by the long wait to the actual reveal, followed by the long wait for the handset release, does not appear to be the best marketing strategy for releasing a device... I think TCL/BBMobile were too quick to leak / tease this handset, or they have come across some serious issues during pre-production testing that they are working on...

People are just not interested anymore... Just hope this was a teething problem and forthcoming devices are tested, re-tested and squared away before they are announced and revealed. Hopefully this will result in shorter lead times for devices appearing in the wild...
    03-30-17 06:51 AM
    What competes against the KEYone?
    *TCL makes no announcement about their first BB phones*
    "OMG, how come we haven't heard from BB's partner yet about phones? They signed the deal and obviously isn't doing anything with it! Obvious fail by BB, John Chen just took the check from TCL and dumped smartphones!!!!11"

*TCL shows phone and ensures that they will be making a true BB and not another slab*
    "OMG, why are they taking so long between showing us the phone and letting us buy it! Obvious fail by BB, John Chen just took the check from TCL and dumped smartphones!!!11111"

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-30-17 06:56 AM
    Unlocked Mobiles in the UK, originally told me when I pre-ordered on 27th Feb, that it wold be delivered on the 11th APRIL. This date was pulled about a week after pre-ordering.

They have since updated me and said it will still be delivered in April, but the exact date can not be confirmed.

They have told me middle of April... The wait is almost over!! Looks like it was delayed slightly, but as others have said on here.... BBMobile/TCL said April... Looks like it will be April!

I do agree with others though... The very early tease / reveal, followed by the long wait to the actual reveal, followed by the long wait for the handset release, does not appear to be the best marketing strategy for releasing a device... I think TCL/BBMobile were too quick to leak / tease this handset, or they have come across some serious issues during pre-production testing that they are working on...

People are just not interested anymore... Just hope this was a teething problem and forthcoming devices are tested, re-tested and squared away before they are announced and revealed. Hopefully this will result in shorter lead times for devices appearing in the wild...
    TCL is doing a rollout where they have to create some demand to get certain telcos on board. There are only so many shelf places available in many stores and they don't want a PRIV style rollout where they could only get AT&T on board with a supposed "exclusive " deal.

Regardless, BlackBerry Mobile is not in the driver seat with KEYone. The big 4 in the US are unfortunately part of the problem /solution.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 07:00 AM

First off, the expensive S8 doesn't compare with the more affordable KEYone, due to the latter's PKB. Is there a history of not trusting TCL with a release date? Apple doesn't set release dates until the actual unveiling of the latest iPhone. According to you, the S8 is supposed to come out with one day left in April. I've arguably bought two KEYone placeholders in the past couple of months: a new $140 Samsung Galaxy J3 for my VZW account, and more recently a Passport SE. I suggest you go buy a J3, Motorola G4 or some other phone that can eventually become a VKB backup to your KEYone. Hey, we're all having to be patient, too!
    03-30-17 07:14 AM
    This guy nailed it in the head. You can't not see how stupid it is to not announce a release date. Except for fanboys and BB nuts, there are some of us here BB users who actually run businesses, manage people, run campaign, launch products etc. We are telling you this is bull**** to not WANT to announce a date just to try to create I'm not sure what, because hype is too strong a word for BB. So unless the device is flawed and they're doing some late fixes, there is not excuse from a business and marketing standpoint to not announce. There must be thousands of people with a dying phone thinking whether they should wait for who knows how long or pay an equal amount of money today for a better specced phone. And while I understand Bla1ze's argument that if you're here you want it, and it's true, I can give you several examples of things I wanted at some point but grew out of while waiting. And it's not high school romance I'm talking about, it's Canon 6D mark II, Mazda 3 MPS, a decent Dune movie. So my money is on the table for KEYone today, but I'm not making any promises. However, a press release would cost them nothing and would help me calibrate my expectations.
    I agree with you but I will be giving the k1 a trial run regardless of when it is released. My s7 edge will work just fine for another 31 days.
    03-30-17 07:41 AM
    Glad to wait and be patient for KEYone because after trying it in Barcelona believe me there is nothing like it. Also all the early hands on were very positive. Hint..we have a winner here.
    Ps. Steve Cistulli put out a tweet this week..another tease..so it's very imminent!

Posted via CB10
    kwabena1041 likes this.
    03-30-17 08:18 AM
    personally, i thought it was a good move on their part to wait till after the s8 announcement. you have a $900 phone that was just announced and you come out with a $550 phone and suddenly it has a lot more interest because of the price difference.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    03-30-17 08:25 AM
    I'm sure they are bringing it to market as quickly as they can. They aren't just sitting on a big pile of inventory at great cost for the fun of it.

