The arogance to make me choose an other platform. It says enoug about WA. I not drop BB10 for WA. Haha, I not drop BB10 at all. Why should I, it is still not official dead.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and nealjane like this.
    03-25-17 01:20 PM
    I can see the lobby effort right now, "please support our platform that we don't support'. I am sure that would have been very persuasive.

BlackBerry is not even delivering BBM updates for BB10.
    Lol!!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 02:04 PM
    The arogance to make me choose an other platform. It says enoug about WA. I not drop BB10 for WA. Haha, I not drop BB10 at all. Why should I, it is still not official dead.

Posted via CB10
    I know right! How dastardly of them to abandon 0.5% of the mobile space just to serve the other 99.5! Just who do they think they are?!

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    03-25-17 02:37 PM
    They not decide what phone or OS I use. But that message when you start WA, they try. Think 99% of the 99.5% are just herd people, not know BB10, SailfishOS. Maybe they know Windows. But I think most of them never heard of Android. They just have a Samsung phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 03:06 PM
    Did I ask for new features? Or did most users ask for it?
    Posted via CB10
    Show me an app that hasn't added new features in over a year but still has millions/billions of users. People want new ****. They can't build it without breaking a few eggs.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 06:08 PM
    The arogance to make me choose
    This isn't about you.
    werkregen likes this.
    03-25-17 06:41 PM
    You don't think it arrogant to choose an operating system that very few people in the world use anymore, and then insist that FB spend money to support you and a handful of friends here?
    03-25-17 06:43 PM
    I know right! How dastardly of them to abandon 0.5% of the mobile space just to serve the other 99.5! Just who do they think they are?!

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    You said it!
    We should start a petition for this!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-25-17 06:52 PM
    Whatsapp said in a note that the reason of the lack of support to BlackBerry10 comes from the fact that OS10 lacks essential elements required for new functionalities that whatsapp needs to introduce, as OS10 isn't maintained anymore...

BlackBerry10 whatsapp lacks videochat and all other updates...

All that doesn't shock me more than the decision of total lack of support on BBM from BlackBerry!!!!

Posted via CB10
    keyboardweeb likes this.
    03-26-17 03:12 AM
    Now you turn things. First I already use BB10. Second they advice me to buy an other Phone. I think that is a kind of arrogance. Message that it will not be supported anymore is enough.
    But I also mention that the WA before Facebook was different. And about that new options, the last option they introduce most of the people not like.
    The old WA did not just copy options of Snapchat and Instagram. And who need that options? WA is just for messaging, so stay there.
    And after 30 june, maybe I go back to SMS. I use WA just for messaging.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 04:09 AM
    Who wants to talk to me can use bbm, those who do not want ... I do not care ...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 06:36 AM
    Please! Whatsapp should just pull the plug! I am tired of seeing threads like this!!!
    03-26-17 07:38 AM
    Please! Whatsapp should just pull the plug! I am tired of seeing threads like this!!!
    BlackBerry should just force upload a update that bricks all bb10 handhelds, i'm tired of people wanting to stay productive with the phone they've purchased.
    03-26-17 07:54 AM
    BlackBerry should just force upload a update that bricks all bb10 handhelds, i'm tired of people wanting to stay productive with the phone they've purchased.
    What do you mean they should? That's what they are doing right now! Tell me how do you stay productive with BB10 when pretty much nothing works on it beside phone calls?
    03-26-17 08:05 AM
    What do you mean they should? That's what they are doing right now! Tell me how do you stay productive with BB10 when pretty much nothing works on it beside phone calls?
    Hahahahahaa

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 09:18 AM
    I use my Passport and everything works perfectly ....so what??

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-26-17 09:38 AM
    What does not work? All the things I need work. Evernote, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, mail work/home and WA for the next couple of months. So what is the problem? That it not runs the new Mario? Sure BB10 Will be killed by Blackberry, but still it is the best OS around. Tried Android and Ios and even more OS, but still nothing can stand in the shadow of BB10. Still unbelievable that most people not know this OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 10:08 AM
    Lol bobshine, I like you already.
    By the way, BlackBerry, WA, etc ; am tired of all of them. The days of nokia was very peaceful.

You get a phone, use it till you are tired of it then get the latest one with all the new functionality with less cash.

Nowadays, you spend money on a phone, after two years google says your phone isnt good enough ( pushes out updates that slows down the device) , sealed in the batteries to make sure you get another expensive paper weight after two years.

Samsung gives you a glass back and loads of bloat ware.

Is technology really evolving or we are just piling up toxic devices after a said time of two years?

What happened to producing a phone that works as good as the new one, and add productivity that ensures you get the new one over the old, without making the old obsolete.

This device selective madness is getting on my nerve talkless of the fact that we have "only" two dominate operating system in the world of today.

I just cant believe app developers have so much power to determine if an operating system succeed or now.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 10:54 AM
    hey guys, how about we Petition WhatsApp/Facebook to amend their plan to stop bb support.
    Just started on petition on change dot org (cannot post url here) please have a look.
    My goal is to rach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:
    https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ke...ail_responsive
    Thanks!
    03-26-17 11:27 AM
    Oooo, 100 signatures! That will definitely get their attention.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-26-17 12:24 PM
    What does not work? All the things I need work. Evernote, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, mail work/home and WA for the next couple of months. So what is the problem? That it not runs the new Mario? Sure BB10 Will be killed by Blackberry, but still it is the best OS around. Tried Android and Ios and even more OS, but still nothing can stand in the shadow of BB10. Still unbelievable that most people not know this OS.

Posted via CB10
    My work email don't work on BB10 cause BB10 isn't supported anymore by most MDM softwares... for a device that became popular for their email... that is a huge issue.

The browsers sucks big time... websites are not rendered properly... how can I be productive if I can't even open everyday websites properly?

Ever tried signing a PDF? What a pain!

Edit a Word document? Excel? Powerpoint? Forget it... Document to Go hasn't been update for years

Should I go on?

And yeah, Mario Run doesn't work on it. But FYI, productivity isn't about taking phone calls only.

And yeah, the SMS app is horrible... it freezes when there's too many messages

But if enough for you then it's great.
    werkregen likes this.
    03-26-17 12:57 PM
    Oooo, 100 signatures! That will definitely get their attention.
    Lmao.

These petitions people start in regards to certain apps for BlackBerry are often counter-productive. They have such a low number of signatures that it embarrassingly justifies company X's reason to not support a BlackBerry app.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-26-17 02:12 PM
    Support costs money, period. The specific costs are unknowable without insider information, but the fact is, support costs money. Can you still ask Microsoft to support Windows 98? They will not help you with it, they don't even offer to let you pay them for it either. There might also be technical or human resource reasons to end support, but these things also can't be known without insider info.
    Well, I'm sure somewhere out of the 19 billion bucks they were bought for they could spare a few to support other platforms. But I think, even more than money, it takes time and effort, and they don't want to invest any more on a platform that is clearly on its way out.

Can't blame them.

If the BB10 version keeps working after this date, then that would be a bonus. It should not be expected though and Whatsapp cannot be cursed for it. It's just how things go...
    03-26-17 02:21 PM
    WhatsAnnoying(tm) is the pop-up message telling me to switch to a supported phone. are you kidding? how about I switch to a supported app??

Posted via CBX
    03-26-17 03:17 PM
    WhatsAnnoying(tm) is the pop-up message telling me to switch to a supported phone. are you kidding? how about I switch to a supported app??

Posted via CBX
    This!

via Q10
    03-26-17 03:25 PM
53 123