03-23-17 12:30 PM
    I wait for another update to extend support...haha :P

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 12:38 PM
    On June 30, 2017, we will no longer support the following platforms:

BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10
    Nokia S40
    Nokia Symbian S60

That's still the message they are putting out....

Another extension would depend....
    03-23-17 12:43 PM
    Still June 30, 2017 it seems.
    03-23-17 06:38 PM
    Drama to be continued........ in BB10 And whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 04:32 AM
    Who needs an app or company like this? If they want they can keep the BB10 service Alice. And yes, I not want all those stupid new options.
    https://thenextweb.com/apps/2017/03/...#.tnw_Wm8gTUTK

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 09:36 AM
    I think we should create some petition...
    03-24-17 02:52 PM
    I think we should create some petition...
    You are free to waste your time however you see fit.
    03-24-17 03:18 PM
    Who needs an app or company like this? If they want they can keep the BB10 service Alice. And yes, I not want all those stupid new options.
    https://thenextweb.com/apps/2017/03/...#.tnw_Wm8gTUTK

Posted via CB10
    This!
    Whatsapp was a light IM app for every platform and it was great. For old Nokias/dumb phones, symbian, BBOS, but now? Two platforms!? I think they wont be a sms killer again.

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    03-24-17 03:37 PM
    Since Facebook is the owner of Whatsapp it is not the same company anymore. Stupid new options nobody is waiting for. No third party apps allowed. And as most stupid descision, drop support for BB10, etc. Why not just let those servers run? I even want to pay few bucks for it. But no, just drop support and give as advice to buy a New phone!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 03:46 PM
    Disa

Posted via CB10
    nealjane likes this.
    03-24-17 03:52 PM
    No third party apps allowed. And as most stupid descision, drop support for BB10, etc.
    Do we really have to go over this again? BB10 doesn't have a large enough user base to matter, and the OS no longer has the developer tools to add support for new features that WhatsApp is rolling out on other platforms. Some of these new features are security-related, and allowing obsolete versions and third-party apps would jeopardize those security features.

Why not just let those servers run?
    What servers? All WhatsApp clients access the same servers. They're not going to run a separate service for the handful of people on BB10, segregated from the rest of their users on supported platforms.

I even want to pay few bucks for it. But no, just drop support and give as advice to buy a New phone!!!!!
    The "few bucks" you're willing to pay is infinitesimal compared to the costs of continuing to develop and support WhatsApp for BB10.
    app_Developer likes this.
    03-24-17 04:04 PM
    Did I ask for new features? Or did most users ask for it? This stupid new status feature is even not populair by users.
    And the servers is just as speaking. They just can continue with the BB10 as it is now. Like you say for yourself, there is no special server. And the BB10 version already has the signal encryption, phone call. So what are the extra costs?

And blocking third party starter after Facebook took over. On SailfishOS there where 2 great WA apps (because WA not develop it themself) but after a while users of those apps get blocked? Why? Because some people like to choose what OS they want to use.

Posted via CB10
    nealjane likes this.
    03-24-17 04:21 PM
    Did I ask for new features? Or did most users ask for it? This stupid new status feature is even not populair by users.
    And the servers is just as speaking. They just can continue with the BB10 as it is now. Like you say for yourself, there is no special server. And the BB10 version already has the signal encryption, phone call. So what are the extra costs?

And blocking third party starter after Facebook took over. On SailfishOS there where 2 great WA apps (because WA not develop it themself) but after a while users of those apps get blocked? Why? Because some people like to choose what OS they want to use.