The question was whether they should have teased it prior to the announcement at MWC. I say it makes no difference. Non-BB people wouldn't have heard much about that anyway, and BB people were more apt to hang in there longer.
    You may not believe it, but I'm definitely not one of BB die hards. And yes, I'm very interested in KEYone. I'm still using Z30 for my mails-driver and want to replace it with KEYone.

Although I will wait a while for a better price (we know all smartphone-prices are going down rapidly these days, iphone included), I'm still interested.

You're right, not many Non-BB folks heard about it, but I do think they would give it a shot since it looks simply nice. The condition, however, it must be seen in the market.
    03-30-17 08:40 AM
    I'm betting a release date will be announced with earnings tomorrow. Everyone should relax. Lets see what happens tomorrow.
    andyk350 likes this.
    03-30-17 10:00 AM
    So Samsung launched the S8 with an availability day set for a month later? How dare them?

Posted vía CB10 with my Passport SE SQW100-4
    No, they launched a phone and gave people an actual date when it will be available and price (no price confirmed in Canada yet for KEYone) that's the difference. And Samsung availability is 3 weeks after launch.

MWC was almost 5 weeks ago now when the KEYone was launched and no firm date.

Does that mean I am not going to wait, no, however, it's still dumb not to have a date. Like Apple they will launch the new iPhone and have an available date for the device.
    03-30-17 10:04 AM
    I'm betting a release date will be announced with earnings tomorrow. Everyone should relax. Lets see what happens tomorrow.
    But earnings is BlackBerry, nothing to do with BB Mobile or the KEYone so you would think the date won't come from Blackberry.
    03-30-17 10:04 AM
    The question will get asked on the conference call and he'll look like a moron if he can't answer and defers to TCL.
    03-30-17 10:10 AM
    You Blackberry/Crackberry folks are worse than LSU fans. lol
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-30-17 10:12 AM
    The question will get asked on the conference call and he'll look like a moron if he can't answer and defers to TCL.
    He will say he's out of the hardware business and he's not releasing the device.
    03-30-17 10:16 AM
    I'm sending ridiculously misspelled and moronically autocorrected messages out every day from my slab. I'm wasting my time explaining what I tried to say, and apologizing for rude insults that I made erroneously. This drives me crazy. I need this K1 thing asap. Please. That's all I'm interested in.
    H4zN and jakie55 like this.
    03-30-17 10:19 AM
    Okay let's comeback tomorrow and talk after earnings.
    03-30-17 10:19 AM
    WallStreet tomorrow is focused on financial results and growth income from software. They Re shareholders / investment managers were the ones pushing that BlackBerry leave the hardware business outright. Well John Chen put plan in place that devices under BlackBerry seal quality / expectations continue with 3rd parties and at the same recurring income branding for device sales. Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 10:22 AM
    I've watched all of these release date threads with amusement recently and I might as well chime in.

BlackBerry Mobile did what was right for BB Mobile, not necessarily what was desired by some of you all. The phone was not ready to be released at MWC, but it was close enough to be put on display. BB and TCL know their potential customer base mostly consists of existing PKB BB users and they wanted to assure that group of users that a new PKB will be available soon. That way the core group of customers knows they have a reason to wait for the phone. If they hadn't demoed it at MWC that core group of customers might not have known it was coming and they could have moved onto another phone had BB Mobile waited till closer to the release date to announce the KEYone. It's analogous to recruiting in college. You want to lock up the recruits in your home state before expanding. BB Mobile/TCL is hoping to lock up the PKB BB crowd and gradually expand from there. I don't think they are trying to convert potential S8 customers to the KEYone. If the KEYone is successful then they may release a touchscreen phone designed to compete with the slab flagships.

As for announcing the date of release, they obviously let it be known that it would come out in April. There was still work to be done on the phone and work to be done negotiating with carriers so they could not be more specific. By now we are in the "quiet period" before BB does its quarterly earnings report Friday. It is likely the release date is known, but they are not allowed to release information during the quiet period. Even though the phone is not being released by BB they will get a licensing fee on each phone sold and that will impact earnings so it makes sense that they can not say what the release date is during the quiet period. I would be very surprised if we don't get some dates and carrier information tomorrow during the earnings report.

As for me, I shattered the screen on my Priv in late January. The phone still works, but I don't know for how much longer and I am also impatiently waiting for the KEYone to become available.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-30-17 10:37 AM
    I'm waiting for the initial launch devices to be ironed out before getting one - listen to user feedback and complaints, before I can be making an informed purchase.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    03-30-17 11:06 AM
615 12345 ...