Posted via CB10
    Actually they are rolling back the stupid status feature hehe.

via Passport OG
    03-24-17 04:39 PM
    Actually they are rolling back the stupid status feature hehe.

via Passport OG
    Maybe they also can rolling back not supporting BB10 after 30 of june ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 04:46 PM
    Maybe they also can rolling back not supporting BB10 after 30 of june ;-)

Posted via CB10
    And maybe there will be a new BlackBerry 10 device. Odds are about the same.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-24-17 11:03 PM
    Actually, I like the idea about a petition here. They obviously listen to their customers and removed that new stupid status, so maybe they might listen to us as well...Obviously they even realised that their customers didn't like that status update even without any petition. Still I am aware that we are talking about a majority group in this case, but how many do u think really complained publicly?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 12:17 AM
    The "few bucks" you're willing to pay is infinitesimal compared to the costs of continuing to develop and support WhatsApp for BB10.[/QUOTE]

Can you please report about the costs and your source?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 03:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Who needs a source? If it was worth it for whatsapp financially to support OS'es with <1% marketshare, then they would do so. Why does common sense always need a citation around here?
    gebco and app_Developer like this.
    03-25-17 05:43 AM
    Who needs a source? If it was worth it for whatsapp financially to support OS'es with <1% marketshare, then they would do so. Why does common sense always need a citation around here?
    Sorry, BlackBerry had not already a great Marketshare on end of 2016....but WA extended the possibility to use the app for all the BlackBerry. Can your common sense find a reason to this decision?

Since it disturbs you maybe to give always a citation, feel free to do not answer, or to switch to some other blogs.

WA is of course free to take their decision, and we wish them always the best!
    Sincerely

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 07:34 AM
    Sorry, BlackBerry had not already a great Marketshare on end of 2016....but WA extended the possibility to use the app for all the BlackBerry. Can your common sense find a reason to this decision?

Since it disturbs you maybe to give always a citation, feel free to do not answer, or to switch to some other blogs.

WA is of course free to take their decision, and we wish them always the best!
    Sincerely

Posted via CB10
    They extended it to give people more time to change platforms.. and probably give themselves a reprieve from the nonstop whining, as is the case here.

Last time I checked, I don't have access to whatsapp's financials. Neither does any other crackberry poster, so you will NEVER get a citation. If that makes you feel justified, yay for you.

One actual WA employee does post on this forum, albeit very rarely. He already said why they are dropping support. The worst mistake they made was extending it because that gives the entitled false hope and the expectation that it will be done again... and again... and again...
    03-25-17 07:59 AM
    Mhhhh, I do not know if that was a mistake to have extended.... I personally do not like the decision of WA, but I absolutely respect it. To me the mistake was at BlackBerry side, that maybe did not lobby enough.... but then, a BlackBerry that switched to Android, can really push or try to influence WA in order to maintain the service working also for its proper OS? I do not think so....

You said right, WA employ did a great work of support!!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-17 08:18 AM
    Support costs money, period. The specific costs are unknowable without insider information, but the fact is, support costs money. Can you still ask Microsoft to support Windows 98? They will not help you with it, they don't even offer to let you pay them for it either. There might also be technical or human resource reasons to end support, but these things also can't be known without insider info.
    03-25-17 09:24 AM
    They extended it to give people more time to change platforms.. and probably give themselves a reprieve from the nonstop whining, as is the case here.

Last time I checked, I don't have access to whatsapp's financials. Neither does any other crackberry poster, so you will NEVER get a citation. If that makes you feel justified, yay for you.

One actual WA employee does post on this forum, albeit very rarely. He already said why they are dropping support. The worst mistake they made was extending it because that gives the entitled false hope and the expectation that it will be done again... and again... and again...
    Actually I am pretty sure they postponed because the new server code and clients were not yet ready. They needed another six months to finish the new system.
    03-25-17 12:00 PM
    Mhhhh, I do not know if that was a mistake to have extended.... I personally do not like the decision of WA, but I absolutely respect it. To me the mistake was at BlackBerry side, that maybe did not lobby enough.... but then, a BlackBerry that switched to Android, can really push or try to influence WA in order to maintain the service working also for its proper OS? I do not think so....

You said right, WA employ did a great work of support!!

Posted via CB10
    I can see the lobby effort right now, "please support our platform that we don't support'. I am sure that would have been very persuasive.

BlackBerry is not even delivering BBM updates for BB10.
    03-25-17 12:02 PM
53 123